FedEx Freight | Bonus

one who waits

TB Lurker
Credits
Just when are we gonna get our bonus? I keep hearing things but never a word as to when! Is this yet again a promise that don't deliver "the purple promise" to us?

Before we were told it pays the last pay period of July. I don't remember when it was deposited last year

Correct, the fiscal year ends in May, bonus (mostly based on FedEx Freight OR with a little side of FedEx Corporate earnings growth) is announced mid/late June and paid in July

My guess is, you are looking at 1.5 - 2% of last years earnings, pretty decent for free money

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't FX move the end of the Fiscal Year to October last spring/summer hence all the talk of Prorated Bonuses and such last summer and the same with our previous raise or am I getting the 2 confused.

Racer

Profit went from 33 million to 65 million compairing the last 2 quarters so we are going in right direction.

Yea, it's pretty easy to do that too when you sit a few guys at the house on a Friday night and send a record amount of rails (10) down Saturday morning to the hub! Bravo FXF

Correct, the fiscal year ends in May, bonus (mostly based on FedEx Freight OR with a little side of FedEx Corporate earnings growth) is announced mid/late June and paid in July

My guess is, you are looking at 1.5 - 2% of last years earnings, pretty decent for free money
With the money this company has made, 2% would be an insult. I would hope they are not that stupid.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't FX move the end of the Fiscal Year to October last spring/summer hence all the talk of Prorated Bonuses and such last summer and the same with our previous raise or am I getting the 2 confused.

Racer
The rest of the FedEx opco's give their raises

Racer
The rest of the FedEx opco's give their raises in October, so they changed our raise date to be inline with the rest of the company. The corporate fiscal year still remains June 1 through May 31

Bonus checks are also taxed at a higher rate than a payroll check.
I am quite sure Pipes that the tax is higher because your weekly gross went way up. Has nothing to do with a bonus check. We just had the same thing here at YRC last week. The tax tables work in the governments favor, the more you make, the higher the tax. Just sayin'.

The rest of the FedEx opco's give their raises

The rest of the FedEx opco's give their raises in October, so they changed our raise date to be inline with the rest of the company. The corporate fiscal year still remains June 1 through May 31

Which they gave the same reason when they moved the raises before!! We used to get our raises in March then they moved them to June and now they moved them to October and they used the same excuse (to be in line with the other opco's) which something doesn't add up with that.

Let's not forget, the annual raise used to occur in March (April ?), then it was moved to June to coincide with the fiscal year. Last year it was moved to October to coincide with the other op-cos. Next (perhaps?) it will move to January, to coincide with the calender year... The only real deterrent for that, is the fact that the insurance "adjustment" also occurs in January,making the true bottom line (gain/loss) all too obvious, IMHO.

Last edited: