SAIA | BLACKBALLED BY SAIA?

driver4334

TB Lurker
Credits
30 years accident free truck driving in the LTL sector.
No tickets.
No moving violations.
No Felonies
No DUI'S
Currently employed with an LTL competitor.
Sounds pretty impressive if I Must say and thought I would have received a call after submitting my application for employment in the Northeast expansion. But after waiting 60 days, I guess not "Saia material"?
I've come to the conclusion that it can only be one thing that prevented SAIA from calling me for an interview........
Does anyone care to give their thoughts about why SAIA wouldn't want to hire an asset?

No tickets.
No moving violations.
No Felonies
No DUI'S
Sounds pretty impressive if I Must say and thought I would have received a call after submitting my application for employment in the Northeast expansion. But after waiting 60 days, I guess not "Saia material"?
I've come to the conclusion that it can only be one thing that prevented SAIA from calling me for an interview........
Does anyone care to give their thoughts about why SAIA wouldn't want to hire an asset?
First off SAIA wouldn't be the one blackballing you. It would be one of your past employers but since legally they are only allowed to disclose certain information (length of time employed, eligible for rehire, as an example) I can only guess maybe something on your DAC you are unaware of. Are you currently employed? Being off work for awhile can sometimes have an affect.

No tickets.
No moving violations.
No Felonies
No DUI'S
You are currently working. Sorry, I overlooked that. Honestly, I just can't say. I'm not a recruiter and don't know what they are looking for in an employee.

I'm not sure what area you are looking at in the expansion but i know several in the Harrisburg area that applied and none of them have received a call yet. Maybe they started calling in this area but i haven't heard of it yet.

I'm not sure what area you are looking at in the expansion but i know several in the Harrisburg area that applied and none of them have received a call yet. Maybe they started calling in this area but i haven't heard of it yet.

Saia's website now shows zero jobs available, so everything must be filled by now. Heard he soft opening was mid April.

Age or union affiliation.

I realize that the age thing is illegal, but it's pretty hard to prove that. Due to your age, you're more expensive to insure, and, forgive me...more prone to the driving dangers that age brings.

Saia does hate unions. They need to get over themselves. You are clearly qualified.

Union past for sure would be the biggest reason, especially in the Northeast. Now that the cameras are rolled out, they are going to be especially careful to keep the unions away. They have been having anti-union meetings lately as well.

That has to be it, because having no tickets and no accidents on your record with a CDL is like having the golden goose. I know quite a few guys with tickets on their record that got hired here no problem. Even I had a speeding ticket on my record when I first hired on.

No tickets.
No moving violations.
No Felonies
No DUI'S

I to applied for one of the 2 supervisors positions at the Harrisburg terminal about a month ago but never heard anything. I never worked for a "union" carrier before and have 20 years supervisory experience in the area. I don't feel I am being blackballed though. I'm thinking the terminal opening may have been delayed. When I checked today the postings were still listed. The current carrier I'm with always says they are opening up a terminal in a couple of months.....several years later it finally happens.

I doubt they would take on a new hire, regardless of experience/qualifications, where they are entering new territory and new facility. They will stick with their own to try to make the transition as smooth as possible. A "Saia rookie" would not fit in that situation

OP - how is your CSA score? and it is possible that they filled the positions with internal transfers which will take priority over any new hires