Holland | Black Friday Is Coming!!!!!

im sure glad you are busy!!!! i hired on at holland {da} on 06-25-07 laid off on08-17-07 havent seen or heard of a call back yet. i didnt think holland hired drivers just to lay them off {casual pool} this must be a YRCW thing because yellow does it all the time

You are a road driver right? They (city) seemed busy the last time I passed through there.

Did the albany N.Y. terminal lay off road drivers?Iv'e noticed lately they are running alot of turnpike doubles across the thruway from buffalo.

im sure glad you are busy!!!! i hired on at holland {da} on 06-25-07 laid off on08-17-07 havent seen or heard of a call back yet. i didnt think holland hired drivers just to lay them off {casual pool} this must be a YRCW thing because yellow does it all the time

That is unfortunate, I'm sorry . the Road Drivers on layoff in Atlanta are getting overtime working the dock.

Did the albany N.Y. terminal lay off road drivers?Iv'e noticed lately they are running alot of turnpike doubles across the thruway from buffalo.

The last time I heard there where no road drivers on lay off in AY.........who knows it could be different now or at the end of the week............:funky:

So, did any other terminals lay off in the city last Friday or did they just plain old lie to us about it being system wide? I can't beleive they would not tell us the truth :toxic:, lol :hysterical:.

The last time I heard there where no road drivers on lay off in AY.........who knows it could be different now or at the end of the week............:funky:

they canceled all roadbids at ay drivers are running open board for now till they get everybody permits to run double holland is having a class for this saturday just think some yahoo is going to train men that have done this for 20 years or more at rsel

I heard that 150 laid off line-haul drivers were called back to work Sunday/Monday night. Hope it lasts for a long time for them this time.

they canceled all roadbids at ay drivers are running open board for now till they get everybody permits to run double holland is having a class for this saturday just think some yahoo is going to train men that have done this for 20 years or more at rsel

Maybe you can show him a few pointers.:1036316054:

Benny the actual number was 40 called back at select terminals in the system. There was about 150-160 road drivers on lay off.

Thanks JJ, one of the guys called back from lay off said to a friend of mine that he was told 150 called back.

Were they "called (letter) back" or are they just back for a couple of weeks to get HMES caught up?

Heard the outbound didn't get done until around 2AM Wednesday night, lol. Laid off four and didn't work three 10%'er's Wednesday, what a stupid TM we have! He looks at the date from last year and what we did on it to set up for for this year.

I don't understand how they can still have 110-120 road drivers laid off and still force 6 day tours to the extra board.?.?.? Sometimes it doesn't make sense, but it feels busy everywhere I go. I am glad they are bringing and have started to bring guys back.

Do they have any city drivers laid off anywhere still?

They should bring those guys back so we can get out a little earlier and easier....:1036316054:

Big Rob it doesn't matter how many they bring back. You'll not get out any earlier till the WAVE SYSTEM is tanked. Their prioriety is getting frt delivered. P/U's are missed and nothing is done about it. Complaining locally is doing no good. Has any other barn dropped this wacky way of doing business? I believe AT tried it for a couple of weeks and dropped it. GRIZZ

I don't understand how they can still have 110-120 road drivers laid off and still force 6 day tours to the extra board.?.?.? Sometimes it doesn't make sense, but it feels busy everywhere I go. I am glad they are bringing and have started to bring guys back.

Do they have any city drivers laid off anywhere still?

They should bring those guys back so we can get out a little earlier and easier....:1036316054:

Big Rob it doesn't matter how many they bring back. You'll not get out any earlier till the WAVE SYSTEM is tanked. Their prioriety is getting frt delivered. P/U's are missed and nothing is done about it. Complaining locally is doing no good. Has any other barn dropped this wacky way of doing business? I believe AT tried it for a couple of weeks and dropped it. GRIZZ

Big Rob, we have heard that they "may" bring the four guys back from lay off next week. They only worked them last Monday and Friday, lol. The TM in LO "may" have laid them off as pay back for a guy getting his job back "again". This very poor decision has cost our terminal and HMES a lot of money. I was told that the outbound shift closed down around 2:30AM Wednesday, 2:00AM Thursday and after so many people ran out of hours and had to go home so they would be able to drive Monday, 3:30AM on Friday night. They are paying so much OT to our city men plus paying the road men to sit and wait its a very, very sad time for all of us. DOES ANY ONE REALIZE HOW MUCH MONEY WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY IN TAXES FOR THIS YEAR? :biglaugh:

Grizz, what is the WAVE SYSTEM? Is it where they send out EVERYBODY on the inbound shifts making deliveries and then have the outbound come in and go to the street to make pick-up's? If that's what you are talking about they did it in LO for a week, a few months back, and then changed back to normal because it didn't work here either.

Benny I believe the wave idea is when the first inbound shift comes in around 3 am and works inbound dock until the next shift comes around 6-7 am and relieves them to go to the street and the new shift goes to the dock. trhis continues all morning working the dock until the next crew comes in and then you go to the city all dirty and tried.

They did it in Atlanta for 2-3 weeks really screwed every thing up and they went back to standard bids. Only problem is Atlanta still has not come out of their funk since this started.

We did that wave thing in Det. for a few weeks. We are rebidding again because Guys are filing on it. The higher sen. guys are being forced to work the dock while lower ones are going on the street. Who's comming up with all these stupid bids? Every 2 to 3 weeks its something differnt

The 3 road men and the 4 city men are all back from lay off. We are covered up and I hope it stays this busy for a long, long time. They are saying that we are starting a major account around the 1st. :1036316054: