Holland | Bill Zollars says: 30% of drivers will be......

They will keep cutting linehaul drivers and mark my words, as time goes on freight will be delayed to a point that they will wish they had us "high dollar" linehaul drivers out there moving America for them. Paid by the hour???? what do you think will happen. The new "overpaid" city drivers will be causing traffic jams on the ramps trying to sleep. Nothing against them but for a "Z"ollar more on the hour, I am nervous about the increase in accidents and fatalities, pushing these guys to limits they are not used to. :chairshot:
Are city drivers under different limits than road drivers? Around here (JO), they force you to work as much as they possibly can. 60hrs a week when that was the rule, then 70hrs a week for a while, then back to 60. Just recently (late April) we got the 10hr rule here so 50 hrs minimum, but since they circumvent that rule, usually more. Take all the shots you want at city guys if it makes you feel better, but dont do it under the false pretense of safety.

get used to it, we are all watching our industry slowly die. like all the union workers whose
jobs faded away before us. the steel mills, the factory jobs, look at the auto industry currently killing off its union jobs as we speak. all being replaced with $14 an hour jobs, and outsourced labor . sound familiar ? all the complaining and whining is to little and to late. we had our chance in april but over 70% of you laid down. some called me a hard liner, an angry nut. yes im pis*ed, a lot of us saw this coming, and were unemployed now or soon. shame we couldn't have saved it. the last stand is over.

so an 8 hr minny every day is a bad thing? WHY?
dgfcby, so what are you..linehaul, city or UE. I can see you being linehaul. Yeah central this is ???? ???? and I am not at my destination yet but I will be in an hour. Can you save me a load so I can run my 650 miles tonite. Yes central you can have my cell # and you can call me when you feel lonely or just wanna talk. Nah, you must be city. Yes Mr. Terminal Manager what can I do for you today. You say you want me to wash your car, how bout I throw a couple coats of wax on it for you. Wait you might be a UE that races to get to your velocity center so you can win the prestigous award of being a ???? ????. So I will end it with a big ole:1036316054: cuz they don't have the middle finger for you.

dgfcby, so what are you..linehaul, city or UE. I can see you being linehaul. Yeah central this is ???? ???? and I am not at my destination yet but I will be in an hour. Can you save me a load so I can run my 650 miles tonite. Yes central you can have my cell # and you can call me when you feel lonely or just wanna talk. Nah, you must be city. Yes Mr. Terminal Manager what can I do for you today. You say you want me to wash your car, how bout I throw a couple coats of wax on it for you. Wait you might be a UE that races to get to your velocity center so you can win the prestigous award of being a ???? ????. So I will end it with a big ole:1036316054: cuz they don't have the middle finger for you.

:hysterical::funky::hysterical:

He is out of Dayton and has been laid off all but 15 days this year

not exactly my idea of an *** kisser

i do believe he would really be happy to work an eight hour mini

They got the ol' 1 finger salute. Look harder!:tongue0002:
:biglaugh:

:hysterical::notworthy::tongue0002:

this is why the union agreed to the UE position. It is simple math. If Holland drives 400 million miles a year and the average LH driver can run 550 miles a night, it stand to reason the company would need more drivers if the UE is only running about 390 miles a night. More drivers means more dues, more teamster jobs, and more health and welfare contributions.

Am i wrong on this?

Yep !! The UE position that bill zollars mentions in his quarterly conference call will eventually be 30% of the work force and operate at $24.00 per hour and linehaul at .55 cents a mile or translate to over $30.00 per hr.Simple math.So for example out of IN the short bids to CH,BN,JO,WH,DA,TO and not limited to will be replaced by UE bids that come into and from IN .

Our long bid have also been harmed by the re-routing of frt to support of the UE bids . Example : Former south frt out of MS that was going to IN on the first leg and then on to southern dest the second leg is now going MS to OW to RI to NA and then on to the destn.Go figure. Been told that the UE will be made to work at all cost.

Third day - Not that it's any of my business but under you profile it dosen't list where you work or if you union or not.

this is why the union agreed to the UE position. It is simple math. If Holland drives 400 million miles a year and the average LH driver can run 550 miles a night, it stand to reason the company would need more drivers if the UE is only running about 390 miles a night. More drivers means more dues, more teamster jobs, and more health and welfare contributions.

Am i wrong on this?

On paper this all sounds good. It does mean more more dues, more teamster jobs, and more health and welfare contributions. The question is what kind of Teamster jobs and at what cost? Many road jobs have been eliminated and there will be more . The UE works for less per day and their vacation pay is about $815 less per week. Under this plan the company has only asked for a few UE's at each terminal. This way they can add several later without the road drivers being allowed to bid on these jobs. Then the company can utilize the 4 hour casual for $14 an hour (these casuals pay dues but they get NO benefits). The company will not have to hire very many full time employees. So, when this new contract is fully implemented, there will be less road drivers, more city employees (with lower wages of roughly $22,000 per year than a road driver), and a lot of 4 hour casuals. The Union gets more of everything, the Company will have record profits, and the working man gets screwed again. This was all discussed at contract time and our leadership said this would not happen. The only conclusion I can come to is that our Leadership sold us out or we have very bad leadership. The IBT should have protected all of their members. Not sacrificed some of us to get what they wanted.

i just joined today and i have not had a chance (and i dont know how) to update my profile.

First, click on the User CP button. Toward top of page on left below Home. Second, look for Your Control Panel on the left under it you will see Your Profile under that click Edit you Details. Third, just pick what you want others to see about you. I hope this helps you, if you need help with anything else just PM me. Welcome to Truckingboards.

Short runs

I do have a question about the wage difference between UPS and Yellow. Did the UPS wages go up faster after they got rid of long road bids? Is there a chance that in the long run our wages will get closer to UPS's?

Freight does not produce the revenue that parcel does so it is very unlikely that they will ever be the same.Length of run does not come into play .

I do have a question about the wage difference between UPS and Yellow. Did the UPS wages go up faster after they got rid of long road bids? Is there a chance that in the long run our wages will get closer to UPS's?
With the ups drivers I have visited with said is that most of the long runs are mileage and balance our hourly, all depends on Local agreements, Omaha,they turn Grand Island,Ne and it's 576 miles but they run it on hourly also mileage, mileage man runs this in 8.5 hours and hourly runs it in 11 hours. So tell me why would you want a hourly job, pretty easy see why the UE is in a such a bomb shell!