Boots

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
I know this has been discussed before, but I wanted some fresh answers.

My feet are killing me, to the point it drains my energy, being back on delivery, its really important for me to find some good 8" safety/steel/composite toe boots, I have tried every insert on the market, usually on the first day I put them in I feel pretty good but them on day 2 my feet are killing me again.

I have even thought about going to see a podiatrist about this, I have been through around 6 different pairs of boots in the last year and a half, I gotta find some relief.

Have any of you all had my problem? I'm willing to go buy a pair ya'll suggest if nothing else just to try them, we don't have a redwing dealer around here anymore, we can go through gellco but they have to order them, I hate to order boots, my size varies from 10 to 10.5 depending on the boot, and a half size makes a huge difference if its wrong, I would much rather try a pair on at the store and walk out with them knowing they fit and fit well, I will have to go out of town to do that with Redwing, which I may wind up doing here soon, but for now I need something ASAP.

Thanks in advance Brothers!

I say give up now and see the doctor. Shell out the cash and get the orthopedic inserts. With what we do it's well worth the cost and you write it off on your taxes of course.

I say give up now and see the doctor. Shell out the cash and get the orthopedic inserts. With what we do it's well worth the cost and you write it off on your taxes of course.

I have been through the inserts, or are you talking about some sort of special kind? For now I need some good boots, plus Sysco is threatening us with taking back our boot money if we don't turn in a reciept. They gave us 100 dollars, after taxes I got 64 and some change, when I asked would they pull 64 bucks or 100, I was told 100, so if I don't buy boots I just donated 36 dollars or so to the government.

I wear a size 12 but my feet are so dang wide I have to go up to a size 13 at least, I've had to go up to a size 15 once before I got a pair wide enough. With regular boots and shoes, I'll eventually stretch out the leather, but I can't stretch steel. I go to redwing because they are the only one that will last me a year, any other brand seems to wear out in a few months, and at that, redwing has to special order them.

Oh hey, one guy bought a pair of boots for over $100 to get the receipt to turn in, then he returned the boots and bought the cheap ones at walmart, but he had to buy several pair in a year, but I guess it maximized his reimbursement. The cheap boots at the box stores won't fit me.

Anyhow one year I waited too long to buy the boots, they want us to buy them between January and March for some reason. I was swapping between several pair of worn out boots and I developed a bone spur in my heel. After that happened, new boots didn't matter, oh God it hurt. Eventually I went to the foot doctor, and yeah it's special, they make a cast of your foot so the insert they make fits your foot and your foot only. Compared to that, any insert you buy in the store is junk. The custom insert will help with the foot pain as well as back pain. Also, if you are having foot pain, don't ever go barefoot, get a pair of crocs and put them at the side of the bed, slip into them when you get up and just never go barefoot.

I wear a size 12 but my feet are so dang wide I have to go up to a size 13 at least, I've had to go up to a size 15 once before I got a pair wide enough. With regular boots and shoes, I'll eventually stretch out the leather, but I can't stretch steel. I go to redwing because they are the only one that will last me a year, any other brand seems to wear out in a few months, and at that, redwing has to special order them.

Oh hey, one guy bought a pair of boots for over $100 to get the receipt to turn in, then he returned the boots and bought the cheap ones at walmart, but he had to buy several pair in a year, but I guess it maximized his reimbursement. The cheap boots at the box stores won't fit me.

Anyhow one year I waited too long to buy the boots, they want us to buy them between January and March for some reason. I was swapping between several pair of worn out boots and I developed a bone spur in my heel. After that happened, new boots didn't matter, oh God it hurt. Eventually I went to the foot doctor, and yeah it's special, they make a cast of your foot so the insert they make fits your foot and your foot only. Compared to that, any insert you buy in the store is junk. The custom insert will help with the foot pain as well as back pain. Also, if you are having foot pain, don't ever go barefoot, get a pair of crocs and put them at the side of the bed, slip into them when you get up and just never go barefoot.

