Yellow | Blast from the past Dollar Bill

What happened to CF was criminal. The Canadian division survives today and was bought during the bankruptcy by the TransForce Income Fund of Montreal and operates today in the four Western provinces. Ontario and Quebec were served by Canadian Freightways, until they spun off that region as Epic Express, which was operationally merged with Kingsway of Montreal by TFI. The Sufferance Terminal in Mississauga bore the CF logo until around 2010 when TFI finally removed it.

I was sad when CF went away, and I still am sad it's gone.

[QUOTE="I was sad when CF went away, and I still am sad it's gone.[/QUOTE]

When you watch the videos after CF closing you do not see any of the junk equipment we deal with today. They had low-cost equipment that was well maintained, with their own engine shops.

CF was quazi-military in management style. If you could live with that, then you had one of the top jobs at that time.

When you watch the videos after CF closing you do not see any of the junk equipment we deal with today. They had low-cost equipment that was well maintained, with their own engine shops.

CF was quazi-military in management style. If you could live with that, then you had one of the top jobs at that time.

The key words here are "...at that time". Many of us who have been around for a while have had experiences with jobs that were great "at that time". Unfortunately, those jobs have fallen by the wayside, never to return in the competitive era we're in.