Yellow | Big layoffs coming at you!!

I didn't know what you meant by Springfield mo.You don't have to tell me about getting my head out of the backside.Because I work.Its these dock workers that don't have a good work ethic.our hall has warned them just that.Why don't y'all come here and express your anguish.Us drivers have done what we could

I didn't know what you meant by Springfield mo.You don't have to tell me about getting my head out of the backside.Because I work.Its these dock workers that don't have a good work ethic.our hall has warned them just that.Why don't y'all come here and express your anguish.Us drivers have done what we could

I break those loads every night, looks like they been loaded by a wood chipper, sometimes.
I talk with the teams that come through and I feel your pain brother.
Asking for 2.5 to 3.5 bph ain't a lot in my book.
I got no problem with anyone that does an honest days work, but, like I have said before, I hate cleaning up other peoples messes.
I remember those nice clean loads from 135, before deck bars. Now, that was skill to behold. Learned alot breaking those babies.

I hear ya.There was a picture on the wall in Chula Vista Ca.That showed the lack of quality loading by 511.actually it looked down right criminal.An engine was loaded upside down and on top of boxes.Oil had spewed from the engine to all of the other freight.That is intentional.I say make this 511 terminal an end of line and let us drivers go to okc or Houston.The end result is us drivers sitting at home and loss of customers.It has been this way since I was hired in the late 90s.Frankly I am tired of it.Other than that.I don't mind working here.

4 road drivers laid off at 241,Cincinnati,OH. last Friday. Expect more to come soon, extremely
slow this week too.

Springfield ,Mo. about 90 plus doors sitting there empty. big yard empty,fuel islands not pumping fuel, shop Ithink 3 mechanics laidoff and about 60 plus men on layoff between drivers and dock! WE are looking for work in this area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got nothing there, I am in SoCal.

Thank you for proving my point, though. There are a lot of people in SW MO, NE OK and NW AR that would love to have jobs with YRC return to their region.

That being, 511 needs to remove their heads from their poop shutes or their will be a shift in the traffic lanes and none of them will be through Dallas.

Yeah, I know, the Titanic is unsinkable.

General Motors is too big to go bankrupt.

They will never stop making American Steel.

How can you have a train without a caboose?

There will come a day when the oil companies will be a thing of the past, too!

Taxmageddon 2013 is headed for U.S. taxpayers. Are you ready for the storm? It's time to pay the fiddler. The recession returns

do you read? over..do you read?​

The first 5 got laid off today at 326. offering 4 hour shifts. I know cause I was one of the 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
11 total on layoff. Work is real soft!

I'm the last guy now.
18.gif
I'm new to the company (5 months) & new to the industry (1 year 5 months), but, I will say, I'm very happy to be with YRC. I was a route salesman for 20 years, finally got fed up with that BS, so, finally got the balls & made a career change at 50. So glad I did. This job is perfect for me. Sorry for coming across as such a dorky noob, but, that's what I am. lol I've learned alot, but, I still have alot to learn. Been lurking this board for quite some time & finally decided to participate. Anyway, I sure wish this election would get over with.
45.gif

welcome to the boards and Good Luck too!!
I'm the last guy now.
18.gif
I'm new to the company (5 months) & new to the industry (1 year 5 months), but, I will say, I'm very happy to be with YRC. I was a route salesman for 20 years, finally got fed up with that BS, so, finally got the balls & made a career change at 50. So glad I did. This job is perfect for me. Sorry for coming across as such a dorky noob, but, that's what I am. lol I've learned alot, but, I still have alot to learn. Been lurking this board for quite some time & finally decided to participate. Anyway, I sure wish this election would get over with.
45.gif

Four more road drivers to be laid off tomorrow at 402...that will make 14 total...and with the seven who quit because they couldn't get out, that's 21 gone.

I'm the last guy now.
18.gif
45.gif
Welcome to TB. And also to the asylum we call YRCF. I hope you can tough it out at 324. The job is not what it once was, but the chance to improve IS HERE. GOOD LUCK!!!

Hang in there indyhauler , its a rough ride being on the bottom but in time it does get better. Welcome aboard !

Thanks guys. I planned ahead before I came aboard (nothing tying me down & hardly any bills), so, I'm good to go, 'all in'. Actually, I feel kind of fortunate. I figured you would have had to know someone to get on, or, at least have more then 1 year, part time, experience.
I'm learning what a 'Hog Board' is all about as compared to a 'Wheel'. I was thinking it might be a good idea for me to transfer to 241 when I got a chance since they run a wheel there, however, after asking several people, it seems most think it might be a good idea to stay where I'm at (I've already moved up 5 places and there are 10 people behind me already). Lot of guys in their 60s & 70s here too, but, they don't seem to want to ever retire. lol We had one guy who started in '53, he was 83 and was forced to retire after he had a stroke. Boy, I bet the union LOVES guys like that. Next guy up is 77 & he is supposed to retire in March, but, I was told he has said this before but never retired so we'll see. I'm in no hurry. I've got plenty of time to come up with my best plan. I've still got a crap load to learn anyway. Hell, some of the time, I don't even know what the hell you guys are talking about. LMAO! Anyway, I really do like it at YRC. 95% of the guys are really great guys. The other 5% (you probably know who they are, lol) I just stay away from them.

yea it gets better ask the guys with 17 +years in charlotte that have been layed or 18-20 times maybe more since the merge . just saying . 2 weeks on 2 weeks layed off . only reason they get back on is because they use to many hours when they are layed off . besides when they are off they get called for better hours and some over time lol its a gift i guess to be layed off :LMAO: