SAIA | BLACKBALLED BY SAIA?

Those seem to show for every location, unless I'm doing something wrong... the only time I have been able to find a specific opening list was when I asked the regional he guy for one

This is suppose to be where they are taking applications (Terminal's ). Not all terminals on the lists. With this nanny-cam rollout it might be more in couple of weeks.

Saia usually post jobs ( daily / weekly ) on Indeed.com

You must be affiliated with or have a history of the dreaded 5 letter word.That word scares them to death.
That's exactly what it is!

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself!

Of course I cant prove that but it's pretty darn obvious. I never gave it a thought and never figured it would stand in the way of getting a new job but it's time smell the coffee. It is what it is.
Let me say this about the "UNION" company I currently work for, If you were lucky enough to get in and work for this company when it was family owned , you were the best of the best. No other "UNION" LTL carrier operated in the low 80's.
Unfortunately it has become a greedy corporate machine!
As history repeats itself, it's just like every great empire has its rise and fall.....

30 years accident free truck driving in the LTL sector.
No tickets.
No moving violations.
No Felonies
No DUI'S
Currently employed with an LTL competitor.
Sounds pretty impressive if I Must say and thought I would have received a call after submitting my application for employment in the Northeast expansion. But after waiting 60 days, I guess not "Saia material"?
I've come to the conclusion that it can only be one thing that prevented SAIA from calling me for an interview........
Does anyone care to give their thoughts about why SAIA wouldn't want to hire an asset?
Have you called the facility to maybe get your name in their head? Sometimes applications get overlooked. Maybe you're reading too much into this.

Have you called the facility to maybe get your name in their head? Sometimes applications get overlooked. Maybe you're reading too much into this.
I would love to think I am reading too much into it but I come to find out other drivers from my terminal have applied a couple months ago and no one had an interview or phone call while drivers from other companies were interviewed even though they submitted their application weeks after we did.

You must be affiliated with or have a history of the dreaded 5 letter word.That word scares them to death.
If they're moving up there, then they are going to get A LOT of those guys affiliated with the "bad word". So I think they may need to get over themselves in that aspect.

I would love to think I am reading too much into it but I come to find out other drivers from my terminal have applied a couple months ago and no one had an interview or phone call while drivers from other companies were interviewed even though they submitted their application weeks after we did.
Do it the old fashioned way.. Walk in and introduce yourself. If they're offering us a $7500.00 bonus to transfer up there, they can't have all the positions filled

Do it the old fashioned way.. Walk in and introduce yourself. If they're offering us a $7500.00 bonus to transfer up there, they can't have all the positions filled
Know an ex co worker who is a saia linehaul driver from Florida he was looking at a transfer to Harrisburg and would have been the number one man but declined the transfer because he said the company is not the same as the one down south, HMMMM Very Interesting!

Know an ex co worker who is a saia linehaul driver from Florida he was looking at a transfer to Harrisburg and would have been the number one man but declined the transfer because he said the company is not the same as the one down south, HMMMM Very Interesting!
How would he know what they're like up here if they're not up here yet?? :idunno:

That's exactly what it is!

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself!

Of course I cant prove that but it's pretty darn obvious. I never gave it a thought and never figured it would stand in the way of getting a new job but it's time smell the coffee. It is what it is.
Let me say this about the "UNION" company I currently work for, If you were lucky enough to get in and work for this company when it was family owned , you were the best of the best. No other "UNION" LTL carrier operated in the low 80's.
Unfortunately it has become a greedy corporate machine!
As history repeats itself, it's just like every great empire has its rise and fall.....
Yup a New penn employee looking to sniff the grass on the other side of the fence!

How would he know what they're like up here if they're not up here yet?? :idunno:

He's probably referring to the difference between the South and the existing northern regions. When I was a system driver (extra board) I got to see the differences for myself. It's a totally different company down south. Up here in the Chicago and Cincinnati regions it's just another screwed up LTL company.

If you click on the link then search Careers by location in NJ or Pa it shows zero jobs for the locations. There were jobs listed so they must have filled them already( P&D, Line Haul, Dock and Supv were there).

As of five minutes ago, all four terminals still had all job categories posted...

He came up to talk with the terminal manager on a interview and a look around didn't care for the manager, what else do you need to know?
Hmmm, reminiscent of a chat with a TM at St. Johnsbury.