Yellow | Big layoffs coming at you!!

I heard guys with 14 1/2 - 15 years? If I hadn't resigned 4 years ago, I would have 14plus years there. For Perspective, all but two Preston Guys were below me, so they're all gone. And I was 6 behind CMac- the bottom of those 11 laid off.
You made a wise choice when you resigned. And I know your present employer is not really cyclical like LTL is.

You made a wise choice when you resigned. And I know your present employer is not really cyclical like LTL is.

No matter how bad politicians screw up the Economy- people are Dying for me to work! (Rimshot; Thank You Very Much...) :biglaugh: God loves me; I got lucky!

1.25 bills per hour on dock.Slow getting the freight out of the valley in Texas.Thats to name a few.Our terminal has been put on notice by Overland Park.Brass already has change of operations in hand.Trust me on this.511 could be easily made into an end of line terminal.Similar to Columbus ohio

1.25 bills per hour on dock.Slow getting the freight out of the valley in Texas.Thats to name a few.Our terminal has been put on notice by Overland Park.Brass already has change of operations in hand.Trust me on this.511 could be easily made into an end of line terminal.Similar to Columbus ohio

Indy has got to be ar least 600 miles from 511,don't see the link between the 2?

What would 511Irving/Dallas have to do with324 indy?

Indy has got to be ar least 600 miles from 511,don't see the link between the 2?

There is more than one way to get across the nation these days. The power held by 511 can easily be countered.

Anyone in Springfield/Joplin looking for work?

Is there a terminal nearby that might be able to handle a major increase in volume?

No big deal, but Chicago work could be moved to the Quad Cities in a heartbeat and the labor cost would decrease significantly.

Just be aware of the unoccupied real estate that is available and the hunger of a nation looking for work.

I don't get it why some of these guys at 511.Want to work slow to get people back from layoff.Each an everyone should take care of their own job first.the hall has warned these members already.Always some kind of drama here.

Oh yes,there are other terminals not far from 511.Houston is roughly 250 miles and Oklahoma City is 200 miles to the north.

OKC is most suitable, I 35/I 40 and I 44 are good east/west corridors, but rail access needs to improve.

Splitting work between there and KC may be in the cards. Add the Quad cities (Do not count Des Moines out) and the e/w lane narrows and provides more options for short haul between those relay points and the I-35 corridor will be THE major north/south corridor when the full extent of NAFTA is realized.

I don't get it why some of these guys at 511.Want to work slow to get people back from layoff.Each an everyone should take care of their own job first.the hall has warned these members already.Always some kind of drama here.

Never have understood that philosophy.

Most definitely okc is well suited.Ive been there quite a bit.Underutilized.lots of warehouse space and extra large shop.Houston is under utilized as well.Has more railroads.More yard space.What differentiates these two terminals and 511.Is the fact I seldom hear or see drama.

Interested in work in Springfield, Mo what do you got there Elwood

I got nothing there, I am in SoCal.

Thank you for proving my point, though. There are a lot of people in SW MO, NE OK and NW AR that would love to have jobs with YRC return to their region.

That being, 511 needs to remove their heads from their poop shutes or their will be a shift in the traffic lanes and none of them will be through Dallas.

Yeah, I know, the Titanic is unsinkable.

General Motors is too big to go bankrupt.

They will never stop making American Steel.

How can you have a train without a caboose?

There will come a day when the oil companies will be a thing of the past, too!