I may go as soon as I can to the doc and have that done them, also when I'm barefoot at the house, thats the only time my feet don't hurt.

I might take a floater and go see the foot doctor, I gotta get rid of this pain, I look like I'm 80 yrs old when I get out of the truck at stops, by the time I get into the trailer, I'm back to normal, if you can call my feet killing me normal, but I walk a little better, even on shuttle, when I sat in the truck for a long spell, I would get out and it was like I was walking on rocks.

I use to have the same issue, there is some tendon that gives arch in feet that runs from the heel to the ball of the foot that gets tears in it, if it tears at the heel its a spur, at the ball its planta fasiaitis. I got a slip on elastic half sock, it was like a anklet that went from the arch to the ankle and had a cut-out for the heel and is thin enough for socks to go over, it gave really good arch support and helped alot. Like you I tried alot of inserts and I liked this because with all the movement a guys foot goes through it gave constant support. I think I got Walgreens in the foot dept. Boot wise I like the Timberland Titan Pros #26063 but the sole tends to crack on the boot that you lead with going up the ramp as they get older. Good Luck.

I may go as soon as I can to the doc and have that done them, also when I'm barefoot at the house, thats the only time my feet don't hurt.

I might take a floater and go see the foot doctor, I gotta get rid of this pain, I look like I'm 80 yrs old when I get out of the truck at stops, by the time I get into the trailer, I'm back to normal, if you can call my feet killing me normal, but I walk a little better, even on shuttle, when I sat in the truck for a long spell, I would get out and it was like I was walking on rocks.

Did you ever think it might not have anything to do with your feet. It might just be something as simple as you like sitting on your arse. I hear tell that when them there grocerythrowers are in there 40's, they are really in there 80's. did you ever think it might have something to do with, you're gettin old??? That grocerythrowing stuff is not for the weak and wimpys???:biglaugh:

Move down south somewhere, preferably on a beach, kick back in a lounge chair with a little umbrella drink, and after a couple of months, you'll be doing fine!!!:guiness:

After a couple of months, your new bride might be gone, but hey, Im no marriage counselor!

And by the way, I did hear that tell on the C.B., so, take it for what it's worth.:1036316054:

I just bought a pair of Wolverine boots yesterday. They feel really good but I'll let you know my opinion of them in about a week.

I use to have the same issue, there is some tendon that gives arch in feet that runs from the heel to the ball of the foot that gets tears in it, if it tears at the heel its a spur, at the ball its planta fasiaitis. I got a slip on elastic half sock, it was like a anklet that went from the arch to the ankle and had a cut-out for the heel and is thin enough for socks to go over, it gave really good arch support and helped alot. Like you I tried alot of inserts and I liked this because with all the movement a guys foot goes through it gave constant support. I think I got Walgreens in the foot dept. Boot wise I like the Timberland Titan Pros #26063 but the sole tends to crack on the boot that you lead with going up the ramp as they get older. Good Luck.

I have one, I need to get another one, I forgot about those, thank you for jogging my memory, and if it serves me correctly, that cut out on the heel and the seam around it is the reason I couldn't wear it, it was really irritating maybe I can find a couple that are smooth or I can fix them that way.

If you're on your feet a bunch, Carolina Grizzly boots are the ticket.

Those and georgia boots are good boots. I need to go today but the boot stores are closed, I gotta find a sporting goods store that has some of the boots mentioned on here and spend some time in them.

stick with red wings. they arent that cushy and comfortable at the beginning of the day, but 4 hours into it they are just the ticket for support. I had a pair of carolina's, which had a nice softer compound rubber for the soles, but it wore away VERY fast, and once i got into the day my feet started hurting from the lack of support. Red Wing soles are a lot harder, but still grippy where it counts (ramps with worn teeth, rickety stairs that customers are too cheap to fix, greasy floors/ ramps).

if your feet still hurt after you get red wings, i think you are suffering from an alcohol deficiency!

I was just gonna post that Wolverines are the most comfortable steel toes I've ever had...I knew if I read down some, another person would receommend them, too...