FedEx Freight | bluetooth?

Bluetooth

anyone know of a good one to get?
some say they are a waste of money in a big truck, too much background noise..
I use a Platronics PT510 it works just fine in my big White "National" truck with Red and Blue racing stripes. It has it's own volume plus the phones volume too. Sometimes I even have to turn it down. Good Luck !!! By the way you can pick them up on eBay for about 25.00.:smilie_132:

I tried a couple of Motorolas, but they had way too much background noise. My wife complained about the noise of the windshield wipers in my car on one set.
I use a "Jawbone", it is built to military specs and has noise cancelling technology built in.
It comes with 4 changeable earbuds and 4 ear hooks, 2 right, 2 left. It works real well for me. I hear no excess noise complaints from the other end. You can get it at AT&T wireless stores or order online. Now the bad news, $120 1 year warranty :1036316054:

I also use the Jawbone. I got the black version. The noise cancellation works flawlessly but it is still prone to direct wind noise. You can get them online for about 75.00-119.00
JawBone ...check out the demo.

ALSO:

Plantronics Voyager™ 510 Bluetooth® Headset Rated pretty high among the Bluetooths. You can get this for around 45-50.00 now. Do a search for user reviews.

Whichever you decide, if it doesn't offer noise cancellation, it's not worth it in a truck or any loud environment.

I have a Jabra BT250v, it's a behind the ear design with replaceable different sized gel inserts that go in your ear. I've had it for 2 years and it was the only one I tried that had good enough noise canceling for the KW I was driving and that I could hear.

They also have great customer service. I found a cheap 12v plug on clearance at my local wireless store that would fit the charging cradle for it. I called Jabra wanting to buy a second charging cradle for it. After I explained that I wanted to have one at home and one to bring with me they sent me one FREE of charge.

Jabra, wireless and corded headsets for office-based and contact centre professionals, Bluetooth headsets and mobile music accessories

or

Amazon.com link

roog

I tried a couple of Motorolas, but they had way too much background noise. My wife complained about the noise of the windshield wipers in my car on one set.
I use a "Jawbone", it is built to military specs and has noise cancelling technology built in.
It comes with 4 changeable earbuds and 4 ear hooks, 2 right, 2 left. It works real well for me. I hear no excess noise complaints from the other end. You can get it at AT&T wireless stores or order online. Now the bad news, $120 1 year warranty :1036316054:

I also use a Jawbone, The volume is loud and clear, Long battery life, and it is very comfortable to wear for extended periods. Tried the Motorolas as well, they are not suited for a truck.

I dont have details yet but heard drivers on my way down 75 one night talking about some new blue tooth exclusively for trucks and someone had purchased one and says it was great the only bad part was it was a couple bucks or more but was latest technology to combat all the road and cab noise. I will continue to get more inf and pass it along

I dont have details yet but heard drivers on my way down 75 one night talking about some new blue tooth exclusively for trucks and someone had purchased one and says it was great the only bad part was it was a couple bucks or more but was latest technology to combat all the road and cab noise. I will continue to get more inf and pass it along

I think your talking about the BlueParrott headsets:

New BlueParrott Roadwarrior B150-TK Wireless Bluetooth Cell Phone Headset for Truck Drivers

BlueParrott B10 Headset

If you search, the price is pretty comparable with the competition. I would definitely get one of these for the trucks while using my Jawbone in my personal car and home.

I have tried them all and Logitech blows them all away! Check out the Logitech mobile traveller, I have recomended it to everyone at my barn and in fact I get them on the internet and sell them. They retail for $79.99 but check ebay, you can get one for about $25 after shipping. I have picked up a few motorola and plantronics for a couple people as well and a couple of them came back and bought a Logitech. One of our linehaul drivers was using a jawbone he paid over $100 for it and he bought a Logitech from me after he talked to some of the other drivers.

I have tried them all and Logitech blows them all away! Check out the Logitech mobile traveller, I have recomended it to everyone at my barn and in fact I get them on the internet and sell them. They retail for $79.99 but check ebay, you can get one for about $25 after shipping. I have picked up a few motorola and plantronics for a couple people as well and a couple of them came back and bought a Logitech. One of our linehaul drivers was using a jawbone he paid over $100 for it and he bought a Logitech from me after he talked to some of the other drivers.

I don't know anything about them but here's a link for them from Tiger direct for 17 bucks

Logitech Mobile Traveller Bluetooth Headset 980399-0403 at TigerDirect.com

FM

i just bought one FM I will try it when it comes in total 23.48 with shipping

Here's one that is very informative, I also have the b150tk

THE BLUEPARROTT ROADWARRIOR B150-TK, CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!

I took a little trip to the local Pilot truck stop, purchased some gas, and tested the Roadwarrior. I walked around idling Big Rigs in the parking lot, and fuel islands. It was 90 in the sun and noisy motors, fans, and refrigeration units were super-loud. Eighty three dB in a few places. I probably looked like a DS, standing in front of roaring truck radiators with a cell in my right hand, and a SPL Meter in the other.
The results? AWESOME. AMAZING. I could hear and more importantly BE HEARD! The person on other end of the line could hear the truck but my voice was still in the foreground loud and clear.
Since I bought my Roadwarrior, I have held conversations while mowing a lawn, grinding metal, standing in the wind, also in a room full of people making all kinds of noise, hammering nails, and crushing beer cans with my forehead, etc.. I have tried everything except for a chainsaw, and I believe that you could probably hold a limited conversation while sawing logs.
BlueParrott Roadwarrior B150-TK is a wireless Bluetooth headset suitable for the trucking industry, but why stop there? A noisy warehouse, a restaurant kitchen, a pre-school, a car full of noisy brats, you name it, wherever you wish to hold a discrete conversation, this product is for you, whether you are a truck dodger or a dodgey truck driver. Nothing against truck drivers. After all it was professional drivers that *****ed enough to get the results we wanted.
Thank you DRIVERS.

BlueParrott B150 Bluetooth Headset Wireless Roadwarrior » Blueparrott Roadwarrior B150 Wireless Bluetooth Headset

FM

i just bought one FM I will try it when it comes in total 23.48 with shipping

Hey Jeff if you bought a logitech you wont be sorry. I bought a Motorola HS850 for $90 when I got my Razor and it worked well in my Tahoe and around the house. I took it to work and found it didnt get loud enough in my city unit, and got complaints from everyone on the other end that they could barely hear me as well. A driver told me he had a HS850 and had the same issues with it, he showed me the Logitech and told me that was the only way to go. I looked around and my service provider didn t carry them so I found one on the internet and was totaly blown away by the volume this thing has compared to others. I had a lot of drivers ask me about them so I bought a couple extra and sold them to a couple friends, neighbors and co workers. I've sold about 30 of them so far. I cant keep them in stock, I have 3 guys at work waiting for me to get more right now. I have also bought and sold a few Motorola's and Plantronics, like I said they arent bad around the house or in a family car and they are a lot more expensive too.

I'm using a Blueparrott B150 Roadwarrior. Had it almost 2 years. If the over the head design is acceptable to you it's the best. I can stand outside the truck open the hood with the engine running and you won't know it. My wife uses a Plantronics 510 and it does well but I hear some static especially when she answers. Just bought a Jabra 250 for a backup. I have gotten good comments on that one. The Motorolas are junk in a truck.