Yellow | Big layoffs coming at you!!

By cutting the tractor power but have freight to move.The company is creating an artificial layoff scenario.Do we move freight or wait forever for a call at home?To me that is not being an amicable partner in helping save a company

one of the other trucking companies on tb "$@!@" said there laying off by work performance and csa points not by seniority .thats a good way to get drivers to run harder and be a danger to other drivers on the road...

I believe that by performance they mean CSA points, accidents, attendance, etc. I may be wrong, but that's what I read it to mean. I LOVE your avatar by the way! :1036316054::1036316054:

I thought Spfld used to be a breakbulk... btw I grew up in Aurora, so I'm really familiar with your neck of the woods, just not YRC operation down there...

547 was a break bulk. is now a city operation. since the last change. about 20 or so people left. holland works out of the north end of it. between the two companies they are using less than half of 145doors. big yard ,fuel islands, shop. was a good terminal to work at!!! had a good work force!!! company sucked all the work out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! put the work in terminals that ran less bills per hour and have labor issues. just goes to show you that coming work and doing a good job does not matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. 23 years down the ****ter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess i was lucky???? was able to find a driving job comparable money and benies not as good. non union and they really try and drive that home. look for union work all the time but in this area it is just not there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. hoping something will turn around and they bring work back in here!!!!!!!!!

I hope that YRC freight brings work back to Springfield 547.I thought it was stupid to have cut it down.One of the things I saw when we ran(511) was bad scheduling and non communications between terminals involved.Plus we had a lot of drivers that would run to 547 non stop.Getting up there too early and jumping on the laid over clock

I am laid off at 326 on the road. Got three of us starting today. Got 30 days done and next day laid off. All three of us were just hired in last month.

Hmm..and here I was told that the guys they brought back from layoff weren't going to be laidoff.So much for changing the lanes and adding sleeper trucks

547 had just called back one man about two months ago and they laid him off plus i think 2 more in the last couple of weeks. what a place!!! i sure hope a lot of this has to do with being an election year? hope after the obama/romney circus is over the country can get back to some kind of normal??

Laid off 11 dock at 324/Indy Friday

I heard guys with 14 1/2 - 15 years? If I hadn't resigned 4 years ago, I would have 14plus years there. For Perspective, all but two Preston Guys were below me, so they're all gone. And I was 6 behind CMac- the bottom of those 11 laid off.