FedEx Freight | Bonuses

The bonus attainment number may or may not be reached but I would not count it out just yet. I think the company, taken as a whole, is going to post good numbers year over year. Most likely Ground leading the pack again with great growth attributed to e-commerce. Followed by Express with mixed but improved revenue. Freight will be either flat or slightly down. Fuel surcharge has been effecting us for awhile so I expect us to be down when coupled with an election year slow down and uncertain economy weighing in.

The bonus attainment number may or may not be reached but I would not count it out just yet. I think the company, taken as a whole, is going to post good numbers year over year. Most likely Ground leading the pack again with great growth attributed to e-commerce. Followed by Express with mixed but improved revenue. Freight will be either flat or slightly down. Fuel surcharge has been effecting us for awhile so I expect us to be down when coupled with an election year slow down and uncertain economy weighing in.
I hate to be the one to point this out, but under the simplified criteria for our bonus payout, the basis for qualification is strictly FXFE metrics.

FREIGHT must post a 5% operating margin (O/M) for the 2 quarter reporting period. I seem to recall the need for us to post at or near a 6% O/M in this past quarter, for a pay-out to occur.

While Coporate posted record gains (analysts expect), Freight was fairly flat, as noted...

Last edited:
Is it time to feel sorry for ourselves and hate the company yet? I need to know when it's time to whine like a little puppy and claim that the big dogs ***** me....

Is it time to feel sorry for ourselves and hate the company yet? I need to know when it's time to whine like a little puppy and claim that the big dogs ***** me....

Are you retarded?? I don't see anyone whining about getting bonuses. Simply mentioning not hearing of one does not constitute an uprising you big dope

E24ziQV.jpg

You're next, Lube.
You sure got a purdy mouth....

I discovered this tidbit yesterday so I am lowering my optimistic outlook at this time. "FedEx Freight, which happens to be the company’s fastest-growing segment, also had a dismal fiscal 4Q16. Any headwinds associated with the US manufacturing industry should affect FedEx’s Freight segment."

Anyone curious what the number should be?

Remember, these are the guidelines:
RoUkXAt.jpg

While this last (4th) quarter was pretty good/fair, we have to take into account the previous 3rd quarter which was down 16% year over year.

Based on combined 3rd & 4th quarter results, we ran a margin of 6.3%. This equates to a payout of 1.455% of eligible earnings during the reporting period.

Source: http://investors.fedex.com/financial-information/quarterly-results/default.aspx

I hate to be the one to point this out, but under the simplified criteria for our bonus payout, the basis for qualification is strictly FXFE metrics.

FREIGHT must post a 5% operating margin (O/M) for the 2 quarter reporting period. I seem to recall the need for us to post at or near a 6% O/M in this past quarter, for a pay-out to occur.

While Coporate posted record gains (analysts expect), Freight was fairly flat, as noted...
I recently discovered the FedEx bundle strategy. At large volume shippers express and freight get bundled together with big discounts on freight charges. To keep the business with fedex, freight essentially works for free with the higher profit going through express. Wouldn't that impact your bonus at freight?