FedEx Freight | Bonuses

I actually DON'T think they have the right to CUT anything from the 4, exclusively. That would be considered retaliation or punitive action. Punishment, if you will. They could deny increases or added benefits, but not cut. If they try to, as you suggest, it would likely be reversed, IMHO.
Just messing with you Swamp since your the only one I actually respect on that side of the fence. I would like to ask you one question before I fade away. In what year do you think this will all be resolved and you guys can get back to doing what you should be doing which is focusing on being the best LTL company you can be? You do realize when people bite off more than they can chew most the time they get choked. What year? Just take a guess.

Just messing with you Swamp since your the only one I actually respect on that side of the fence. I would like to ask you one question before I fade away. In what year do you think this will all be resolved and you guys can get back to doing what you should be doing which is focusing on being the best LTL company you can be? You do realize when people bite off more than they can chew most the time they get choked. What year? Just take a guess.
Thanks Train.

You're not asking for much, are you? :poke:Since I'm not on any negotiating committee, and we don't know "exactly" what may be coming down the pike, I'm not really in any position to predict the timeline. Sorry, but just too many variables, as well as decisions that I have no control over.

The Company has the ability to move opinion, as they have done at many locations, and in general. I think there are internal conflicts as to how much should be done. That conflict directly effects the length of time, as well as focus paid to the subject. I also think, if the sentiment in the workforce changes, there will likely be more/less improvements made depending on how any shift is perceived. This is now a part of many a (management) job description, where it did not use to be.

Meanwhile customers enjoy the premier service they've come to rely on.

Having said all that, the topic will likely persist for quite some time, despite the predictions of some.

I don't think either side bit off more than they could chew, as you say. Much to the contrary. Question for you (briefly),Train: which side would you contend bit off enough to (figuratively) choke on?

Thanks Train.

You're not asking for much, are you? :poke:Since I'm not on any negotiating committee, and we don't know "exactly" what may be coming down the pike, I'm not really in any position to predict the timeline. Sorry, but just too many variables, as well as decisions that I have no control over.

The Company has the ability to move opinion, as they have done at many locations, and in general. I think there are internal conflicts as to how much should be done. That conflict directly effects the length of time, as well as focus paid to the subject. I also think, if the sentiment in the workforce changes, there will likely be more/less improvements made depending on how any shift is perceived. This is now a part of many a (management) job description, where it did not use to be.

Meanwhile customers enjoy the premier service they've come to rely on.

Having said all that, the topic will likely persist for quite some time, despite the predictions of some.

I don't think either side bit off more than they could chew, as you say. Much to the contrary. Question for you (briefly),Train: which side would you contend bit off enough to (figuratively) choke on?
IMO ... That would be the big U .. I tread lightly because this is not the proper thread. I also don't want CT to get his panties in a wad and start acting childish. I base my opinion on cash reserves in which enables you to chew your food more slowly and allows you hold out longer. It's pretty much a no brainer who has more cash. Money is power ... The power to buy time for one. And the power to retain the best legal minds in labor law. Time is the big U's worst enemy. Labor law is very tricky. It's not black and white as most contend. Sadly in today's world it not about what's right or wrong. It's not about even justice anymore. The winner is usually the one that has the most money. I think FedEx just needs more time to weed out the bad apples in both labor and management. They can afford to buy that time to get things right. In the big picture FedEx are the good guys despite what some may lead you to believe. They just need more time to get things right. Whatever FedEx may have done in regards to not making things totally fair I believe they are moving in the right direction to make things right. I believe that they have the money .. power .. and wisdom to get things right. They are a great company that will get this right if you will only give them a chance.

Last edited:
IMO ... That would be the big U .. I tread lightly because this is not the proper thread. I also don't want CT to get his panties in a wad and start acting childish. I base my opinion on cash reserves in which enables you to chew your food more slowly and allows you hold out longer. It's pretty much a no brainer who has more cash. Money is power ... The power to buy time for one. And the power to retain the best legal minds in labor law. Time is the big U's worst enemy. Labor law is very tricky. It's not black and white as most contend. Sadly in today's world it not about what's right or wrong. It's not about even justice anymore. The winner is usually the one that has the most money. I think FedEx just needs more time to weed out the bad apples in both labor and management. They can afford to buy that time to get things right. In the big picture FedEx are the good guys despite what some may lead you to believe. They just need more time to get things right.

No need to bring me in to this pops. Do you just copy and paste your posts? Same old song from the parot gang.

