Yellow | blew past scale

• Thread starter bkane1@frontier
  • Start date
B

bkane1@frontier

hey all Im trying to get on as a road driver at mbk. two days after completing my online app. I blew by the scale on 78 coming from allentown while working my weekend job. Iknow Iknow never done it before was trying to gethome to go some where. by the time I realized thescale was there it was to late. will this cause them not to hire me on. I have spotless record before this for 20 yrs (they stopped me gave me a ticket for failure to observe signal)

Your good

hey all Im trying to get on as a road driver at mbk. two days after completing my online app. I blew by the scale on 78 coming from allentown while working my weekend job. Iknow Iknow never done it before was trying to gethome to go some where. by the time I realized thescale was there it was to late. will this cause them not to hire me on. I have spotless record before this for 20 yrs (they stopped me gave me a ticket for failure to observe signal)

If that is the only thing on your record then you should not have anything to worry about there. Make sure your up front with the information and have it down on the application where it ask for that stuff (Everything else too). Overall, I would not think this would be a problem at all and know of much worse from people that gotten on there.

Best of luck... :shades:

Stan thanks for the reply. the reason I didnt put it on the app is because it happened 2 days after I filled it out. I thought I read somewhere that yellow won`t hire you if you have 1 moving violation in the last 12mos

Stan thanks for the reply. the reason I didnt put it on the app is because it happened 2 days after I filled it out. I thought I read somewhere that yellow won`t hire you if you have 1 moving violation in the last 12mos

Gotcha, I would just let them know that then if/when you get a chance to speak with someone from Yellow, so they know your not trying to withhold information at all. Also, I could be wrong here, but I believe it is 2 moving violations within the last 3 years. Also, are you sure that was a moving violation or failure to follow/obey posted signs? If it was the second one then it wouldn't be a moving violations or shouldn't be. Someone please correct me if any of this is incorrect... :shades:

I think you're right Stan, I don't believe that passing a scale would be considered a moving violation, it doesn't appear on your record at least!:TR10driving03:

Well, If the application was already filled out when it happened,when called in explain this .
They should understand .

Maybe it varies from state to state, but I was daydreaming one night in Iowa and blew by a scale. DOT cop came and got me and I had to exit and go back to the scale. While they were going over the truck and trailer info, they said it was indeed a moving violation. I was lucky and only got a warning which I turned in to Yellow, they had to sign it and return it to the state of Iowa.

If they do find out they have you for lying on your application.
(I know that this may stray a bit from the original context of the thread but Overnite's post is a good time to bring this up... just FYI)...

I'm not sure about NY/NJ supplement but in the southern supplement, the company has one year to find out otherwise...

Article 45 section 1:
Effective April 1, 2003, the employer will not terminate any employee for any discrepancies on his/her application for employment, after a period of one year from the employee's hire date...

Check the "discharge or suspension" article in your supplement for similar language. I would have checked all supplements myself before posting this but I no longer have access to them all...

don't think so

If they do find out they have you for lying on your application.
It's a matter of record. The date the app was filled out and the date of the violation will be two days apart, no lying, there I would say. Also, this is not a moving violation but if you currently work at Yellow you could get a letter for it since a citation was given. Like Stan says, just report and be up front about everything.

Check the ticket it may indicate whether it's moving or non-moving. If it's non-moving, fagettaboutit. If it's a moving violation, check with a lawyer. The Local Union Hall usually retains one at reduced cost to it's members, for matters such as this. Being an applicant I think this service would be extended to you. Good Luck.

the rule in MBK is no tickets or accidents(convictions) for a year.

notice i said convictions.

if you got the ticket in nj and you have a ny license you might skate by as 2 point tickets don't travel between ny and nj either way.

if you got a nj license no sweat it won't show up for a year or more.

postpone the hell out of it and maybe contact a ticket buster service in nj (ticket busters really work and well worth the money[i got a 102 mph speeder on my bike knocked down to 64]).

you only have to fess up to convictions anyway.

to that guy who mentioned the ny/nj supplement, MBK works under article 69 of the ny/nj supplement and nothing else.

have you introduced yourself to the steward there?

have you introduced yourself to the safety guy there either?

they're both pretty good guys.

btw, what do i know, i'm just a goober smoocher from kentucky but, i did stay at a holiday inn express last night.