Yellow | Birthday or Aniversary Question?

JonhWick

TB Lurker
Credits
When your Birhday Or Aniversary falls on a Saturday has anyone ever been allowed to change to a Monday or Friday as per article 51 section 6 meaning on a mon. to fri operation barn??

When your Birhday Or Aniversary falls on a Saturday has anyone ever been allowed to change to a Monday or Friday as per article 51 section 6 meaning on a mon. to fri operation barn??

Management option, though not that I am aware. It risks setting precedent/past practice. Always an extra day of pay.

Yes, I've moved my birthday to the following Monday as the contract allows.

Yes, I've moved my birthday to the following Monday as the contract allows.
You can float it to fri or Monday.
You are correct, the next Monday or next Friday.

Per contract, with management approval, one may move said holidays to previous Monday, following Friday or Monday. If said holiday falls on Saturday, it is an extra day of pay.
If otherwise, e.g., moving Saturday to another day or floater, management has set precedent and past practice prevails. No past practice, no precedent.

Per contract, with management approval, one may move said holidays to previous Monday, following Friday or Monday. If said holiday falls on Saturday, it is an extra day of pay.
If otherwise, e.g., moving Saturday to another day or floater, management has set precedent and past practice prevails. No past practice, no precedent.
Except at terminals like mine, El. Where you would be shocked how many anniversary dates fall on July 3rd. At least taken on the 3rd.

Birthday can't be moved prior to your birthday, payroll won't allow it unless your manager shows it on a different day and just let's you take it when you want. If you are a Monday thru operation a weekend birthday cannot be moved unless your past practice speaks differently. If you birthday falls on your Monday or your Friday you can't move it either. Sliding birthday is to provide a long weekend so if your birthday falls inside your work week you can move to Friday or the following Monday. Contractually that is all you can do.

Grieved today.
We, the employees of Local 952, whom are employed by YRC Freight 896, reserve the right to float our birthday and/or anniversary per Article 51 Sec 6, if it falls on a Saturday. Currently, our sister terminals in San Bernardo 830, Pico Rivera 783, and Gardena 847, are allowed to float this holiday.

Grieved today.
We, the employees of Local 952, whom are employed by YRC Freight 896, reserve the right to float our birthday and/or anniversary per Article 51 Sec 6, if it falls on a Saturday. Currently, our sister terminals in San Bernardo 830, Pico Rivera 783, and Gardena 847, are allowed to float this holiday.

If this is won, it should be implemented throughout JC 42, if not all of Western States!