ABF | Blue flu

As I remember these days are sick/personal days. No excuse needed. Use as seen fit or needed. I don't explain to anyone when I take one. I still have five left. If I don't use them for actually being sick throughout the year I reward myself with five 3 day weekends in a row. They never questioned it. Never.
I did the same thing, mystic. Used my sick/personal days as ‘vacation’ days. Made 3-day weekends out of them, or burned one the day after they pissed me off so bad I couldn’t see straight. If you can’t ‘see straight’, you can’t drive. You get the idea!

I did the same thing, mystic. Used my sick/personal days as ‘vacation’ days. Made 3-day weekends out of them, or burned one the day after they pissed me off so bad I couldn’t see straight. If you can’t ‘see straight’, you can’t drive. You get the idea!
Money in the bank if you can resist. I still have five. Won't use em till the end of the year. Start around November. Take them around the holidays and you can pretty well get a couple vacation weeks out of it.
:1036316054:

We need a blue flu to get our vacation back. They lied about giving our vacation back now we need to stand up
It's a simple math problem. You lost 1 week vacation for each year you were employed (as a regular) under the 2013-2018 contract. You did not get vacation the day you were hired. You had to EARN it. If you were hired after 2013 it took 2 years. After you have earned your first vacation, you can collect on the following ones on the 60% rule in the Southern Supplement. That's after you get 157 compensated days. Simply put, the number of years you worked under the 2013-2018 ABF NMFA is the number of weeks vacation you lost. If you hired in the last year, and your working on your second year you should be able to take one of the 2 weeks you are now earning on the 60% rule if you have reached your anniversary date. 60% rule does not apply your first year.
I was employed 2 yrs before the last contract. I got 2 weeks that I EARNED in 2012. I have lost 5 weeks. I'll have 3 weeks next year with a week available Feb 15th 2019 on the 60% rule and sick/personal days reset Jan 1. If you do the math and you lost more weeks than years you worked under the last contract, or you have worked over 157 (compensated days) past your original hire date (your into your 2nd year) and your not allowed a 60% rule vacation, you have a grievance. Keep in mind a 60% vacation is like borrowing a week your earning and it's not allowed your first year of employment. Compensated days are days you actually worked or collected holiday or sick/personal pay or even work around pay as I understand it. You don't count your off days. Hope this helps.

It's a simple math problem. You lost 1 week vacation for each year you were employed (as a regular) under the 2013-2018 contract. You did not get vacation the day you were hired. You had to EARN it. If you were hired after 2013 it took 2 years. After you have earned your first vacation, you can collect on the following ones on the 60% rule in the Southern Supplement. That's after you get 157 compensated days. Simply put, the number of years you worked under the 2013-2018 ABF NMFA is the number of weeks vacation you lost. If you hired in the last year, and your working on your second year you should be able to take one of the 2 weeks you are now earning on the 60% rule if you have reached your anniversary date. 60% rule does not apply your first year.
I was employed 2 yrs before the last contract. I got 2 weeks that I EARNED in 2012. I have lost 5 weeks. I'll have 3 weeks next year with a week available Feb 15th 2019 on the 60% rule and sick/personal days reset Jan 1. If you do the math and you lost more weeks than years you worked under the last contract, or you have worked over 157 (compensated days) past your original hire date (your into your 2nd year) and your not allowed a 60% rule vacation, you have a grievance. Keep in mind a 60% vacation is like borrowing a week your earning and it's not allowed your first year of employment. Compensated days are days you actually worked or collected holiday or sick/personal pay or even work around pay as I understand it. You don't count your off days. Hope this helps.
For most it was already earned, they took & the union let them! Weeks vacation should have came back 7/1....

For most it was already earned, they took & the union let them! Weeks vacation should have came back 7/1....
If you have earned vacation you should collect it. You can't collect the lost weeks, blue flu will just lose you more money, that casuals or contractors will collect, but if you wanna give er' a whirl....good luck with that

If you have earned vacation you should collect it. You can't collect the lost weeks, blue flu will just lose you more money, that casuals or contractors will collect, but if you wanna give er' a whirl....good luck with that
My point is that anyone who lost a weeks vacation last contract should have got it back 7/1 not on your anniversary date....

For a road driver the 60% rule is 188 tours. The math is 6 days a week X 52 weeks X.60 = 187.2 rounded to 188 payed days. But most of us refer to it as tours in ABF linehaul vernacular.

Totally nothing more then a company seed....