Blowing of Steam

Relay

TB Lurker
Credits
I have been reading these post since the union talk started. I have tried to objectively learn as much as possible from both sides so I could make the best decision for myself, my family, the drivers, and the company. I have tried not to respond to the childish behavior that has taken place on these boards. Thanks to Darksky, Richard Beers, jbusy12, and a few others (obviously management plants) myself & a few others that have been on the fence, decided to vote YES. We can not believe the company would condone such juvenile behavior from management. This is a very serious time for us all. Everyone has a right to vote for what they think is best. You guys really do sound like a bunch of fifteen year old girls. Name calling, comments on ones looks, or how they dress. Really??? One can only imagine what other prejudices’ you may have. Time for everyone to grow up. As everyone can see, we have a divided workplace. Obviously, there are a lot of unhappy drivers here. I suspect even some that voted NO, but don't feel the union is the answer. Unhappy drivers are non productive drivers. Non productive drivers mean less revenue for the company and us. Nobody wins here. Management also needs to share the blame. Not once, did I hear them accept any responsibility for where we are now, only that our vote may be responsible for 1500 jobs. Many of us have dedicated many hours and years of our lives to help this company grow. We all have been around people at one time or another, that have looked down on us for what we do for a living. We learned to deal with that, but to hear our own management tell people “A local driver is a dime a dozen” really shows us what little respect they have for us. If management treated their employees fairly and made them feel respected, we may not be facing these hard times. It never used to be this way here. Drivers used to be proud of this place. Not the happy family atmosphere we started here with. Just my two cents.

Well said a lot of us feel the same way and like you said the management plants on here they way they talk and disrespect the workforce is a disgrace.
These are the same people who smile and act like your friend from across the counter on a daily basis. Disgusting right ?
Hopefully in the next few days after the NLRB lets us use the challenged votes this will go away and we will be victorious!
Appreciate and respect you speaking out and voting yes. Drive safe !!

You are right the atmosphere has changed, it's not like it used to be, we all felt the brunt of a lot of economic woes, and the fact that the union comes on and creates a bunch of false hate, and false views to get you to join their cause... That's pathetic we all need to work together to get NCT back to where it was, regardless of union or not 94 to 94 is not a great outcome for either side change will be eminent either way

The union didn't come here the drivers brought them here get that into that thick skull of yours!
We want them to represent us and end the bull**** at NCT. !!! We are fed up with the lack of respect you show us! Ok jbusy!!!
Stop acting like your part of this war we are waging against Nct your not a soldier.

No absolutely not you are part of the 94 union I'm the 94 NON union, that's it you think there is only one side to every story?

That's fine and if it goes to non union ? Don't you think the company will take this and understand there are many things that need to be addressed?

jbusy12, are you really that naive that the company will improve the work environment? Get a grip on reality ! This should've been addressed way before the union became involved. What makes you think it's gonna change for the good? Another idiot that can see through the smoke!!!

That's fine and if it goes to non union ? Don't you think the company will take this and understand there are many things that need to be addressed?
You mean the way they addressed the dock? With nothing. You don't seem to understand that corporate types don't think like normal human beings. They take your no vote as a sign of weakness. They know you will accept no raises for an indefinite time. They will continue to feed you the economy has been bad for us and you should be glad to have a job here routine. Your loyalty means nothing.Anyone who would stand in front of employees and tell them a 401K( which they don't contribute to,the pennies they now put in are a slap in the face) is better than a pension,obviously thinks he is talking to idiots. Anyone who has been watching what has happened to 401K's over the past 25yrs, how they have crashed and burned every 7 yrs or so, knows the 401K is a fraud sold to the working man.

I am calling BS on this clone!!

And sorry to all if you can't handle the truth cause that's all it is the UNFILTERED TRUTH!

You mean the way they addressed the dock? With nothing. You don't seem to understand that corporate types don't think like normal human beings. They take your no vote as a sign of weakness. They know you will accept no raises for an indefinite time. They will continue to feed you the economy has been bad for us and you should be glad to have a job here routine. Your loyalty means nothing.Anyone who would stand in front of employees and tell them a 401K( which they don't contribute to,the pennies they now put in are a slap in the face) is better than a pension,obviously thinks he is talking to idiots. Anyone who has been watching what has happened to 401K's over the past 25yrs, how they have crashed and burned every 7 yrs or so, knows the 401K is a fraud sold to the working man.

tottaly agree--brother

The only changes you would see would be the firing of any and all who supported the union. If they're clumsy about it they'll get their jobs back with pay. If a guy does screw up he will be out the door in a heartbeat. That'll be your changes.

And I want to say that Relay is spot on with what managers have posted and I had those same thoughts myself wondering what kind of people that outfit has managing its workers.

Are you actually able to sign up for protection? How is that done?

Yes you can! If you are pro union regardless of the outcome, the local that's organizing gets you protection from harassment and unfair termination through the NLRB. It's offered to all that try to help organize. A very simple process, a signature is all that's needed and if there's any issues down the line protection is just a phone call away.

firstly you keep pointing to managment, without looking at how both sides have antagonized each other, not justifying either side here bud the mud slinging began once it became apparent there were different opinions

It's called profit sharing . If they want to turn this company around give the people 3 % profit sharing ... That company would work together ...3 % adds up ...Now why can't they think of this ?