ODFL | Boise Idaho OD Terminal

slipnfall

TB Lurker
Credits
:smilie_132: Hi everyone,

Great info, any one tell me about the terminal here in Boise?

I am taking a cdl course through BSU and would like to hire on with OD when done, company web site says they are hiring for Boise drivers.

How likely is it that a newb can get hired on out of school?

Thanks for your help...:hide: :TR10driving03:

slipnfall welcome to trucking boards.:smilie_132: Good to have you with us. I'm sure some our OD members will be along to give you some info in a while.:1036316054:

well i dont know much about the boise terminal. but to answer your question on just being out of driving school you have a good chance i was hired right out of driving school in august.

I was basically hired right after school. Went with another company for two weeks but when they succeeded in maxing out my "lie-o-meter" I applied with OD and never looked back. Glad I made that switch.

yeah i hired with od outta school, i also went to conway and i didint like them from what i gathered they do u dirty as a new hire they wanted me to work 2nd shift possibly a dock worker and crap i didint like the sound of that i went to od and they offered me a better schedual as a city driver. if ur not happy with od after you gained the experience u can always go to another company.

I am about done with my cdl course, test out next thursday and have been asking about Old Dominion in Boise Idaho.

The local paper has an add out for Old Dominion looking for a p&d driver with one year experience.

I am going to apply in person anyway since I have no exp.

What are my chances?

Have a clean mvr for the last 5 years, no dui's or felonies, have my doubles/tripples and did the hazmat testing, fingerprinting and backgroud, all done. Zero exp.

Also the terminal is small, any word if it will grow?

Thank you for your input.

Have a clean mvr for the last 5 years, no dui's or felonies, have my doubles/tripples and did the hazmat testing, fingerprinting and backgroud, all done. Zero exp.

You speak well of yourself. You should do well during the interview process. You just have to convince whoever that you aren't going to go out on a city run and cause accidents. With everybody being sue happy these days there is a cause for concern.

Btw, it seems that you have learned rule number one for being a professional driver. That is, to protect your license. It will be your livelyhood and can mean the difference between a high paying job and a low paying one. Or none at all.

Good luck to you..