Central Transport | Bills per hour

The problem with our dispatcher is that he doesn't know the city that well....He's from New York and got the job by default when the previous dispatcher quit. He was a driver and off on a work related injury working in the office on light duty and was just ask to sit in while they found a replacement which never happened. See they never even tried to get a qualified dispatcher for a replacement. They took the path of least resistance or just the easy way I suppose. See although I would never have never taken the job it was never even offered to the senior guys....He has only been here two years..See someone like me would have been a perfect fit because I'm a native Texan and know the D-FW metroplex like the back of my hand. And i have been in this business for almost 40 years and have paid my dues and have the total respect from all the city drivers...They have no respect for him and he is totally incompetent.

that's why vitran is in the condition they're in. from corporate, to management, to employees and even equipment. example: let's buy trailers that are narrow in width and height, because we can save a buck. the reason you're saving a buck is because nobody wants that equipment and has been sitting around. now it has screwed you over out in the work place to the point you lost the money you initially save by 10 fold plus. or take the tags they bought for the plates, that bit them in the arse as well. i could go on and on..............

Anything to keep them from doing their job....To damn lazy to even interview anyone qualified....Now thats pathetic.

i have learned in my almost 3 decades of doing this that we are coustomer relation's we are drivers office people we wear almost all the hats in a day's work. and the delays are countless some day's nothing others nothing goes right. at vitran as all company's the idea is to make money,but we have shown all how we can loose it faster than most. when the day is over for me i'm spent. i get blasted from coustomers about our company being late damaged freight exct. so now i go into coustomer relation mode. then i have to check all bills and figure out which hazmat is what and can it go with this or that i.e office tm dock super dockworkers and then at time i'm the mech. also cause they cant change a light or some things so i do it . then the drive time to spots and being dispatched to pick up thing miles and miles away. so if you want to treat me as a kid in school and give me an f so be it. i know what i can do and what i can't. i do my job to the best of my ability and that is it. if ya don't like it whatever but when you have slacker's and you are doing there work also that sucks i'm not patting my self on the back but with a little conversation with some coustomers i may have saved a couple of accounts one was over pro number books that they were asking for for about a month. so i drove 35 miles out of my way one morning to give them a brick. as some one said things i do in a day i don't bragg about or ask for favors or make sure all around me now that i did this or that i just do them it's a thankless job most of the time. but i treat people the way i want to be treated and nothing elese. and there is no computer that can come up with a formula for that. let them play with there toys i just do the job that way. it has time proven results. a little joke and conversation with your coustomer's goes along way into keeping there business.and a civil working enviorment when you get there.they vent i don't take it personal i vent and they don't take it personal. one hand washes the other.

Is that diatribe long-hand for "I'm gonna sleep behind K-mart no matter what you say!" ??

Diatribe......I had to look that up LM, please in the future don't use such big words.............a bitter and abusive speech or writing.....ironical or satirical criticism.........a prolonged discourse. I'm guity to some degree as well because most of my latest post have been trite.....As there is not really much left to say. Most of these blogs are just cycles that have been recycled over and over again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diatribe......I had to look that up LM, please in the future don't use such big words.............a bitter and abusive speech or writing.....ironical or satirical criticism.........a prolonged discourse. I'm guity to some degree as well because most of my latest post have been trite.....As there is not really much left to say. Most of these blogs are just cycles that have been recycled over and over again.

Lol... trying to enrich your lives. Pop quizes and home work included at no additional cost to you, the Consumer :D

I'm new to the tb , but I see the moral of drivers are rock bottom and they don't care. some of these drivers almost got there top out and others that have been here 5 years without a raise. What does vitran expect? theyare getting payed by the hour. on the other hand, roaddrives don'tget payed by the hour. they havetogive an hour for breakdowns and waiting on meet driver. they don't get paid to wait at terminals . I give an average of 2 hours a day, that adds up.

I'm new to the tb , but I see the moral of drivers are rock bottom and they don't care. some of these drivers almost got there top out and others that have been here 5 years without a raise. What does vitran expect? theyare getting payed by the hour. on the other hand, roaddrives don'tget payed by the hour. they havetogive an hour for breakdowns and waiting on meet driver. they don't get paid to wait at terminals . I give an average of 2 hours a day, that adds up.
Yeah but you get all that cake in windshield time...While we get all the stress that City P&D has. Actually bro, I know your job has its share of problems. I've done them both and I prefer the city. For one of the very reasons you mention. And BTW welcome aboard the Vitran train to no where. We haven't even left the station so we are already late. But we are going to make it up on deadmans curve.

Last edited by a moderator:
don't pull the emergency cord, because it does'nt work and no one cares to begin with. we did away with dinner service and forgot your luggage back at the station.

one thing at least for the most part that road drivers get that most senior city drivers don't at least out of my barn is the new tractors, then the city guys with 3 years and less get the new ones while the senior drivers get the ragged broke down junk that needs a two page write up, no heat or A/C if your lucky a radio that goes in and out.and we pick up the pieces and sweep up the the oil dry in customers docks and driveways.

Having dispatchers that don't what they are doing is a HUGE problem, not just your terminal, but many terminals I bet. I wish corporate sees this problem, but they don't.

here is what matters....1) no freight left on dock in AM................ 2) no freight returned..............3) if the prior 2 do not exist, then there is no problem so ignore driver's and dock workers complaints

The VP of sales in Dallas today trying to find replacements for the two that just quit....That in itself is not an easy sale. He's probley asking himself what in the hell have I gotten myself into....And telling himself what was I thinking I should have stayed at FedX. Hide site is always 20/20 brother and it's too late now.:duh:

we cover the area of 4 FX terminals, and we have no sales person
You have to believe they have some sort of game plan...Maybe they are gearing up to make a big push when freight picks up. CK is a smart man and I think he will turn this place around in time...But the question is how much time do we have? Will we run out of time and money before he can turn this company around? At this point it appears we are lost in the dark.