New Penn | bleeding (lost accounts) freight

As of June 11th Baltimore is losing Mack Truck out of Elkridge, Md. Lost it to NEMF as they undercut NPME's rates. Decision came from high up in Mack's corporate offices. This is a big one for Baltimore, at least four if not more loads a day of misc. NEMF has also grabbed some more of Baltimore's good accounts, such as National Paper and Easco Elevator so I hear. Also heard that Cinnaminsion, N.J. has lost the Honda acount.

We have had mack for at least 22 yrs that I know of,wait and see we will get it back.

We have had mack for at least 22 yrs that I know of,wait and see we will get it back.

This is when our wonderful parent company (YRWC) should go to Mack and tell them we are considering dropping Volvo as are principle supplier of Tractors. Bet they would change there mind rather quickly.

I can totally agree with Irishman107.
Why help the bottom line of a company that doesn't allow you to handle their parts tranportation needs?

Yes this is America many people have given their lives,and limbs for the freedoms we all enjoy to do pretty much what we want.

But whatever happened to working together?
If a trucking company has a big contract to supply their power units,it should only be right that they in turn allow such a company that is giving them this big order,for their products to haul most of their freight.
Whats right is right,and what Mack is doing is so wrong.

Maybe you New Penn workers should flood their mail box with reminders of what you think?
Maybe this is just my opinion.
But it may get the attention of the corporate types to re-think their transporation needs?

Sorry about that but somethings really bring my blood to a boil!

Well I have to agree with you but the big corp. must think that saving a couple of hundred on a truck is better then making a couple of hundred’s of thousands. Go figure. The company will tell you that you don’t see the big picture. By the way I heard it was stolen from Overland Park Kansas.

Well I have to agree with you but the big corp. must think that saving a couple of hundred on a truck is better then making a couple of hundred’s of thousands. Go figure. The company will tell you that you don’t see the big picture. By the way I heard it was stolen from Overland Park Kansas.

What was stolen from Overland Park, the Mack/Volvo account?

I agree with your there Stimpy, and if Yellow trucks are seen in what were New Penn's loading doors at Mack we'll really see the BIG PICTURE. Deja Vu!

more lost freight

we lost mack truck here in baltimore to nemf 4-5 trls. a night

I would also be happy if you guys UPSF entered into the Master freight.Remember The more of us that are together ,the stronger we will be:1036316054:
crazy, people take that as some cute euphemism, as a show of solidarity. They don't realize how right you are, however the companies understand it to the exact letter.

That's why their first objective is to keep us separated and bickering amongst ourselves.

Secondly, if there was nothing to the qoute "there is strength in numbers", why would the giant companies be out there looking to acquire every company smaller than them?

Nobody understands that more than the employees of NPME and USF, who are barely hanging on to having the distinction of being the premier ltl carrier in their respective regions. That is of course, after we have now been "strengthened" by YRC.

I don't how it is for you guys out east, but here we are in the first week of a massive line rescheduling, and it has been a disaster. It is like they are developing a business plan to go out of business. Management has said "yes, we're going to **** of some customers now, but its going to be better in the long run."

I'm going to leave the "big picture" alone and go calm down...............................

Penny wise- Dollar stupid

It's almost like stepping over a five to grab a nickel with these guys sometimes.

in terms of lost accounts, we have been told by management that NP will not, for the most part, compete against low-ball offers from shippers and their carriers. if it aint making any money, they're not touching it. for the last few months it seems NP has been directly concentrating the mid west / westcoast frt. market. our dock has got a ton of skids from USF. all of the old Red Star work im sure :chairshot:. anyway all of my pickups now have destinations covered by all of the USF regionals as well as our NE area.