FedEx Freight | Bonus checks

Which, more often than not, benefits her (too), by funding surprises... of one sort or another. The art of the win/win deal. :omg i gets present by droneguard 1:
:27:
Back in the good old days, the real freight company days, the Viking days when bonus checks were huge and often...
The checks were separate. Even if you had direct deposit on your paycheck, you could receive your bonus check as a separate check that was not direct deposit. A lot of drivers had their own little discretionary fund, except it wasn’t little. Fast forward several years. To save processing costs, no more separate live bonus checks if you had direct deposit. A lot of guys had some explaining to do.
Honey, what is this VPEP thing on your check?
How many years have you been getting this?
I’M JUST NOW FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS??

Back in the good old days, the real freight company days, the Viking days when bonus checks were huge and often...
The checks were separate. Even if you had direct deposit on your paycheck, you could receive your bonus check as a separate check that was not direct deposit. A lot of drivers had their own little discretionary fund, except it wasn’t little. Fast forward several years. To save processing costs, no more separate live bonus checks if you had direct deposit. A lot of guys had some explaining to do.
Honey, what is this VPEP thing on your check?
How many years have you been getting this?
I’M JUST NOW FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS??
Waaaay back in the AF days ours worked the same way...now the only way to keep the bonus a secret is to not have direct deposit.

We used to tell the other halves, “oh honey, that’s a new program they just started. Nice ain’t it??”...never mind the new golf clubs!! :1036316054:

If you have to hide money from your spouse you have a marriage problem
I guess if you HAVE to, but no one said they had to. :scratchhead:

Since we're getting into marriage counselling, the same could be said for just about anything. If you have to hide anything from your wife (or she from you), YOU may have problem.

Marriage is a funny thing. As a wise man once said, and it applies to every topic, "there's an ass for every seat, and a seat for every ass".

I guess if you HAVE to, but no one said they had to. :scratchhead:

Since we're getting into marriage counselling, the same could be said for just about anything. If you have to hide anything from your wife (or she from you), YOU may have problem.

Marriage is a funny thing. As a wise man once said, and it applies to every topic, "there's an ass for every seat, and a seat for every ass".
Agreed....it’s not that we had to hide anything, we just did.

I can’t speak for others but my wife got the better end of the deal anyways...while my bonus was/is in the measly 3 digit range, her bonus was/is in the 5 digit range!!