SAIA | BLACKBALLED BY SAIA?

He came up to talk with the terminal manager on a interview and a look around didn't care for the manager, what else do you need to know?
The TM isn't looking to win a popularity contest. You either want to work or you don't. Every job has its issues. Nothing is perfect. This is about getting paid. SAIA pays damn good. I damn sure wouldn't let a TM's attitude bother me one bit. This is about the compensation package and nothing more. Well, at least for me. $28hr ... 64cpm ... Is nothing to sneeze at IMO.

You need not use foul language on this forum train...try to keep things professional.

And for some people, money is not the biggest motivator. Quality of life and life/work balance are just a couple of examples. Saia pays you guys well because they have to in order to keep you because they know the working conditions are less than favorable in a lot of situations.

You need not use foul language on this forum train...try to keep things professional.

And for some people, money is not the biggest motivator. Quality of life and life/work balance are just a couple of examples. Saia pays you guys well because they have to in order to keep you because they know the working conditions are less than favorable in a lot of situations.
Damn is a foul word? Get a grip Buck !!! Even for a female driver Buck your a bit sensitive. It's all about the money at the end of the day. All companies have BS ... And if I'm going to have to put up with it I want to get paid. Is the BS more at some companies? Absolutely!!! But SAIA isn't any worse than the others out there and some get paid much less. You appear to be a bit thin skinned Buck. Man up or in your case Female up and let the incompetence fall off your back like water does on a ducks back. In this business your always running behind. It's the nature of the beast. Even OD has issues. I see some of the most comical stuff done daily here but you know what??? It's not in my control. At the end of the day I just drive. That's what I do. The working conditions are no worse here than with any other LTL outfit. I get paid good as a blue collar worker. Average P&D driver is around 60K .... Linehaul 80-100K .... College degree workers don't make that and further more many college educated workers are on the verge of nervous breakdowns with micromanagement that is much worse than ours. Once again Buck ... get a grip.

Well, you are again showing your true colors train...not surprised anymore I guess.

And, you are again wrong. We will have to disagree. And please keep your advice to yourself. It is neither warranted or welcome.

Saia pays you guys well because they have to in order to keep you because they know the working conditions are less than favorable in a lot of situations.
When you continue to bash the company I work for because of your bitterness of how you left it then becomes warranted for me to respond. SAIA pays what they pay to stay competitive in the LTL market. I could go back and quote probably 100 of your post that are almost always negative. I won't waste my time now but I will if you would like for me to show you the trend you are setting.

Do you feel better now that you have gotten that off your chest?

I'm not bitter toward Saia...the check they wrote to me to settle my lawsuit has been put to good use.

Union past for sure would be the biggest reason, especially in the Northeast. Now that the cameras are rolled out, they are going to be especially careful to keep the unions away. They have been having anti-union meetings lately as well.

That has to be it, because having no tickets and no accidents on your record with a CDL is like having the golden goose. I know quite a few guys with tickets on their record that got hired here no problem. Even I had a speeding ticket on my record when I first hired on.
Exactly they have backed off in their qualifications tremendously over the last few years and I think that's part of the problem

My work conditions are the best I've ever had in 28 years in the industry.

I would love to think I am reading too much into it but I come to find out other drivers from my terminal have applied a couple months ago and no one had an interview or phone call while drivers from other companies were interviewed even though they submitted their application weeks after we did.
you are....these apps get overlooked constantly. I have applied at companies and come to find out weeks later a buddy has an interview and just applied. You call and touch base and maybe something will happen. Although remember....it might not be the job for you regardless. It's a different name on the door. That's it. Same customers. Same job Different managers. Different equipment. BUT in the end nothing changes. Don't expect more than a brief change in your life. It's LTL. It is always the same.

Well, that would be illegal. I was hired at 58 so who really knows? I would say it has very little to do with it.
Are you or were you employed by a Teamster represented company?if yes to the above then you are wasting your time with that prospective employer in Saia.I know for a fact that these nons won't hire an ex union line worker.because you know your legal rights on the job.

Yup a New penn employee looking to sniff the grass on the other side of the fence!

Lots of sniffing going on right now. Some need to stop living in the glory days and come back to reality. Its not what it was and never will be. 2019 it will go down hill faster then an avalanche

I feel in Columbus, Ohio I am being Black-Bowled to. Being an ex-teamster. 20 years dock experience, 15 years class a driver/yard spotter.

Damn is a foul word? Get a grip Buck !!! Even for a female driver Buck your a bit sensitive. It's all about the money at the end of the day. All companies have BS ... And if I'm going to have to put up with it I want to get paid. Is the BS more at some companies? Absolutely!!! But SAIA isn't any worse than the others out there and some get paid much less. You appear to be a bit thin skinned Buck. Man up or in your case Female up and let the incompetence fall off your back like water does on a ducks back. In this business your always running behind. It's the nature of the beast. Even OD has issues. I see some of the most comical stuff done daily here but you know what??? It's not in my control. At the end of the day I just drive. That's what I do. The working conditions are no worse here than with any other LTL outfit. I get paid good as a blue collar worker. Average P&D driver is around 60K .... Linehaul 80-100K .... College degree workers don't make that and further more many college educated workers are on the verge of nervous breakdowns with micromanagement that is much worse than ours. Once again Buck ... get a grip.
Next time if you feel compelled to use a questionable word...damn-dam..spelling is everything

Union past for sure would be the biggest reason, especially in the Northeast. Now that the cameras are rolled out, they are going to be especially careful to keep the unions away. They have been having anti-union meetings lately as well.

That has to be it, because having no tickets and no accidents on your record with a CDL is like having the golden goose. I know quite a few guys with tickets on their record that got hired here no problem. Even I had a speeding ticket on my record when I first hired on.
Been having anti union meetings lately probably due to the fact that the corporation wants to protect their interest in the stock market and to do whatever they want when they want without any static.don't want the labor to exceed the corporate power.Plus they the corporation knows they implement unfair labor practices.They will for so long as the labor is leary of losing their job for anything wrong