Boise ID

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Freight Line' started by Dirty Bob, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Dirty Bob

Dirty Bob New Member

Im looking for some information on our Boise terminal. I run linehaul in the midwest right now and I'm looking to move in the next few years. How are the runs out there? Is it mostly meeting BLG, SEA/PDX, and SLC? Is everything triples up there?
    I know we have some guys from the PNW on here and I've read enough about goats and freakin' lawnmowers to last me a life time so any info would help.
    Thanks.
    I'm more of a weedwacker type a guy anyways.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    Aladdin Sane and Frootloop like this.
  2. BillyLo

BillyLo Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion

Best be good at chaining kid.

Songremainsthesame likes this.
  3. Itsalongroad

Itsalongroad New Member

You got that right! Back when I was an item o/o I did a 2 year run from Portland to Boston. Your gonna got real good at hangin iron! Lol

BillyLo likes this.
  4. BillyLo

Boi you fix your own iron also for free. 84 burns up their stock of new Iron quick. That terminal well known to have biggest complaining drivers in region

5. Dirty Bob

Dirty Bob New Member

I understand that. We definitely have a few that will find anything to piss and moan about. To the point where we have drivers that will look at there manifest and complain about where certain freight is.

6. bullwagon

bullwagon Well-Known Member

You will be going to HER, Hermiston Oregon, for a long time, chaining is right, on a bad night you can chain 4 or more times a night. Run 100's of miles on chains. Going West they do a MEO meet in the middle of nowhere of Oregon, they have a few SLC meets in Mountain Home Idaho to HER, meet SEA, PDX, SPK in HER, also a PAS terminal turn. Going East they do SLC meets at Snowville Utah, Tremonton Utah and a double Twin Falls Idaho. On occasion you would run into the TWF, Twin Falls Idaho, and POI, Pocatello Idaho, yards. They also do a Mill City Nevada meet with Reno, winter time it is Orovada Nevada. The Snowville meet is the only run under 500 miles. They do extra Ogden and SLC terminal turns but no bids. Washington state is the only place you will not run triples. And did I say you would do a lot of chaining? The blue Mountains my friend, Ontario Oregon to Hermiston Oregon is its own little weather world, and LOTS of ice into PDX as well, you will get use to freezing fog, fog, wind, freezing rain, rain, snow, blizzards, hell and heaven all in one trip. But the summer time is a breeze!

slinky and Freightsup like this.
  7. BillyLo

I hear this terminal really pushing their guys on that snow

8. seabreeze

seabreeze Not Well Known Member, 60 Year Teamster Member

Thanks for your encouragement Bull, you probably just lost OD another driver.
    BTW, I just withdrew my application!

BillyLo likes this.
  9. BillyLo

Ain’t anything you haven’t seen before old timer, Boise really needs some experienced hands. All they been putting in them line trucks are kids off the dock and it been keeping ODOT and wreckers busy,,

seabreeze likes this.
  10. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Active Member

Look at it this way, if you can survive a winter up here, then you can run just about anyplace anytime cuz your going to get everything ol man winer can throw at ya in one season. Also, they did not mention, winter start around the end of Oct and might last until June. I have thrown Iron in the beginning of June before then get a couple months break and it starts all over. Average is Nov thru apr. Best of luck

BillyLo likes this.
  11. seabreeze

PIE spoiled us on the East side, if we needed chains, called the dispatcher and had them send a mechanic while we
    sat on the clock.
    Never put on a set in 35 yrs, I would help those guys when the arrived.

BillyLo likes this.
  12. Songremainsthesame

Songremainsthesame Well-Known Member

I’ll pass... if that makes me a chicken then so be it.

Aladdin Sane and pltjack like this.
  13. seabreeze

Song, I'll share my "Panama Hat" title with you and stay in the Southland.