Yellow | Big layoffs coming at you!!

10 of those are behind me. I wonder how many are coming back? I'd imagine it's safe to say, the last person who was hired, then, was laid off 1 week later, wont be coming back. LMAO!
24.gif

Actually, I guess that's not funny. Sorry.

Can't say that I blame them. The company cannot get qualified drivers with no expreience during peak times, than lays off those that are experienced with the system expecting them to come back. This stuff gets old..real quick!

I still after all these years find it funny that they lay guys off but expect them to be sitting waiting for a call just to bail them out, then they get all pissy when you tell them no. wtf

Applying with a company. Since nobody knows anything about if and when I will be recalled, my first responsiblity is to
the family. NOT YRCF!

Kudos to you on family first.I been laid-off 4 years this month, I would come back if the
conditions are right. Got a good gig doing a shuttle with a family owned truck company,
hauling for Toyota in S.Indiana now for eight months. I've had some ****y gigs at 1st.
But my plight is like yours:"Family first" not the companies. Good luck HoosierKy and
GOD bless.

Thanks for the kudos. When the bottom of the board starts getting close, I start shopping for a job. I thought I had missed it this year. Blew that call :).

Thanks for the kudos. When the bottom of the board starts getting close, I start shopping for a job. I thought I had missed it this year. Blew that call :).

Yep, keep a list. One year I was worried, had 15 under me, they laid off TO me, and stopped. The next year I had 58 under me, and they laid off 59! They laid me off four years ago, the Indy City/Dock YRC Combined board was around 400. Now I understand they are working 150???????

Yep, keep a list. One year I was worried, had 15 under me, they laid off TO me, and stopped. The next year I had 58 under me, and they laid off 59! They laid me off four years ago, the Indy City/Dock YRC Combined board was around 400. Now I understand they are working 150???????
I am on the road side. Looking at back on the road with a sleeper. Electronic Logs, super singles, automatic tranny. Moving on up to the 2010's:woot2:

Sad! Indy has lost alot of work in the past few years and to this last coo.

I am on the road side. Looking at back on the road with a sleeper. Electronic Logs, super singles, automatic tranny. Moving on up to the 2010's:woot2:[/QUOT

International or Freightliners?

Applying with a company. Since nobody knows anything about if and when I will be recalled, my first responsiblity is to
the family. NOT YRCF!
I hope it's not 2 long either don't want my unemployment benefits to run out. Enjoying spending this time off with my family.