XPO | Black friday at con-way...

Health insurance, Cobra??

I was laid off Friday and was told my insurance would run out at 1200 Friday night, no Cobra was offered as far as I know.. something was said about you might could use come of the severance to pay insurance premiums.

My husband had to rush as well to get my son and I added.
it really sucked!!! we cant be without insurance..r

Did anybody get an explanation?

One more question and I am calling it a night. Gotta try and sleep not eating or sleeping much at all!! dont know what I am going to do with myself tomorrow... I just would like to know "Why" ???? I know the economy is bad, but after 17 years and putting 110% into my job, and not even an we are sorry, or explain why... or anything??? Just told I was being let go, it was permanent, look over the severance contract sign it within 7 days. this is your last day..etc

I am truly and totally devastated... I never ever in a million years thought Con-Way would do this to me, ever!!!

I was always so proud the be an employee.. now it just makes me wonder... you know???

You clean out the extras stuff and polish your car before selling it. What makes a company transaction any different?

One more question and I am calling it a night. Gotta try and sleep not eating or sleeping much at all!! dont know what I am going to do with myself tomorrow... I just would like to know "Why" ???? I know the economy is bad, but after 17 years and putting 110% into my job, and not even an we are sorry, or explain why... or anything??? Just told I was being let go, it was permanent, look over the severance contract sign it within 7 days. this is your last day..etc

I am truly and totally devastated... I never ever in a million years thought Con-Way would do this to me, ever!!!

I was always so proud the be an employee.. now it just makes me wonder... you know???

The company lost approx 3 million in November, losses are expected to be at least double that in December, and the outlook for the first quarter is even worse...I hope this helps you to understand a little better..

Where did you work? was it a class 4,5, or maybe a class 1 terminal? Let us know and maybe someone can help answer your questions. Did all of the CSR's get call in?

The company lost approx 3 million in November, losses are expected to be at least double that in December, and the outlook for the first quarter is even worse...I hope this helps you to understand a little better..
That dosnt explain why a dsr with 17 yrs got axed . Im sure he was not the bottom driver, how can that be right?

You clean out the extras stuff and polish your car before selling it. What makes a company transaction any different?

Anything is possible but, I can't see any other company paying the kinda coin it would take to buy Con-Way right now. If that were the case Yellow/Roadway would have been bought out when there stock hit $1.80 and less.
I think the smart thing to do is tighten your ship and force your competition out the door.

Sorry to hear the news

:holysheep:I have lots of friends at Conway in NJ, mostly from the street and some from the State Truck Driving Championships here. Is this news affecting the whole country are just certain regions ? i know they just closed a terminal here, I would hate to see anyone go. Again sorry to here about this, trucking is definitly going through tough times.

I was at a class 4 Only 2 CSR's, both were axed...
Word is, at smaller barns, all of CSR's got called in.
It was funny, because in the DVD today, John said that the FOS's were going to get to know the customers better.

Sorry you lost your job. What did your seperation package include? if you don't mind saying.

I'm from a smaller barn, we lost 2 DSR 1 CSR and 1 FOS. SCM is running IB FOS running OB and I get to handle all OSD and billing 250+ bills an evening. I guess if they replace an FOS my job will be axed also. I know if rumor is correct and they combine us with another SIC overlay will put me out of a job and I have 15 years.