FedEx Freight | Bonuses

Also I just seen a posting for full time dock worker at the HOU hub. If I was to apply would I lose my driver pay? The hub is 10 miles from my house. Verse 55 miles to Hobby.

Also I just seen a posting for full time dock worker at the HOU hub. If I was to apply would I lose my driver pay? The hub is 10 miles from my house. Verse 55 miles to Hobby.
You probably would since your transferring to a dock worker. It would be the same as a city driver transferring to a road driver. You would get road pay and not city.

So we might be getting a bonus.

Yay!! Congratulations!! Your the winner of the 2016 "dumbass comment" of the year award :732:

Seriously man? Why on Gods green earth would you think FedEx would agree to pay you City/Road hourly pay to have you assume a full time dock job?? Shouldn't you be out campaigning for Bernie today? :wtflol:

I seem to recall, from your "transfer" thread, you WANT to eventually get road at HOU. Since all road positions are filled by those already domiciled there, your only hope may be to transfer in. Full time dock will get you into that location, and save you roughly 2 hours commute/day. You would step down to dock pay, but presumably not entry level dock, but instead "top dock scale".

You need to find out from H/R. Also make sure whether or not, after becoming "dock", you'll be equally qualified for that road position, when it becomes available. If not, you'll need to wait for a city driver position to open up... In your situation, I would have H/R on speed dial, they should have the answers, or at least be able to get them.

Last edited:
You probably would since your transferring to a dock worker. It would be the same as a city driver transferring to a road driver. You would get road pay and not city.

You are likely correct on expecting dock pay, but the city to road analogy doesn't apply. All drivers (with equal tenure) at a given domicile get paid the same for performing the same task. Mileage and task pay (fuel/drop/hook) for line haul, hourly for dock/city duties, etc. THE ONLY difference (and it's a big one), is the vacation benefit. The road driver enjoys a far superior vacation pay benefit.

Man swampratt you a good dude. I appreciate your knowledge and understanding my situation. I will contact h/r, do you know there number. If not that's ok. I just can't take to much of a pay cut. Last week was the first time since I been at Fedex that I ran the whole week. If I can just get one run a week it would justify my commute, even though it still sucks. Thanks

Yay!! Congratulations!! Your the winner of the 2016 "dumbass comment" of the year award :732:

Seriously man? Why on Gods green earth would you think FedEx would agree to pay you City/Road hourly pay to have you assume a full time dock job?? Shouldn't you be out campaigning for Bernie today? :wtflol:
Dude you don't know my deal. I come to this forum for info. So ok if that's a dumb question so be it. And I'm a Trump supporter.

anyone dumb enough to drink the kool aid just got b***h slapped, the rest of us predicted it

Well quite honestly from a business perspective can u blame them??? The majority of the rank and file rolled over and played dead when they were given a chance to join the big U and the company knew then when the smoke cleared that they were given a mandate so to speak.
Mind u I'm not really a big U supporter but there was certainly a danger in letting the company know that the masses were behind corporate as long as they let the leash out a little which in fact they did, but surely a intelligent guy could see that wouldn't last forever. So yes, I predicted that as well. That being said, it sure has been enjoyable knowing the Gestapo faction of the group has been on a short leash at least for now.
However in the purple koolaid drinkers defense, theres really no telling where we would be had the U been successful in representing us.
With regard to bonuses and pay raises, at this point its only conjecture and hyperbole, but the silence from corporate sure speaks volume IMO.
Maybe Hillary will win and everything will get flushed down the drain anyway..

Last edited: