XPO | Bonus

Bluestrap

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard we did good in xde .We get 6% of yeArly gross.We should see around $3500 before taxes.Im just wondering when?

I heard we did good in xde .We get 6% of yeArly gross.We should see around $3500 before taxes.Im just wondering when?
Think somebody didn't explain the math very well. Sounds like you hit 106% of your target. That would mean base bonus would be 1.25% of yearly gross with a 6% modifier. Example, gross pay $50,000. 50000X.0125=625, 625X.06=37.50, 625+37.50=662.50 total bonus

The bonus system is broken. It doesn't even mean anything to most. They change the numbers to get the results they want. And we have zero impact on any of it.

What they should do is reward drivers for safety. Accident and injury free ? $250 a quarter. Possible $1000 a year. Now that is motivation. And don't just give it to us cash so that the government takes it all anyway. Give it to us in our HSA or 401K so that we get all of it pretax.

The bonus system is broken. It doesn't even mean anything to most. They change the numbers to get the results they want. And we have zero impact on any of it.

What they should do is reward drivers for safety. Accident and injury free ? $250 a quarter. Possible $1000 a year. Now that is motivation. And don't just give it to us cash so that the government takes it all anyway. Give it to us in our HSA or 401K so that we get all of it pretax.

Again another great post. I agree.

It irritates me that we do a safety bingo that those that don't drive or take risks , participate in. You can win a $25 gift card so it's no big deal.

If a driver has a preventable accident , no ball gets drawn that week. If someone gets a paper cut in the office nobody cares. Oh well.

The bonus system is broken. It doesn't even mean anything to most .
the bonus of a couple of hundred dollars is nice but in my opinion the amount is not worth how much the company goes on and on about ebitda and "this month we need you guys to get us more tonnage" and then next month they need to reduce heavy shipments of less revenue and go after more profitable freight or making sure we add on appropriate accessorials because that goes straight to the companies bottom line and into your bonuses. I'd give up those few hundred dollars they use as a carrot on a stick if I never had to hear any of that again

Just do these things because it's part of our job without all the promises of what you may or may not get at the end of the year

It irritates me that we do a safety bingo that those that don't drive or take risks , participate in. You can win a $25 gift card so it's no big deal.

If a driver has a preventable accident , no ball gets drawn that week. If someone gets a paper cut in the office nobody cares. Oh well.
I never heard of Saftey Bingo. Is that at other barns?

Safety bingo???? What are we in first grade. Just another example of what they think of us. I'm going to suggest pin the tail on the donkey bonus game.....this is unreal.:duh:

Last edited:

This is why soooo many drivers are **** off. All the free givemes and BS games are going away.
I never work for a company that gave so many freebies to there employees. At my barn its free gloves, water, donuts and hotdogs every Friday, popcorn if there was an accident. Last I check none of these thing pay my bills. I GI to work to make money not get free ::shit::.