Estes | bitter drivers

no this is written by a person who came up in the ranks by starting at daock and working to driver.and is proud of his job.....:smilie_132:

Well come out on Extra board linehaul and see how much you like it.
If I would have only known what this was gonna turn into I would have done something else.
But now easy to just quit, when you have a house, wife, kids, etc. etc. and there is now that many good jobs around.
I think why some of us so called Bitter drivers complain is because of the way this Company has changed for the worse and we are prayin and hoping things will get better I know I am.

Like I've said b4, There are things i don't like about my job, but i deal with it. I am not one of those drivers in charlotte that sit for days waiting on a load, that sucks. I have a scheduled run and might be a little spoiled with that , but i never lose sight!! It sucks that stuff happens like that but we only need to stick it out another year or so and it will get better!!! Anyone that knows this company knows when times are good, they are good. We are lucky to be employed by one of the most stable companies in the business. Their track record is good when dealing with tough times. Remember, freight volume is low but it only takes one company to close its doors and we'll be busy as hell!! We are debt free and financially secure for now. Keep ur eyes on the prize and we'll have another good 25 years!!!!

it does seem like the big company's with debt are racing towards the bottom.
abf, us, upsf and r&l
seem to be chugging along. not saying one of us might go down because who knows but we [ones said] are staying the steadiest for now

i hear ya. i get a few min off work yeah me i think i'll nap so i can get at it tonight

I worked for estes. I am here to help others to see the light. That there is a better life after estes. :chairshot:

Were you a part of the layoff MT or did you just quit. If you were a part of the layoff I can sympothize,but, if you just quit, then I hear a lot of anamocity. If you are mad at Estes that's fine. Don't get on here a try to bring everyone else down. We're still having to hang on, you're not. I wish you lots of luck and I hope you found you a good job. But, remember where ever you are you're at the bottom of the list. The first to go in other words. So GOD BLESS, but, let US:smilie_132: deal with ESTES.

ooo my that post is old i dug a bunch of these up from the past. i'm gonna hide :bowdown:

Boy, your right BB, I paid no attention to the date.:loser:
Just tired of hearing all the bellyaching. You better straighten these people out BB or I'll have no choice but to go to the FedEx posts.:Duel:

My biggest peeve is with big mouthed drivers who moan and whine and **** all over the company that is enabling them to pay their mortgage and drive their big pick 'em up trucks. As many have stated above, if you don't like it, quit and go drive for a lower paying carrier if they will hire you! But for god's sake shut the hell up. No one wants to hear your whining and moaning. These types will b**ch about any company they work for no matter how good it is and these types can be found in any company.

As I've said in previous posts, call the head office and tell them what is bothering you as they will assist you if you have a legitimate gripe as I know first hand. If you're not willing to do that, puleeze shut up already as you will probably be talked about behind your back and, if you run into a situation where your job is on the line, if you are are a bitc*er and moaner, you will probably be fired, whereas another employee would keep his job.

I've seen it first hand where one driver was fired for having an accident and was a trouble maker and another who kept his job after a similar accident who didn't make unnecessary waves and cry about every minor thing!

No company is perfect and all have their flaws, especially a company as big as Big E, but please report legitimate gripes instead of complaining to anyone who will listen as nothing will ever be done if the people that need to hear it do not hear it from you.

Unless the "brass" knows of the problems, how can they fix it? bitc*ing to other drivers never solves the problem.

Some may well counter with, "The squeaky wheel gets the oil." Well, all I can say to that is, if the squeaky wheel continues to make noise it eventually gets replaced as I have replaced a few "squeaky wheels" in my "previous life" as an exec in another line of business.

Some may well counter with, "The squeaky wheel gets the oil." Well, all I can say to that is, if the squeaky wheel continues to make noise it eventually gets replaced as I have replaced a few "squeaky wheels" in my "previous life" as an exec in another line of business.
Interesting!

shoeman said:
Interesting!
However, it was never done out of spite or because they complained too much. It was usually those "wheels" that never tired of making "noise" just for the sake of making noise and causing a rift with other employees. It was usually their record and/or attitude that got them replaced.

However, it was never done out of spite or because they complained too much. It was usually those "wheels" that never tired of making "noise" just for the sake of making noise and causing a rift with other employees. It was usually their record and/or attitude that got them replaced.
Still interesting!:smilie_132:

Most squeeks I hear are from the ones that cant make it home to see mommy every day :Violin: I'm sure Jody is helping out with their honeydo's.

This attitude here is exactly why a certain organization remains viable and necessary to us all. I think we all know what I'm talking about. That's all for now. TE out....

This attitude here is exactly why a certain organization remains viable and necessary to us all. I think we all know what I'm talking about. That's all for now. TE out....
Exactly what I said.....in not so many words. See ya Elvis.. Shoe.