Yellow | Big Pay Raise For ALL New Hires At YRC?

Head through the grapevine that a big pay raise is coming May 1st for ALL new hires to keep them at YRC. Pay rates the same for 30 days up to Senior employees pay rates.

Anybody heard any more on this?

:wtflol:
Which vine did you hear this on????

Only these YRC....Holland...and New Penn) Terminals will get the increases.....
xDjtUmq.jpg

D1cS8TL.jpg

9NbeWHn.jpg

That's entirely different than what you posted in BOLD in your first post. That was misleading.

Still, no one is harmed. Since the MOU , posters have called for more teamsters (this helps) and higher starting pay (this helps). I don't get the jealousy?
I don't know if it's jealousy but I was under the impression that our union is built on unity and that we all stood on equal ground doesn't seem right that some people will be getting increased while others doing the same job don't just because they are in a different terminal.
Maybe next year the Union will let them decide which employees get increases based on who they like.

I don't know if it's jealousy but I was under the impression that our union is built on unity and that we all stood on equal ground doesn't seem right that some people will be getting increased while others doing the same job don't just because they are in a different terminal.
Maybe next year the Union will let them decide which employees get increases based on who they like.
It appears that no one was harmed. No one took a cut. It Appears the terminals giving higher pay are the ones (probably) having the most trouble hiring. All in all, it appears to be the way for the company (thus your job) to stay alive, without anyone taking more cuts than you have already. The new hires would have eventually reached that level anyway. Thus, it sounds like those complaining that they too aren't getting raises are only jealous.

A TM could probably have done this already on a case by case basis. YRC can Always pay more than the contract without seeking permission- just can't pay less....

Last edited:
It appears that no one was harmed. No one took a cut. It Appears the terminals giving higher pay are the ones (probably) having the most trouble hiring. All in all, it appears to be the way for the company (thus your job) to stay alive, without anyone taking more cuts than you have already. The new hires would have eventually reached that level anyway. Thus, it sounds like those complaining that they too aren't getting raises are only jealous.

A TM could probably have done this already on a case by case basis. YRC can Always pay more than the contract without seeking permission- just can't pay less....
You are correct. Nothing in writing prevents from paying more than what the contract stipulates. But, I wonder if their is language in the contract that says if you pay a dock man on midnight more than the others, do you have to pay all of them the same rate? I know this might sound like a dumb question, but I really don't know. I do know a casual in our barn makes 18 instead of 14 an hour if he goes to the street. von.

You are correct. Nothing in writing prevents from paying more than what the contract stipulates. But, I wonder if their is language in the contract that says if you pay a dock man on midnight more than the others, do you have to pay all of them the same rate? I know this might sound like a dumb question, but I really don't know. I do know a casual in our barn makes 18 instead of 14 an hour if he goes to the street. von.
No one appears to be offering anything but a higher new hire rate. Posters have called for that forever. Now you got it. Its about the first positive step in 8 years. I'd think all would be happy.

Last edited:

He's not dock only is probably why. I think this is about being hired as a dock only, not sure. Also when you change classes during your shift, your waged do as well, if they send him back to the dock on that shift he/she stays at that wage rate for the remaining time of the shift, supposedly.

No one appears to be offering anything but a higher new hire rate. Posters have called for that forever. Now you got it. Its about the first positive step in 8 years. I'd think all would be happy.
I would agree it is a positive,but 18 months progression to full 16 an hour? Must not need people that bad then. If you want any chance at hiring someone who will try an do a good job,they need to start them at the full rate...

I would agree it is a positive,but 18 months progression to full 16 an hour? Must not need people that bad then. If you want any chance at hiring someone who will try an do a good job,they need to start them at the full rate...
It should always be everyone at 100%. And it's obvious that what I read (FreightMaster One's post) isn't the real situation, so I don't have the facts. But no one is being grieved, this could have been done without consulting the union, and most of the posts (i.e. LV's) are nothing more than jealousy/'I want mine'.....

Agree , because right now XPO & Other ones are Starting them at $16 to $19 bucks a hour and no Union joining fees or monthly dues for nothing and plus still taking out the greedy -15% ?? So yep guess they not that concerned about moving freight yet ?