FedEx Freight | Bonuses

Let's be real folks...if the bonus was $10,000 each, we'd all complain because it wasn't enough. It's never enough. We all deserve more. So how do we get the customers to pay more?

You were dying to say that weren't you? No where in his post did he say anything about we deserve a 10,000 dollar bonus.

Let's be real folks...if the bonus was $10,000 each, we'd all complain because it wasn't enough. It's never enough. We all deserve more. So how do we get the customers to pay more?

We could start by eliminating the
I like the guys that complained about the $20 incentive a few years back....if they saw $20 on the ground would they have just kept walking??

Sorry Red, but that comment was lame. Mostly everyone here knows that payout was insulting and that my friend is the bottom line. Me personally, I would have preferred 0 as opposed to that slap in the puss

I recently discovered the FedEx bundle strategy. At large volume shippers express and freight get bundled together with big discounts on freight charges. To keep the business with fedex, freight essentially works for free with the higher profit going through express. Wouldn't that impact your bonus at freight?

That situation would impact the bonus, if it worked that way. Since each op-co is operated as a separate company, they won't show a loss at one, to benefit the other. That margin is the ultimate score of success, for each individual segment. More likely the bundle discount is either split between the companies. In a case like you describe, the "loss" (on paper) would be credited back under “Intercompany charges”, "intersegment Transactions", or similar entries in the reports, IMHO.

We could start by eliminating the

Sorry Red, but that comment was lame. Mostly everyone here knows that payout was insulting and that my friend is the bottom line. Me personally, I would have preferred 0 as opposed to that slap in the puss
I usually enjoy your post Lube but I'll have to disagree with this one...I'm an optimist (glass half full kinda guy) and I realize that even in a down year(s), such as the case in this instance, we were still able to get the incentive, albeit not much, when most companies were not giving anything while others were taking concessions. I'll agree that $20 isn't much but again, if you saw $20 on the street would you pick it up??
I know I would!!

Why wouldn't they??

I like how you and the clown club say something, then when confronted about it do the moonwalk.

Negotiators at EPH begin next week, so that's at about 380 and counting. The only sad part is that the guys at those centers won't be getting any raises or bonuses or anything else because now everything is frozen. It's a shame that at both centers there is a majority who don't want the union and will end up losing money that they will never recover.