Reddaway | Big Changes May Mean We Loose More Good People

S

Steaker

In more than 20 years with the Company. (Bestway / Reddaway) I have become Friends with a lot of Good People. First with a bunch of guys at Bestway, and then with a great group of guys from the Reddaway side. A lot of Professional Quality People. The kind of guys if you dont see them for a couple of weeks, and then happen to run into them, your truly happy to see them, and ask them "Hows it Go'in"?
Well we have lost a few of them recently. And I really miss them. I remember when, just a few years ago I would carry business cards to hand out to guys who wanted to drive for us. Remember when everybody wanted to drive for us?
If your planning on leaving, because you have had enough of Creeps like Zollars and Pebbles, and their Grand Ideas of how to run a trucking company, You Will be Missed. BE SAFE

You're not kidding Steaker, in the most sincere form.
Some of these good people include managers, and friendly dockmen, drivers, and office personnel.
Even though we've never met, we've exchanged plenty of ideas in PM's (under another name), and I can tell you're one of those people like the business owners of old, who ran their business under good morals and respect and appreciation for the employees.

My case in point is Mike.w He's a dedicated company man who knows every phase of our operation at the terminal level. Because of YRC policy he's terminated because his injury won't heal soon enough. The old school way would have kept him on, because he's smart and a valuable asset. In their thinking, it's okay to throw him out like yesterday's garbage. It's inhuman, irresponsible, and downright unwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure about Wells? He is only been off for 4 months. Is it the 6 month rule for Non Union Drivers. Or something else? I hope your wrong. Mike has always been a hard working guy. Hope he is able to fight this

man if this a holes let go of mike its shame of letting go such a valuable employee coworker and a friend to many i hope ur wrong dude

My case in point is Mike.w He's a dedicated company man who knows every phase of our operation at the terminal level. Because of YRC policy he's terminated because his injury won't heal soon enough. The old school way would have kept him on, because he's smart and a valuable asset. In their thinking, it's okay to throw him out like yesterday's garbage. It's inhuman, irresponsible, and downright unwise.
Now you bring a whole new subject to light.........If he's being terminated cause his injury doesn't heal fast enough, there could be a whole lot of violated rights and laws. Tell him not to take this lying down. Gallagher Basset's job is to deny and spend no money if possible. While they won't inform you of your rights, they won't tell you of all the possible avenues you can take. This is all assuming we're talking about an on the job injury.?.?.?

Another friend is contacting Mike to see if this is true for sure. I hope it's not. I do not know, honestly if his injury was aquired on, or off the job. I have heard rumor of a spider bite after his knee arthroplasy and an insuing infection.

Now you bring a whole new subject to light.........If he's being terminated cause his injury doesn't heal fast enough, there could be a whole lot of violated rights and laws. Tell him not to take this lying down. Gallagher Basset's job is to deny and spend no money if possible. While they won't inform you of your rights, they won't tell you of all the possible avenues you can take. This is all assuming we're talking about an on the job injury.?.?.?
I am almost sure the company found another reason to terminate him. You are probably right about the real reason but on paper it will say something else.