Yellow | Big layoffs coming at you!!

R

Rockstar

It's that time of the year again boys. Time to put in your unemployment claims. And begin.

with all the cc's at 309 chi hts and the least o.t out there in years i give it 2 more weeks,i'm surprised we hav'nt had a rebid on the dock by now.

6 more local cartage in the last 3 weeks at 857. No road yet. Not including the 3 local drivers that have been layed off and bumped to the road for a long time now.

Last edited by a moderator:
wouldint suprise me , for like the last 3 weeks if im back fri,sat ,sun im basically stayin home. before i would get out sometimes . now forgetaboutit. wonder how deep they will go into cutting the list? i would only like a little bit better organized list to check this out like a stickey at the top of our forum cuz we know to some extent it is comming. im gonna mail r14 to see if we can have this.

i can only add that as a xb driver i have been sent out longer , meaning once i get to my first bed im going further or i bounce around alot more. i wonder if we are doing other terminals work?

KCM, 326,
no layoff's yet but, damn it is slow. One thing I can't quite figure out, why are so many "sets" being held over the weekend? Ye we have always done it to a degree but now!!!!

wouldint suprise me , for like the last 3 weeks if im back fri,sat ,sun im basically stayin home. before i would get out sometimes . now forgetaboutit. wonder how deep they will go into cutting the list? i would only like a little bit better organized list to check this out like a stickey at the top of our forum cuz we know to some extent it is comming. im gonna mail r14 to see if we can have this.

i can only add that as a xb driver i have been sent out longer , meaning once i get to my first bed im going further or i bounce around alot more. i wonder if we are doing other terminals work?

R-14 is AWOL....Last post 8/27.....I for 1 hope everything is ok.

Columbus Ohio 857 was hit hard in the last COO. Down sized to an end of the line operation. With the problems at other terminals getting the work done maybe we will get some work back.:stirthepot:

don't feel bad brothers, buster brown is also laying off....till peak season comes then we'll be working till Jan, then laid off till summer

one of the other trucking companies on tb "$@!@" said there laying off by work performance and csa points not by seniority .thats a good way to get drivers to run harder and be a danger to other drivers on the road...

Haven't heard from him either, he sneaks off on vacation from time to time

i hope hes ok, just on vacation.

i was hopeing for something like a sticky tread on top that where someone could jump into and look upa terminal an see anyupdates on if aguy or more got laid off or some came back. what im afraid of is if the tread is not locked or say only r14 or someone can post in it , it has the potential for becoming a runaway tread with alot of posts. it would be nice to have only updates on layoff status. just a thought jeff i mailed r14 but no reply.