FedEx Freight | Big raise on its way, but only for some..

Well when you lie directly to a group of employees that are getting ready to vote on union you tend to loose the trust of those employees. Change is coming just wait and see they opened a can of worms.
I'll grant you that. This company sure makes some really dumbass decisions.

Oh great another driver who has their head stuck in clouds. First of all we have a declining benefits package but the company is producing record numbers. Alot of people have been here along time so why should we go down the road we have made this place the number 1 ltl. I just don't understand people not being able to see our declining benefits package and just going along with getting screwed year in and year out. I mean where did you guys come from Central Transport?

Lmao Central no. I will be happy to say Watkins Motor Lines. That even though they have been dead and gone for many yrs now. There way of doing business and relations with there employees by far out does Fedex. Thanks to times we live in benefit packages are going to go down. I have a wife that has crohn's and has been in the hospital many times over the last few yrs. She has been taken care of and when I needed the time off to be with her this company has been really good at working with me. Now that there is talk of less pt's that will make it better for all of us out here, but that I have to see to believe.

I'll grant you that. This company sure makes some really dumbass decisions.

Your right in the grand scheme of a lot of you I've been here a short time but I have seen this company do some dumb things and spend lots of money to correct there arrogance

Lmao Central no. I will be happy to say Watkins Motor Lines. That even though they have been dead and gone for many yrs now. There way of doing business and relations with there employees by far out does Fedex. Thanks to times we live in benefit packages are going to go down. I have a wife that has crohn's and has been in the hospital many times over the last few yrs. She has been taken care of and when I needed the time off to be with her this company has been really good at working with me. Now that there is talk of less pt's that will make it better for all of us out here, but that I have to see to believe.

First let me say I hate to hear your wife is sick in anyway really I am. I also am not trying to use her sickness at a pawn in this discussion, I'm simply looking for perspective. You say your wife has been it the hospital many times has Fedex's insurance been ok or is it bankrupting you? PS don't pay much attention to ole Crazy Trucker, he is lost most of the time " West Virginia is going to show us how it's done"!!!

We can do better that is my whole point. Sorry to hear about wife hope all is well. Hope the insurance isnt bankrupting you.

What is crazy to me is the one's that really hate this place, still work at this place. Not everyone will be happy but if the company down the street is making more than you. The gate is wide open to leave, Guarantee the man or woman below would like to move up. Fedex is far from the best company I've ever worked for but I'm not looking to leave. Not with the money or benefits that I have at this time. Every company has it's down falls and it just seams that some want a perfect company. That's just does not exist. If you can do better for yourself and family go where you got to go and be happy with the choice made
Some of us would rather try to change the place we invested so much of our life into rather then cut and run. There are many of us who actually like it here but we don't like what the company has done. You see we come to work everyday and do our assigned tasks to provide for our families. In recent years the company has decided to take a different direction than what path we were on. Our Health Care has taken a beating, work rules have been modified to the point we don't know what is policy, retirement seems to be losing ground and finally our pay could be a little better.

Some of us would rather try to change the place we invested so much of our life into rather then cut and run. There are many of us who actually like it here but we don't like what the company has done. You see we come to work everyday and do our assigned tasks to provide for our families. In recent years the company has decided to take a different direction than what path we were on. Our Health Care has taken a beating, work rules have been modified to the point we don't know what is policy, retirement seems to be losing ground and finally our pay could be a little better.
What some of you fail to realize is that this is NOT your job to change, it's FedEx's job....the last time I looked we sign the back of the check, not the front. If you like it here, as you claim, the come to work, be happy, and cash your check on Friday...if you're not happy then the door swings both ways. Yes, some could say the company has decided to take a different path, but that's their right as a company. Again, if you're not happy with that path then you're free to leave at any time, no one is forcing anyone to stay. As others have pointed out, at some locations our competitors make more so if you're in one of these areas the decision to leave shouldn't be that hard. If you're at a location where our wages are competitive, again, what do you have to lose other than a little seniority? According to a lot of you guys, seniority doesn't mean that much here anymore either, so why stay?

What some of you fail to realize is that this is NOT your job to change, it's FedEx's job....the last time I looked we sign the back of the check, not the front. If you like it here, as you claim, the come to work, be happy, and cash your check on Friday...if you're not happy then the door swings both ways. Yes, some could say the company has decided to take a different path, but that's their right as a company. Again, if you're not happy with that path then you're free to leave at any time, no one is forcing anyone to stay. As others have pointed out, at some locations our competitors make more so if you're in one of these areas the decision to leave shouldn't be that hard. If you're at a location where our wages are competitive, again, what do you have to lose other than a little seniority? According to a lot of you guys, seniority doesn't mean that much here anymore either, so why stay?

