Central Transport | Biometric Screenings pending

boomerang

TB Lurker
Credits
If you are a tobacco user, STOP!!! At least for now. Maybe you can save $10 per week IF you can pass the "Wellness Screening" technically called biometric screening. You WILL have a blood sample taken so that Bravo Wellness can detect trace amounts of cotinine. I suspect the testing will be performed between Thanksgiving and Christmas. $10 per week,X 52 weeks=$520 bucks. Give yourself a Christmas bonus and PASS the 'Wellness" test!! Good luck!!!

I was wondering about the details on this new wellness screening so i called the benefits dept. and was told they would be giving us the info in dec. and would do the screenings at the start of jan. I figured they would want it done before the end of the year but she assured me it would start in jan. If you read that paper that came with our insurance packet, they will basically be giving us a physical.

A few of us at my place cannot pass the BMI part of the screening, 220 to 250 at 6 foot, but can bench press a Limo, the BMI does not take that into consideration (just like the military) your frame size. A weight lifter will be told he is obese by the numbers, when in fact he is built like a football player

A few of us at my place cannot pass the BMI part of the screening, 220 to 250 at 6 foot, but can bench press a Limo, the BMI does not take that into consideration (just like the military) your frame size. A weight lifter will be told he is obese by the numbers, when in fact he is built like a football player

that is one massive problem with the bmi, for my height the bmi says anything over 160 is obese, at 160 I would be a beanpole if even that.

Mine is 175, I have not weighed that since JR High Football. BP is good, Cholesterol is in check, so my Doc says take the BMI chart and light a campfire with it. Some have 150 BP, some have 110. Some have 125 Cholesterol, others like my brother is a Vegan but cannot get below 260 without meds (and he jogs 10 miles a day) Not everyone can be the same, otherwise you would all be as handsome as me :moon2:

At 6'2" and weight of 250....BMI 32.....Blood Pressure a bit high...140 over 86...Im obese they say, well i say i'm just a little chunky...But if its any consolation my wife said i carry my weight well...And i'm a pretty good lover...I would say the scales are broken...But they all read the same..So go ahead and keep my 5 dollars, you obviously need it more than me..and thats 5 less Mcdoubles i can get next week, so now i shall make that new years resolution early to lose that 50 extra pounds. Yeah!!! lets see how long that last.

Last edited by a moderator:
At 6'2" and weight of 250....BMI 32.....Blood Pressure a bit high...140 over 86...Im obese they say, well i say i'm just a little chunky...But if its any consolation my wife said i carry my weight well...And i'm a pretty good lover...I would say the scales are broken...But they all read the same..So go ahead and keep my 5 dollars, you obviously need it more than me..and thats 5 less Mcdoubles i can get next week, so now i shall make that new years resolution early to lose that 50 extra pounds. Yeah!!! lets see how long that last.

Like I told my docter....my cholesterol at 157 eating no fat and no beer and baked chicken....that's not living....if I wanted to smoke I would....but I still want to live.....if I can't live like I want...that's not livin....I like my 219 cholesterol level better than my 157 not livin like I want to.

Like I told my docter....my cholesterol at 157 eating no fat and no beer and baked chicken....that's not living....if I wanted to smoke I would....but I still want to live.....if I can't live like I want...that's not livin....I like my 219 cholesterol level better than my 157 not livin like I want to.
I hear you slugbug....Thats not living...I need some meat and potatoes...not fruit and vegetables all the time

OK, boomerang, so if the blood draws can detect trace amounts of nicotine, what other genetic markers will they check for?? If I agree to be tested for nicotine and they find markers for alzheimers,als,or certain cancers could they claim pre-existing condition and thus refuse treatment?? Would the blood scan be legal for results found other than what they stated it would be checked for? Would this not be an invasion of privacy even though Bravo Wellness is testing at the request of my insurance co. with my consent for nicotine?

If they find that you have Alzheimers, you will immediatley be promoted to dock supervisor or even Terminal manager!!!
OK, boomerang, so if the blood draws can detect trace amounts of nicotine, what other genetic markers will they check for?? If I agree to be tested for nicotine and they find markers for alzheimers,als,or certain cancers could they claim pre-existing condition and thus refuse treatment?? Would the blood scan be legal for results found other than what they stated it would be checked for? Would this not be an invasion of privacy even though Bravo Wellness is testing at the request of my insurance co. with my consent for nicotine?

If they find that you have Alzheimers, you will immediatley be promoted to dock supervisor or even Terminal manager!!!

good one boomerang. tests are pending because vitran is flat broke and can't pay them. this testing will run into 2013 and we will be charged the $10 a week until this crap is completed. this place is a joke. can't do anything correctly or on time. we should have had this done already, along with vacation forms submitted for approval.

good one boomerang. tests are pending because vitran is flat broke and can't pay them. this testing will run into 2013 and we will be charged the $10 a week until this crap is completed. this place is a joke. can't do anything correctly or on time. we should have had this done already, along with vacation forms submitted for approval.
Don't know about all that and frankly don't give a damn....But I love the pic....That's Genius and quite original...I love it.

Blood draw in Dallas 1st week of February.....5 dollar credit for the non-smoker and 5 dollar credit for the participation in the wellness program. My understanding is it's not a pass or fail situation on the wellness portion....You only need to participate in the program to get that 5 dollars and listen to their recommendations on weight loss and other things detected in blood work. Smoker's lose that 5 dollar's. But there seems to be a gray area on the wellness portion.

smoker,,,, i will pass that one........ wellness? scuttle around my place is if you are classed as overweight and/or on high blood pressure you fail..... will have to look into this

smoker,,,, i will pass that one........ wellness? scuttle around my place is if you are classed as overweight and/or on high blood pressure you fail..... will have to look into this
I was told by the TM it's not a pass or fail situation. You need only participate to get he 5 dollar credit on the wellness portion. You get the credit just for participation, it doesn't matter if you don't meet their criteria. I wonder if Pittsburg would know the Facts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Asking home base to give you facts? Think it will work? Now question is how long to find the person who actually knows the facts?

Det. testing, Feb. 11 & 12, it says when you register that your time slot can not be when you are on the clock. Go Figure?? They will tel me that I am FAT and hopefully not detect that I chew. Holding off on the chew until after the test. LOL