Yellow | Big Pay Raise For ALL New Hires At YRC?

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Head through the grapevine that a big pay raise is coming May 1st for ALL new hires to keep them at YRC. Pay rates the same for 30 days up to Senior employees pay rates.

Anybody heard any more on this?

:wtflol:

SWEET , & in 2019 lets bump it up to -20% giveback these guys need our money !! and SURE our Good Buddy Hoffa will be monitoring the situation ??:438:

Do you always have to be negative WTF.If you don't like what you have or don't like your just quit while your a head - 15 %:duel::growup::chairshot::crybaby::fingure:
roadboss I'm being POSITIVE , I said SWEET and think we should give them more of our paycheck and I'm VERY GRATEFUL for having a job with YRCW and VERY GRATEFUL to be paying Dues so my Great Union Leader Hoffa & his crew can retire with FULL PENSIONS !! so roadboss "DON'T' WORRY BE HAPPY " :courage: :cool new: :cool: :cocksure: :clap::clapping: :peaceful: :heykoolaid:

Head through the grapevine that a big pay raise is coming May 1st for ALL new hires to keep them at YRC. Pay rates the same for 30 days up to Senior employees pay rates.

Anybody heard any more on this?

:wtflol:
If true, it would mean modifying the existing MOU wouldn't it ? And if they can modify it for new hires they can modify it for the rest of us. Just an opinion. :popcorn:

How would you modify the MOU without a vote?
I'm not saying management dose'nt needs to bump up the rate but if so there will be a hell of a lot of paper flying around the panels! Sorry Boys but you can't do for one without doing for the other!
It might be that management is finally figuring out burger king has a better starting rate for casuals/ part timers. Intresting to see what, If anything happens.

Something makes me think that this happened somewhere before but I can't remember who and where. I believe that the outcome was that they were able to do it in spite of what had been voted on. It doesn't seem right because it changes what was voted on and might not have passed with the new changes. Then, at ABF, the company wanted to give back vacation time to new hires only and not to the senior drivers and they were told that they couldn't do it, it was all for one and one for all. :idunno:

Bottom Line is yrcw can do what ever they want to & union is ok with it ,just look at past 6-7 years , problem is they can't hire nobody because we are the lowest paid LTL Driver's in the Industry !

Something makes me think that this happened somewhere before but I can't remember who and where. I believe that the outcome was that they were able to do it in spite of what had been voted on. It doesn't seem right because it changes what was voted on and might not have passed with the new changes. Then, at ABF, the company wanted to give back vacation time to new hires only and not to the senior drivers and they were told that they couldn't do it, it was all for one and one for all. :idunno:

ABF raised the Casual dock pay up $16.00 per hour in order to attract good dock workers....must have worked because some at YRC in Florida left for ABF....they did NOT have to vote on it either.....KK

Last edited:
http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/checkmate-abf.67007/

How would you modify the MOU without a vote?
I'm not saying management dose'nt needs to bump up the rate but if so there will be a hell of a lot of paper flying around the panels! Sorry Boys but you can't do for one without doing for the other!
It might be that management is finally figuring out burger king has a better starting rate for casuals/ part timers. Intresting to see what, If anything happens.
They're appearing to make it so everyone makes the equal top rate? No one is being grieved by that.