Yellow | Big Pay Raise For ALL New Hires At YRC?

Agree , because right now XPO & Other ones are Starting them at $16 to $19 bucks a hour and no Union joining fees or monthly dues for nothing and plus still taking out the greedy -15% ?? So yep guess they not that concerned about moving freight yet ?
Agree , because right now XPO & Other ones are Starting them at $16 to $19 bucks a hour and no Union joining fees or monthly dues for nothing and plus still taking out the greedy -15% ?? So yep guess they not that concerned about moving freight yet ?
Starting drivers at 100% is a very good move. People still don't want to go to a company in such lousy financial shape but a good move nonetheless.

Signed, sealed, and delivered...

woY2Qgl.jpg

aYg2Lxx.jpg

:hissyfit:
Still. Man. Those are low low wages. I'm sure that jobs can be found at that rate almost anywhere. Of course I'm not sure. Been here it seems forever. But I started at 12 bucks and jumped to 14 in the first year. So the scale they show is like thirty years old! In my mind. Jeez. Place is just screwd up. Glad I am at the end of my stint in the prison. :17142:

But. Some of the new hires I talk to and are staying. One in particular. Is happy to have the insurance. So. I guess some of the lights are bright enough. Lol.
Wow. 13.60 to work on the dock? Wow.

Last edited:
I work a coastal area in California. At a pickup today, a UPS Freight driver told me that he came out from Texas to help the local terminal because they unable to hire drivers in the area.

At the following stop I chatted with the largest, most physically incapable, P&D driver I have ever seen. Given his relatively young age I’m going to assume he was hired by the regional freight in that condition.

Sorry, it didn’t occur to me to ask either whether they preferred OTA or cable.

I work a coastal area in California. At a pickup today, a UPS Freight driver told me that he came out from Texas to help the local terminal because they unable to hire drivers in the area.

At the following stop I chatted with the largest, most physically incapable, P&D driver I have ever seen. Given his relatively young age I’m going to assume he was hired by the regional freight in that condition.

Sorry, it didn’t occur to me to ask either whether they preferred OTA or cable.

I have tried to nurture one that fits your description in our neighborhood at our terminal. If he, of whom you speak, is 'regional,' I am concerned that more than one of such characteristic exists.

Attention yes voters in the last MOU . See what happens when you hold out , the company in this case YRC will finally pony up and pay the worker. Remember this boys when 2019 comes around. And by the way , this is wrong on every level imaginable. Union is a disgrace to the rank and file. They foggton about all the men / women that have been paying 85% of there pension and 15 % of there pay accordingly. You had a chance to finally get rid of Hoffa and his wrecking crew but we failed to do so , and this is what you get.

It should always be everyone at 100%. And it's obvious that what I read (FreightMaster One's post) isn't the real situation, so I don't have the facts. But no one is being grieved, this could have been done without consulting the union, and most of the posts (i.e. LV's) are nothing more than jealousy/'I want mine'.....
Not jealousy my friend. I want things done by the book. We had to vote yes or no on the MOU. So any changes (Good or bad) should ALSO be voted on. And what about equal sacrafice? Give to one and not another?
I'm not for one minute saying the raises are not a good thing for those who got them. God bless them. I understand the Companies position. But dammit EQUAL means EQUAL! There should have been a vote. Otherwise why have a Union at all? So the powers that be can say or do whatever the hell they want? Didn't the South just vote Tyson Johnson out for crap like that?

Not jealousy my friend. I want things done by the book. We had to vote yes or no on the MOU. So any changes (Good or bad) should ALSO be voted on. And what about equal sacrafice? Give to one and not another?
I'm not for one minute saying the raises are not a good thing for those who got them. God bless them. I understand the Companies position. But dammit EQUAL means EQUAL! There should have been a vote. Otherwise why have a Union at all? So the powers that be can say or do whatever the hell they want? Didn't the South just vote Tyson Johnson out for crap like that?
I've only been around the IBT since the mid 1980s, but they could do this - without consulting anyone, for as long as I can remember....

I've only been around the IBT since the mid 1980s, but they could do this - without consulting anyone, for as long as I can remember....
But there was no such thing as an MOU back when you & I started. If it is not important then why have an MOU at all? If the Union can do whatever they want why go through the farst of having a vote? Why waist the money on it?

Head through the grapevine that a big pay raise is coming May 1st for ALL new hires to keep them at YRC. Pay rates the same for 30 days up to Senior employees pay rates.

Anybody heard any more on this?

:wtflol:
If you guys are on facebook check out the group YRC Freight Teamsters United
There is a picture of the MOU concerning this that was posted at 135. Dock went up and drivers start at top rate.

Hey Guys.

The one thing I haven't seen anyone post on here saying. "Only if the affected companies and there terminals" With the locals agree to this this.

So anyword if Local 413 in Columbus,Ohio is agreeing this???

Hey Guys.

The one thing I haven't seen anyone post on here saying. "Only if the affected companies and there terminals" With the locals agree to this this.

So anyword if Local 413 in Columbus,Ohio is agreeing this???
So a local would shoot this down and give up a dues increase, I think not.

I guess, according to one if our stewards this is a good thing. I told him I don't mind actual truck drivers getting the bump, but the driving school green horns who spent all day on two delverys ,no way.

I guess, according to one if our stewards this is a good thing. I told him I don't mind actual truck drivers getting the bump, but the driving school green horns who spent all day on two delverys ,no way.

It's a Union, brother. Equality for all, seniority rules. Take the good with the bad.

You want to be paid for your productivity? Mull it over for a nice long while.

What about the actual truck drivers who spend all day on two deliveries.

What about actual truck drivers who spend all day on two deliveries.
Well. They need a raise.. I'm thinking.... Which is dangerous..... Not what time they spend on deliveries but avoiding them and bringing back half their stops. That's a work of art there my man!

It's a Union, brother. Equality for all, seniority rules. Take the good with the bad.

Are you saying then that we could have some wealthy drivers,and others on state aid??

A union shouldn't be something where tne person can't do the job so the other person has to pick up the slack for him.

Just because the company lowered the bar so low that a snail could get over it, I'm supposed to open my arms to these people who are just playing the system?

It's not about getting paid for productivity , it's the simple fact that there's a percentage of these people who they've hired,( because they just needed flesh) who will never be either truck drivers or Dock Workers, but nevertheless will receive a paycheck for the next 20 years.

If in fact" it's a union, equality for all" than the dipatchers shouldn't be doing" work arounds" for these equally compensated new hires.

A union shouldn't be something where tne person can't do the job so the other person has to pick up the slack for him.

Just because the company lowered the bar so low that a snail could get over it, I'm supposed to open my arms to these people who are just playing the system?

It's not about getting paid for productivity , it's the simple fact that there's a percentage of these people who they've hired,( because they just needed flesh) who will never be either truck drivers or Dock Workers, but nevertheless will receive a paycheck for the next 20 years.

If in fact" it's a union, equality for all" than the dipatchers shouldn't be doing" work arounds" for these equally compensated new hires.

I am sure you knew everything about freight on your first day.

Point being, we all have to deal with a lesser skill set in new hires. Because of present circumstances, wages must be made attractive to draw new hires.

I could go on, but that's it in a nutshell.