XPO | Black friday at con-way...

NorthTXcon-way

TB Veteran
Credits
I know we've have been talking about this, but I started a new thread.

We lost the longest tenured FOS today. She was fired at the end of the shift along with about 40 other people in the Dallas area. Merry Christmas.

This company is up to something...It should be an interesting Monday meeting.

It seems that everybody thinks it's just con-way but do u know that over 500,000 jobs have been cut due to the economy in recent months? I think we are a little more stable than some of the othe companies arund us.

What are you going to when they ask for money back like YRC?

Conway always does what the competition does....

This could get touchy. How far is the company willing to go with the EFCA soon to pass? I don't know. I would guess more bennies before wages. They have a tight-rope to walk with that bill coming up. My guess, if they feel they will loose, there will be no end to what they will do. If they think they can keep it out of Con-way they may leave wages alone. My .02.

It seems that everybody thinks it's just con-way but do u know that over 500,000 jobs have been cut due to the economy in recent months? I think we are a little more stable than some of the othe companies arund us.

I agree 100%. None of these issues are unique to Con-way. I also think they are being pro-active rather than re-active. My issue is the lack of notice and timing. My terminal closed and I found some things out today that pissed me off. There was no reason for they way a few people were terminated today. I don't want to get into specifics but she was 110% screwed. Someone will be hired to fill the position she wanted at another terminal. BS.

I don't blame the company for trying to save itself, but some of the job cuts were because Marty didn't like the person. It should've been done by seniority. But, I guess if your in Mgmt., it does not matter.
I heard all of the Customer Service was going to run through Ann Arbor(eventually).

Did any of the drivers or Csr or management that moved due to the recent closings lost their jobs today.? WoW, that is a double wammy, especially if they relocated.

And remember that 2008 has been the biggest year for failures in trucking companies......over 1700 trucking companies closed.

Sorry, I didn't see it.

Go Cowboys....beat Pitt.

I gave my tickets to my dad today. I had to use the PTO for all this relocation stuff. Used my last one today to finalize my old place. Had 6 days left for 2008 when we were told about our terminal closing on Nov 3. You go through them quick when you have to move in two weeks to keep your gig. If they go deep into the playoffs I'll catch one of them. Saw them loose to the Giants and beat the Chargers this year. I have gone to at least 5 games per year since 2002 till this year. I honestly don't know all the standings anymore. Too much going on.

This could get touchy. How far is the company willing to go with the EFCA soon to pass? I don't know. I would guess more bennies before wages. They have a tight-rope to walk with that bill coming up. My guess, if they feel they will loose, there will be no end to what they will do. If they think they can keep it out of Con-way they may leave wages alone. My .02.

What is the "EFCA that is soon to pass?"

I gave my tickets to my dad today. I had to use the PTO for all this relocation stuff. Used my last one today to finalize my old place. Had 6 days left for 2008 when we were told about our terminal closing on Nov 3. You go through them quick when you have to move in two weeks to keep your gig. If they go deep into the playoffs I'll catch one of them. Saw them loose to the Giants and beat the Chargers this year. I have gone to at least 5 games per year since 2002 till this year. I honestly don't know all the standings anymore. Too much going on.
I guess I missed a lot of posts on here...Your safe with the job for now...right?