Central Transport | Bills per hour

i would have got an "F" for today, got 14 drops off in 125 minutes, then sat 90 minutes at final pick due to "national account, had to pick or else"

so, my "F" is due to a customer not having freight ready by 2pm like tablet said, not my doing, i was there at 220 to load,,,,,,,, so according to the numbers, i suck as a driver

anyone says anything bad to me about it Monday,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, boom comes the snow bank:argue::crybaby::732:
Your covered NW....We had very little freight in Dallas today because all of the line haul runs that had cancelled

Don't know witch barn you work out of ,but in the barn. I work out of its wait on linehaul,dockworkers,router,and clerk.Should one be late to do job, it throws every thing off. That's before your get in truck. LET'S MAKE ALL ACCOUNTABLE FOR TIME ON CLOCK!!!!!!

NW you sure use 732 alot....I think you could have a spanking fetish....I'm just saying brother.

actually, every time MRS said she is going to kick my but, i say i want it spanked,,,,,

really,,,,,,just think life would be much easier with a little more but kicking around here, 95% of our drivers do their job, some faster than others, but it is how much you at least try that matters to me, but there is always them few, ya know the type, i will take the extra hours picking up their slack, but some days..... just get so tired of people who say they want to be on the team but don't want to pull their fair share

i have learned in my almost 3 decades of doing this that we are coustomer relation's we are drivers office people we wear almost all the hats in a day's work. and the delays are countless some day's nothing others nothing goes right. at vitran as all company's the idea is to make money,but we have shown all how we can loose it faster than most. when the day is over for me i'm spent. i get blasted from coustomers about our company being late damaged freight exct. so now i go into coustomer relation mode. then i have to check all bills and figure out which hazmat is what and can it go with this or that i.e office tm dock super dockworkers and then at time i'm the mech. also cause they cant change a light or some things so i do it . then the drive time to spots and being dispatched to pick up thing miles and miles away. so if you want to treat me as a kid in school and give me an f so be it. i know what i can do and what i can't. i do my job to the best of my ability and that is it. if ya don't like it whatever but when you have slacker's and you are doing there work also that sucks i'm not patting my self on the back but with a little conversation with some coustomers i may have saved a couple of accounts one was over pro number books that they were asking for for about a month. so i drove 35 miles out of my way one morning to give them a brick. as some one said things i do in a day i don't bragg about or ask for favors or make sure all around me now that i did this or that i just do them it's a thankless job most of the time. but i treat people the way i want to be treated and nothing elese. and there is no computer that can come up with a formula for that. let them play with there toys i just do the job that way. it has time proven results. a little joke and conversation with your coustomer's goes along way into keeping there business.and a civil working enviorment when you get there.they vent i don't take it personal i vent and they don't take it personal. one hand washes the other.

I have always said my curse at this company is that I care...I can't be any other way. I look around at times at some of my co-workers and truly wonder how they live with themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always said my curse at this company is that I care...I can't be any other way. I look around at times at some of my co-workers and truly wonder how they live with themselves....I have learned many things at this company since I have been here..But the one thing that I have learned that has helped me the most in coping with this working environment is to stay away from the hotheads that would lead me to act foolishly and from cold feet that would keep me from acting at all.

interesting analogy

There is one big difference with upgf and the V if my dispatcher sees im at a customer for more then 15mins n im waiting on the freight becuz customer isnt ready, my boss will call the customer and either say my driver is pulling out or u will get charged for detention time. And the customer will get that freight on my trl really fast after thatphone call

There is one big difference with upgf and the V if my dispatcher sees im at a customer for more then 15mins n im waiting on the freight becuz customer isnt ready, my boss will call the customer and either say my driver is pulling out or u will get charged for detention time. And the customer will get that freight on my trl really fast after thatphone call

but, like a lot of other charges we don't seem to get paid for, i wonder how many contracts say we can't charge them?

Most don't understand.....My wife hates it when I post those sort of things. I try to keep it to a minimum....sorry. NW I tried to edit it but you locked it in.

nothing wrong with caring about your job, but you do get frustrated working with other who get the same hourly wage, do 1/2 the work and boss let's them get away with it, and go home with the same paycheck.......

i think they should put them on the worst route. or put them pulling a lift gate. Or a swing door trailer in city for about a week. IF they don't get freight off make it another week. Until they get the picture. LIKE we said either work here or do us a favor QUIT!!!!! done with that!!!! :6817: DIDN'T Want to go there. I HATE SLACKERS

they arent going to fire anyone here. they cant. even get people to come put in an appication
>>> I'm giving you tools to help you beat the system and keep your job <<< If all you are going to do is come back with "why I can't" excuses then all I have to say is, good luck and hopefully you will be able to collect unemployment.

You know which deliveries are going to be clean. If you have the freight on the dock and everybody is playing "try and find me" then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what to do about the signature. Then put their copy on the skid and make like a tree and leaf! Those deliveries will help you with the ones that have problems.

One thing they do that pisses me off is that at times when I really double time it to finish my routh and go home, lets say because its Friday....I mean I really bust my azz.....They send me to the next routh over to bail this sorry SOB out that is always fkn off....This sorry SOB milks this cow until shes dry as a bone and they let him get away it.

One thing they do that pisses me off is that at times when I really double time it to finish my routh and go home, lets say because its Friday....I mean I really bust my azz.....They send me to the next routh over to bail this sorry SOB out that is always fkn off....This sorry SOB milks this cow until shes dry as a bone and they let him get away it.

and they beat you back to the barn. even worse, you pass them as you're going to the pickup and their heading in.

I can't tell you how many times that has happened...And brother I'm not kidding.

same here, we have the dumbest dispatcher i've ever seen. wish corporate could see how bad it is, how much money they lose in fuel/wages and accts we lose because of one person.

same here, we have the dumbest dispatcher i've ever seen. wish corporate could see how bad it is, how much money they lose in fuel/wages and accts we lose because of one person.
The problem with our dispatcher is that he doesn't know the city that well....He's from New York and got the job by default when the previous dispatcher quit. He was a driver and off on a work related injury working in the office on light duty and was just ask to sit in while they found a replacement which never happened. See they never even tried to get a qualified dispatcher for a replacement. They took the path of least resistance or just the easy way I suppose. See although I would never have taken the job it was never even offered to the senior guys....He has only been here two years..See someone like me would have been a perfect fit because I'm a native Texan and know the D-FW metroplex like the back of my hand. And I have been in this business for almost 40 years and have paid my dues and have the total respect from all the city drivers...They have no respect for him and he is totally incompetent. He just had a city driver fired for the very same thing he did when he was a city driver but just got away with it. But thats another story.

Last edited by a moderator: