Yellow | Big layoffs coming at you!!

I use to hate getting laid off. But I am really enjoying sitting at home watching talk shows with my wife and playing ruzzle. If I would turn my phone on I might catch one of those late night work calls. But I am giving it from noon to midnight and that's its.

I don't blame you. I think most the guys are like that. I need the work because I'm only getting partial unemployment. Now, next year, maybe I will turn MY phone off. lol I really do appreciate you guys letting me work though, it really helps.
Biz really seems to have picked up. I really think we'll all get called back in Feb. Also, while I was out last week, it seems every terminal got their uniforms couple weeks ago except us. WTF? Phil said he called them and they said they will be ready next week.
dunno.gif

p.s. I got a GD speeding ticket in Ok City the other day. Bastards!

I don't blame you. I think most the guys are like that. I need the work because I'm only getting partial unemployment. Now, next year, maybe I will turn MY phone off. lol I really do appreciate you guys letting me work though, it really helps.
Biz really seems to have picked up. I really think we'll all get called back in Feb. Also, while I was out last week, it seems every terminal got their uniforms couple weeks ago except us. WTF? Phil said he called them and they said they will be ready next week.
dunno.gif

Dam nation u did get out there and run. Ya u probably get a letter for the ticket. Unless u :butt kiss:. We use to run Tulsa before the merge.

You can often get speeding tickets reduced to something less painful to the CDL if you talk to the DA about it. I once sat in on a traffic session and could mot believe my eyes, it was 'let's make a deal' at its finest.

dunno.gif

p.s. I got a GD speeding ticket in Ok City the other day. Bastards!
The military have uniforms. They don't pay for them either, courtesy of us tax-paying idiots.
Perhaps we should all march in unison also. Warden. Commander in chief. What's the difference?

When I worked at Roadway we had 75 bids.Yellow had about the same give or take.Then they merged us together under the same roof and after the smoked cleared there was about 105 that worked and everyone else was layed off or moved with the change to another location.So now after three and half years and a couple of changes later their down to fifty bids!Of course losing all the road work and the u.e. didn't help.My freinds that still work there said they just cut six more jobs and you need at least fifteen years seniority to hold a job.So tell me,where the hell did all the work go?

When I worked at Roadway we had 75 bids.Yellow had about the same give or take.Then they merged us together under the same roof and after the smoked cleared there was about 105 that worked and everyone else was layed off or moved with the change to another location.So now after three and half years and a couple of changes later their down to fifty bids!Of course losing all the road work and the u.e. didn't help.My freinds that still work there said they just cut six more jobs and you need at least fifteen years seniority to hold a job.So tell me,where the hell did all the work go?
Sadly, most of it is being performed by FedEx and ConWay.

Sadly, most of it is being performed by FedEx and ConWay.

I think you might be right Albag because we ain't seen much here at ABF.I got laid off in 2009 and came over to ABF hopefully to finish out my time!I would like aleast one more contract so i could leave with 34 years.Wishful thinking though they way things are looking at the negotiation table.But we will see.

Do to poor service and managers that do not know how to manage you are right about Con-Job and Fred-X.
Here at 881 we are begining to see where Non-Union Reddaway is doing work RDWY & YFS used to do. Also the interlining of freight between the two appears to be YRC giving to Reddaway but not getting the points YRC services back. The former owner of a cartage company who sold out to ODFL has reappeared as STI and that is where our freight is being funneled to. Remember the company that YRCW wanted to interline the home deliveries a few years back ??

Our "sister" companies? IBT. Do we still employ 2 members on the YRC Board of Supervisors?

At 326 local 40 layed off. All layed off working 60 if want. TM is an ass won't adhear to work rules. Everyone unhappy even management. Getting rough!