Yellow | Big layoffs coming at you!!

Columbus Ohio 857 was hit hard in the last COO. Down sized to an end of the line operation. With the problems at other terminals getting the work done maybe we will get some work back.:stirthepot:

I worked at 547 springfield, mo. same thing happened to us!! hope maybe they will move some work back in here also?

Boosts I could never understand how the company thinks running sleepers thru 547 is better than running singles.I watched our scheduled for 547 at 511.They would never adjust the times of departure.I believe they should have scheduled those bids a little later in the evening.They would start some of these bids so early.That our drivers would run to 547 non stop just to get on the clock.Plus tie up our equipment.Better communications would've been an added bonus.We lost 33single bid runs to 547.Ouchy.

Is it possible that the company is holding off on the layoffs with the thought of posting a profit (doubt it) and gaining more freight? Just a 2 cent thought...

Is it possible that the company is holding off on the layoffs with the thought of posting a profit (doubt it) and gaining more freight? Just a 2 cent thought...

In the wacky world of YRCF anything is possible......

How would posting a profit bring in more freight? Customers want prompt, damage free service, and a good rate. yrc "freight" offers the rate.

How would posting a profit bring in more freight? Customers want prompt, damage free service, and a good rate. yrc "freight" offers the rate.
One of our past accounts (Go Joe hand cleaner/sanitizer) told us that if we show a profit then they will put freight back on our trucks. Until then it is staying on Fedex trucks. It used to be a huge account for us.

218 laid off 1 more last week off of the dock, I am expecting a letter this week since I wasn't expected to put in the manditory 14 hrs on Monday.

Historically, seasonal layoffs occur beginning in late October. Considering the lackluster economic conditions, what makes anyone think there will not be layoffs?

We were told that Corporate Office has created a layoff formula with no questions asked. If you don't meet the numbers, you layoff the number of workers you were over. An example: You are +10 hours on the street but - 5 on the dock. You are to layoff. Doesn't matter if it is dock or street. You can move your numbers to help either side as long as you meet your hours goal. An example: +10 on street and -10 on dock. You can move hours to make it 0. No layoffs.