Yellow | Big Pay Raise For ALL New Hires At YRC?

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Haha I make fifty cents more than you!

It's true was there and the old timers didn't like it at all!
I'm old time as it gets, Just tell me why you think we would care what a casual makes?
You still live in mom's basement?

I'm just kiddin. Nothing serious.
:17142:
Don't pay to be serious bout much of nuthin on here. right?
I was just picking at Bart, I don't think any of our guys cared about casual pay.
I do remember we were against the 2 tier scale, new hires made same as all back in my days

Last edited:
Everything with a grain of salt.
Just dumb old truckers and lumpers in here.
(at least that is what the companies think.... ha)
If we got rid of all the management and maybe left the ceo in there we would still be ok.
That's a maybe. Need someone to blame. Stuff on.

I'm old time as it gets, Just tell me why you think we would care what a casual makes?
You still live in mom's basement?
You're older than me for sure SB can't remember for sure it was back when I was at CF 40 plus years ago! I don't know why and really didn't care why some of the old timers didn't like something back then I was busy with other ::shit::! As for the little poem I do remember seeing that while taking a ::shit::! What the hell is a basement? I will say I sure had a good time back in he day it was like an extended family kinda painful to see what it is today! Oh well have you seen my pension I seem to have misplaced it!!!!!

You're older than me for sure SB can't remember for sure it was back when I was at CF 40 plus years ago! I don't know why and really didn't care why some of the old timers didn't like something back then I was busy with other :::shit:::! As for the little poem I do remember seeing that while taking a :::shit:::! What the hell is a basement? I will say I sure had a good time back in he day it was like an extended family kinda painful to see what it is today! Oh well have you seen my pension I seem to have misplaced it!!!!!
Yep, you are right about sad times, things have gone down hill in a big way, I never had but one job Ryder Truck Lines and PIe
enjoyed 35 yrs with them, I retired in 1990 when they folded.
Don't know how much longer the check will be coming, guess I have been one of the fortunate ones.
If you don't know what a basement is, you need to let me know where you live, never mind, look it up in your Funk & Wagnail

Yep, you are right about sad times, things have gone down hill in a big way, I never had but one job Ryder Truck Lines and PIe
Don't know how much longer the check will be coming, guess I have been one of the fortunate ones.
If you don't know what a basement is, you need to let me know where you live, never mind, look it up in your Funk & Wagnail
Must be nice not to have gone through this whole mess and just watch. Not being sarcastic. Just saying it must be nice.
As for a basement.
I lived where they had em but don't now.
So maybe that's where Bart is now.
Basementless. Lol.

Must be nice not to have gone through this whole mess and just watch. Not being sarcastic. Just saying it must be nice.
As for a basement.
I lived where they had em but don't now.
So maybe that's where Bart is now.
Basementless. Lol.
We had a basement in Charl. I am in a flood zone on the coast and now live on pilings.
Guess I just was dreaming, thought those big carriers would be around forever, I think greed had a lot to do with their demise.

When we moved to the suburbs by Detroit it was brand new neighborhoods being built.
Basements were put in first and I have memories of playing in them and having and pulling the ladder out when in them. It was good being on the side of the pulling but to have it pulled on you. Well. There was no way out until someone put it back in. Lol.

When we moved to the suburbs by Detroit it was brand new neighborhoods being built.
Basements were put in first and I have memories of playing in them and having and pulling the ladder out when in them. It was good being on the side of the pulling but to have it pulled on you. Well. There was no way out until someone put it back in. Lol.

I had a big fireplace and a pool table, never could shoot pool but still had a table.
My son always had a crowd around, I couldn't beat anyone.

I did about five years here in Dallas with PIE before the Ryder merge moved over to Yellow after the merger! Haha around here you try to dig a basement you get a pond! Do you remember the scaled down set of doubles PIE had that was built on the Mercedes diesel car chassis?

I did about five years here in Dallas with PIE before the Ryder merge moved over to Yellow after the merger! Haha around here you try to dig a basement you get a pond! Do you remember the scaled down set of doubles PIE had that was built on the Mercedes diesel car chassis?
Yep, same here, I'm only 7' above sea level
I do remember the small set of wagons, they also restored a KB11 IHC, painted the old Great Southern green
I have no idea what happened to those antiques.

Yep, same here, I'm only 7' above sea level
I do remember the small set of wagons, they also restored a KB11 IHC, painted the old Great Southern green
I have no idea what happened to those antiques.
I , too worked for Ryder, then getting laid off after the merger with Pie. Did you ever receive the hard back book about the history of Ryder Truck Lines? It talks about Great Southern.

I , too worked for Ryder, then getting laid off after the merger with Pie. Did you ever receive the hard back book about the history of Ryder Truck Lines? It talks about Great Southern.

I did, loaned it out and never got it back.
We ran a lot of trucks with Great Southern logo when I started in 1955
Jim Ryder was a nice guy and knew everyone by their first name after the first year owning the company.

I did, loaned it out and never got it back.
We ran a lot of trucks with Great Southern logo when I started in 1955
Jim Ryder was a nice guy and knew everyone by their first name after the first year owning the company.
58e2e48b9864828e77ad52327528f9bb--vintage-trucks-old-trucks.jpg
Couldn't imagine the newbies climbing into one of these old rig's
pie_pb1.jpg