FedEx Freight | Big raise on its way, but only for some..

purple smurf

TB Lurker
Credits
Just heard this morning at EPH meeting that not only is abusive attendance policy basically going out the door, 50 terminals are getting a dollar raise in June and then an additional 60 cents in October. Of course, the union terminals aren't getting it, even though we are still regular employees without a union contract until our first contract gets worked out, and the other 310 terminals I guess can go pound it right along with us. Seems pretty selective and why all of the sudden do they loosen up the piggy bank for their people? Can't be because of the union? nooooo., not that. Don't sell yourselves out for free lunch and a dollar raise folks, they are hoping you are all short sighted and easily silenced back into corporate enslavement.

Just heard this morning at EPH meeting that not only is abusive attendance policy basically going out the door, 50 terminals are getting a dollar raise in June and then an additional 60 cents in October. Of course, the union terminals aren't getting it, even though we are still regular employees without a union contract until our first contract gets worked out, and the other 310 terminals I guess can go pound it right along with us. Seems pretty selective and why all of the sudden do they loosen up the piggy bank for their people? Can't be because of the union? nooooo., not that. Don't sell yourselves out for free lunch and a dollar raise folks, they are hoping you are all short sighted and easily silenced back into corporate enslavement.
Wonder how many are at the bottom scale (geographic pay differential, they call it). Any body know?

I find this hard to believe. They have taken back our raises the last 7 years.(insurance premiums) Do they really think this will solve their problems.What short sighted fools!

Not sure what kind of measurement they used. I know they always have used a 3rd party to provide them with figures. That party should be fired.

I can assure you they DID NOT use the wages of the competition, nor did they use ANY cost of living calculator that I can find.

My center does NOT qualify for ANY adjustment. We are not a candidate, despite the numbers. These are local numbers that are just fine with "my company". Right there where we should be. JUST RIGHT!

UPSF: $27.15
Conway: $25.48
Old Dominion: $24.95
Southeastern: $24.48 *NOTE this number is going up due t recently announced raise.
Estes: $24.xx
FedEx Freight: $23.68
Averritt: Less than FedExFrt.

Beyond that, I'm biting my tongue, rather than say something (in such a way) that I might regret.

Not sure what kind of measurement they used. I know they always have used a 3rd party to provide them with figures. That party should be fired.

I can assure you they DID NOT use the wages of the competition, nor did they use ANY cost of living calculator that I can find.

My center does NOT qualify for ANY adjustment. We are not a candidate, despite the numbers. These are local numbers that are just fine with "my company". Right there where we should be. JUST RIGHT!

UPSF: $27.15
Conway: $25.48
Old Dominion: $24.95
Southeastern: $24.48 *NOTE this number is going up due t recently announced raise.
Estes: $24.xx
FedEx Freight: $23.68
Averritt: Less than FedExFrt.

Beyond that, I'm biting my tongue, rather than say something (in such a way) that I might regret.
Don't worry EX LAX 396 will be along shortly to explain why your center doesn't "merit" a wage increase.

Supposedly, they are not using the exact zip code of the center to determine who is considered "metropolitan" They have now increased that zip code "ground zero" out to a radius of 35 miles. A small center in Vermont which will remain nameless but rhymes with BFS, is getting a $ 1.40 an hour wage increase for cost of living with a .033 something i think mileage for the road guys too.. This has nothing to do with the yearly wage increase and bonus thingie. So a raise, a raise and a bonus for some.

DISCLAIMER:These understandings are based on trucker gossip and should be taken for the worth they present, besides, it was 70+ degrees last night and I might of not heard everything correctly with the window down.

I agree with the GSP (Greenville/Spartanburg Sc) center getting the shaft. No lube and rolled in kitty-litter as it was. With all the commerce and industry, BMW to name one and nothing,nada,nix,bupkis. Lots of pretty people are moving into the neighborhood to take the big money jobs.The real nut cracker, and no hate or discontent toward HKY, (Hickory,NC), they scored? All I see different are the trees may be taller.

More to come I'm sure, We are in the dark at CUB (Columbia,SC), no idea what's in store.

Supposedly, they are not using the exact zip code of the center to determine who is considered "metropolitan" They have now increased that zip code "ground zero" out to a radius of 35 miles. A small center in Vermont which will remain nameless but rhymes with BFS, is getting a $ 1.40 an hour wage increase for cost of living with a .033 something i think mileage for the road guys too.. This has nothing to do with the yearly wage increase and bonus thingie. So a raise, a raise and a bonus for some.

DISCLAIMER:These understandings are based on trucker gossip and should be taken for the worth they present, besides, it was 70+ degrees last night and I might of not heard everything correctly with the window down.

I agree with the GSP (Greenville/Spartanburg Sc) center getting the shaft. No lube and rolled in kitty-litter as it was. With all the commerce and industry, BMW to name one and nothing,nada,nix,bupkis. Lots of pretty people are moving into the neighborhood to take the big money jobs.The real nut cracker, and no hate or discontent toward HKY, (Hickory,NC), they scored? All I see different are the trees may be taller.

More to come I'm sure, We are in the dark at CUB (Columbia,SC), no idea what's in store.
You agree gsp should have gotten the shaft? Based on what, the fact that almost every Ltl around us is making more? I know, I know,we have heard it before if you don't like it leave.

You agree gsp should have gotten the shaft? Based on what, the fact that almost every Ltl around us is making more? I know, I know,we have heard it before if you don't like it leave.
I think he "meant" that he agrees... GSP, in fact, got the shaft. Pretty cool from a (anti) guy in CUB, who also received that same shaft.

I think he "meant" that he agrees... GSP, in fact, got the shaft. Pretty cool from a (anti) guy in CUB, who also received that same shaft.

That's what I meant, I was agreeing and in unison with the selection of who gets what,why and when. When I transferred down from an eastern New England center 7 years ago, I lost $1.20 an hour plus a few pennies a mile due to the cost of living blah,blah,blah. Just making due with what I get.

Standing by...