Everyone also has a right to assemble if they feel they are treated or paid unfairly, which in this case they are. If you feel becoming union will worsen your treatment, pay, future whatever, then vote no. And if the union gets voted in.....well that door swings both ways. Otherwise don't tell someone what they can or can't do.

Everyone also has a right to assemble if they feel they are treated or paid unfairly, which in this case they are. If you feel becoming union will worsen your treatment, pay, future whatever, then vote no. And if the union gets voted in.....well that door swings both ways. Otherwise don't tell someone what they can or can't do.
Never would I want to deny someone's right to organize...just pointing out the fact that this is no more your job than it is mine, it's FedEx's job...We don't own it, they do. We signed on to provide a service to the company in exchange for wages and bennies, if we're not happy with our current wages and bennies we're free to leave just as if our service isn't up to par, they can ask us to leave. You knew you were an "at will" employee when you signed on to provide that service.
Fortunately I live in a RTW state so if a contract is ever ratified (which I seriously doubt) I can continue to work without being forced to pay dues for something I dont believe in...unfortunately for half of my fellow associates this isn't the case.

Never would I want to deny someone's right to organize...just pointing out the fact that this is no more your job than it is mine, it's FedEx's job...We don't own it, they do. We signed on to provide a service to the company in exchange for wages and bennies, if we're not happy with our current wages and bennies we're free to leave just as if our service isn't up to par, they can ask us to leave. You knew you were an "at will" employee when you signed on to provide that service.
Fortunately I live in a RTW state so if a contract is ever ratified (which I seriously doubt) I can continue to work without being forced to pay dues for something I dont believe in...unfortunately for half of my fellow associates this isn't the case.

Anyone can own a part of Fed ex since it's a publicly traded company. There are many owners...millions. But that means nothing. And yes, if someone doesn't like the conditions at Fed ex they can leave, but another option is to organize. If everyone took the first option all the time, every company would be a cheap Fed ex paying their employees unfairly.

Anyone can own a part of Fed ex since it's a publicly traded company. There are many owners...millions. But that means nothing. And yes, if someone doesn't like the conditions at Fed ex they can leave, but another option is to organize. If everyone took the first option all the time, every company would be a cheap Fed ex paying their employees unfairly.

Come on now Red would work for pennies as long as he gets his picture in the southeast news book. It's our right as an american to form a union but good ol fed ex and people like Red don't want to honor our rights. But this company can go spend 4.8 billon on a union company and honor their union.

Come on now Red would work for pennies as long as he gets his picture in the southeast news book. It's our right as an american to form a union but good ol fed ex and people like Red don't want to honor our rights. But this company can go spend 4.8 billon on a union company and honor their union.
No, I work for what the market will bear for my profession...I'm happy with my wages and bennies.
I'll agree, you do have a right to organize...just as I have a right to fight your efforts...and will until the day I retire.
Good luck!

Your last sentence is untrue...if FedEx paid cheap wages and bennies they wouldn't retain the quality of employees that it takes to be #1 in the industry.
Yes, FedEx is a publicly traded company...do you own stock? Have you ever been to a shareholders meeting?
That doesn't negate the fact that the job still belongs to FedEx, not us...again, we sign the back of the check, not the front!

No, I work for what the market will bear for my profession...I'm happy with my wages and bennies.
I'll agree, you do have a right to organize...just as I have a right to fight your efforts...and will until the day I retire.
Good luck!

Good luck to you also I will be here when your long gone.

Your last sentence is untrue...if FedEx paid cheap wages and bennies they wouldn't retain the quality of employees that it takes to be #1 in the industry.
Yes, FedEx is a publicly traded company...do you own stock? Have you ever been to a shareholders meeting?
That doesn't negate the fact that the job still belongs to FedEx, not us...again, we sign the back of the check, not the front!

Fedex compensates it's drivers inline with companies with half the revenue.

For how big FedEx is and and the revenue it brings it, the wages and benefits are a joke. As for quality employees.....there are no quality employees going to FedEx...at least not anymore. FedEx gets all the driver who can't get in with UPS/UPSF etc etc. FedEx is not even close to a top pick when it comes to carriers drivers want to work for, and it'll only get worse if FedEx doesn't change.
As for who signs the check....who moves the freight that brings in the revenue in the first place? Those who do shouldn't have a voice?

Cowering away or just accepting the b.s being shoveled down your throat has never been the right solution to any circumstance, including this one. Everything from freedom to decent/fair wages for you and your family will always be fought for. None of it is ever won by being a submissive wuss.

Has anybody paid attention to what full-time office associates make compared to city drivers? At least in IND they were making $1.00 less an hour than a city driver. Part -time office was paid the same as a part-time dock worker. I don't know how they consider the work of an Office Associate to be worth almost the same as a City Driver.

It's not what FedEx determines their worth to be, the free market dictates this.
That would also explain why a diesel mechanic, who must obtain a two year degree, makes less than a city driver.