Billionaire ex-Facebook president Sean Parker unloads on Mark Zuckerberg and admits he helped build

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SuperCourse, Nov 10, 2017.

1. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

"God only knows what it's doing to our children's brains," he said.
    • His comments are part of a wave of tech figures expressing disillusionment and concern about the products they helped build.
    "The thought process that went into building these applications, Facebook being the first of them ... was all about: 'How do we consume as much of your time and conscious attention as possible?'" said Parker, who joined Facebook in 2004, when it was less than a year old.
    "And that means that we need to sort of give you a little dopamine hit every once in a while, because someone liked or commented on a photo or a post or whatever," he told Axios. "And that's going to get you to contribute more content, and that's going to get you ... more likes and comments."

Parker isn't the only tech figure to express disillusionment and worry by what they helped create. Tristan Harris, a former Google employee, has been outspoken in his criticism of how tech companies' products hijack users' minds.

The comments from Parker and others are further evidence of souring public sentiment about Silicon Valley. Once lauded in utopian terms, companies like Facebook have now come under heavy criticism over their role in the spread of "fake news" and Russian propaganda.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ex-f...er-social-network-human-vulnerability-2017-11

WOW.....people are finally getting it. Is it too late? ......Maybe.

2. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go Well-Known Member

I only know of 2 people who built FB to where it is today
    One still resides in the USA and the other took his billions and defected from the usa ( tax free )

3. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

If the Russians allegedly spent $120k and influenced voters, imagine what having complete control of the Facebook sewer can do to people. Frightening.

4. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

I don't have a smart phone, I'm not on Facebook or Twitter.....why yes, I am feeling quite smug.

Big Dave likes this.
  5. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Great point.
    Controlling the ads on the social media outlets have more mind control than anything Russia could ever do. Social media will be the final straw to our demise in my opinion.
    :hide: