ABF | Blue flu

Careful, Brother.........As I have said many times here, .......there are company spies that monitor social media......

I can guarantee that......

As to the vacation.......it looks like your BA is the one that didn’t read the proposal. Sounds like he was just being a cheerleader for Ernie and gang, ........and took it for granted that such a divisive issue such as vacations would be restored back the way they should’ve been.

If that was the case,.......I’d point out to that BA that you’ve all just learned a lesson in your Local........
That the guy you voted in and trusted to transmit proper information to the rank-and-file.......is lousy at his job.....

And you will remember that next Local election.

Now that we have shot ourselves in the foot, find a doctor who will sign off on you being sick for a week. A return to work slip by the doctor can work wonders for the blue flu & help reduce the pain while on a unpaid vacation. If you need to mark off, mark off. Just cover your but with a slip. And when calling in, record the call & do it on your cell phone. You can then prove you did call in. Management can & has forgotten call ins. von.

All employees call in sick and watch them change their minds.
True story. My bid started @ 3:30 pm. I called in on Friday @ 2 am for the Labor Day Holiday. Upon return on Tuesday, my supervisor in a sarcastic way asked me how I new 14 hours in advance I would be sick. And in the most polite tone of voice, I told him 1 word was his answer, 'psychic'. He did not like my answer, but, he never asked that question again. von.

I voted no and I read the contract and went to the meeting and asked the question about the vacation and was told by my rep that we were going to get our vacation and that is why so many voted for it.
If a single week of vacation is enough to gain their vote, maybe they need to expect more. You know. In the face of an historic driver shortage, where every company is increasing their pay.

True story. My bid started @ 3:30 pm. I called in on Friday @ 2 am for the Labor Day Holiday. Upon return on Tuesday, my supervisor in a sarcastic way asked me how I new 14 hours in advance I would be sick. And in the most polite tone of voice, I told him 1 word was his answer, 'psychic'. He did not like my answer, but, he never asked that question again. von.
As I remember these days are sick/personal days. No excuse needed. Use as seen fit or needed. I don't explain to anyone when I take one. I still have five left. If I don't use them for actually being sick throughout the year I reward myself with five 3 day weekends in a row. They never questioned it. Never.

If a single week of vacation is enough to gain their vote, maybe they need to expect more. You know. In the face of an historic driver shortage, where every company is increasing their pay.
It is a sad state that people don't look at the future and plan accordingly. They don't understand what this vote means in the future and are too afraid to strike. The threat scares them.

As I remember these days are sick/personal days. No excuse needed. Use as seen fit or needed. I don't explain to anyone when I take one. I still have five left. If I don't use them for actually being sick throughout the year I reward myself with five 3 day weekends in a row. They never questioned it. Never.
You are correct. After the 5 days are used up then a excuse is not mandatory but it will count against you in possible days off or termination. If you or any family member has a chronic problem, go FMLA. Lear how to use it. Know the law. von.

You are correct. After the 5 days are used up then a excuse is not mandatory but it will count against you in possible days off or termination. If you or any family member has a chronic problem, go FMLA. Lear how to use it. Know the law. von.
This is why I hold onto those days like cash in the bank. If I need it I can draw on it.
If I don't. I can spend it freely!
:1036316054:
(I love these forums. Some sense is made without argument. Others... Well... Aren't.)

For those that say, i read, we were told? You didnt read anythibg but the updates. And yes you are getting vacation back..true.. suckered.... weak union leadership, weak members..sorry, gotta be willing to fight.

Same could

Same could be said about posting on back pay being retroactive & knowing when the contract goes in effect.... Get with it!
As i stated before, the issue of back pay is not guaranteed in every contract. They are negotiated intending on the dates on the contract. I know for a fact that the issue of back pay was discussed in the past 30 days, and was also negotiated to only include july, not back to april. In the future, we all should demand every day of back pay in future contracts. I can 1 better it, union was told in negotiations recently that the bonus wouls suffice vs back pay. It rattled them thus the agreement to july1. Not a cut and dry issue as you think. But i guess the roundtable told you that.

As i stated before, the issue of back pay is not guaranteed in every contract. They are negotiated intending on the dates on the contract. I know for a fact that the issue of back pay was discussed in the past 30 days, and was also negotiated to only include july, not back to april. In the future, we all should demand every day of back pay in future contracts. I can 1 better it, union was told in negotiations recently that the bonus wouls suffice vs back pay. It rattled them thus the agreement to july1. Not a cut and dry issue as you think. But i guess the roundtable told you that.
You know where I get my info from & it’s not roundtable. Why would you not think it would be July 1st when all the money they robbed off us last contract was given back over the past 4 years on 7/1....

Funny thing it is, they take it same year, and we have to work another or more to pick up what was lost. **** the BA*s that fed is the lies

You have no isea what you’re talking about....
a