No need to bring me in to this pops. Do you just copy and paste your posts? Same old song from the parot gang.
CT I'm sure your a great guy. Probably a great neighbor and friend to many. I'm sure your a hard worker at FedEx and give them 100% ... So let me ask you something. Do you hate your company because they may have made some bad decisions? Do you give them any credit for doing some good things? Because it appears to me you are really hating the company that helps you support your family? You earn every dime you get and I'm certain of that. They don't give you anything because you work for what you get. Are you proud to wear that FedEx uniform? I know I would be. Help me to understand why you seem to be so angry at FedEx all the time. There are so many out there that give so much less.

CT I'm sure your a great guy. Probably a great neighbor and friend to many. I'm sure your a hard worker at FedEx and give them 100% ... So let me ask you something. Do you hate your company because they may have made some bad decisions? Do you give them any credit for doing some good things? Because it appears to me you are really hating the company that helps you support your family? You earn every dime you get and I'm certain of that. They don't give you anything because you work for what you get. Are you proud to wear that FedEx uniform? I know I would be. Help me to understand why you seem to be so angry at FedEx all the time. There are so many out there that give so much less.

For the 900th time who ever said i hate the company i work for?????????? I am all for the company to make the most profit we can and try to have the best OR in the game. Why you guys want to come on here and say people hate the company just because people want representation is beyond me. I work for the best i expect to have a fair compensation package along with rules that don't change on a whim. Pretty simple.

For the 900th time who ever said i hate the company i work for?????????? I am all for the company to make the most profit we can and try to have the best OR in the game. Why you guys want to come on here and say people hate the company just because people want representation is beyond me. I work for the best i expect to have a fair compensation package along with rules that don't change on a whim. Pretty simple.
But your so hateful and your tone is so bitter. But, OK ... I can accept that. You don't hate your company. But your sense of humor is almost non-existent and I can count the times you have sang company praise so maybe you can understand why many think you don't appreciate what you do have and perhaps have an unfavorable opinion of your company. You often hear that management never says anything when your doing a great job but they are all over you when you screw up. I will just leave it at that CT. Drive on and be safe .

Last edited:
But your so hateful and your tone is so bitter. But, OK ... I can accept that. You don't hate your company. But your sense of humor is almost non-existent and I can count the times you have sang company praise so maybe you can understand why many think you don't appreciate what you do have and perhaps have an unfavorable opinion of your company. You often hear that management never says anything when your doing a great job but they are all over you when you screw up. I will just leave it at that CT. Drive on and be safe .

Did you ever stop and think that your own hatred for a certain group clouds your judgement on others?

This is the best chat site on trucking boards! I love to come here for sheer entertainment value:). Remember 30-35 yrs ago when WTBS on Saturday night broadcast a show called world championship wrestling? Swamp is like Gordon Solie interviewing Rick Flair and his horsemen (red racer, sex pistol, John deer, train) vs Dusty Rhodes (crazy trucker). It's hilarious. Thx for the laughs. No, really

This is the best chat site on trucking boards! I love to come here for sheer entertainment value:). Remember 30-35 yrs ago when WTBS on Saturday night broadcast a show called world championship wrestling? Swamp is like Gordon Solie interviewing Rick Flair and his horsemen (red racer, sex pistol, John deer, train) vs Dusty Rhodes (crazy trucker). It's hilarious. Thx for the laughs. No, really
C'mon LTL, we're more like Chief Wahoo McDaniels, Jimmy "The Superfly" Snuka, Black Jack Mulligan, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA...oh wait, I'm showing my age!!!

I am a ups freight driver my question is why would you guys not want the same or better benefit package that i have or better you guys work for a good company why would you not want to turn it into a great company with top pay benefits and retirement

If we wanted the same deal you have, we'd go to work at your employer, oops, not hiring over there?

Go to another thread and I'll explain reality to you...

I am a ups freight driver my question is why would you guys not want the same or better benefit package that i have or better you guys work for a good company why would you not want to turn it into a great company with top pay benefits and retirement

As you can see most around here are settlers they just take crumbs and are happy to have those crumbs.

If we wanted the same deal you have, we'd go to work at your employer, oops, not hiring over there?

Go to another thread and I'll explain reality to you...
well i would not know if we are hiring look on the web page. I would hope you would want better than i have.Just in the medical package alone compare mine to yours hands down mine wins. And that is reality so please explain that to me!

You assume im not looking at the the whole but i assure you i am. An other part is retirement again hands down mine wins! This is an other small part of the equation