Estes | Boy its gittin ugly

can we all agree that the president is not alone in the blame of whats wrong.i never hear the congress getting blame too.the president wants many things but the congress has to approve it so they get as much blame as the president right? it would be really nice for term limits in the congress so they will stop voting for their next election.

Too late we are already in a depression ........Thanks to "W" 's war and giving out huge tax breaks to the corporations and not giving it to the people who buy the products and goods......Trickle down doesn't work.....unfortunately we have no manufacturing base anymore.....we are all service related industries......who can afford the big cars, big houses, I am not for tons of social programs however I think if the companies would have shared their profits through raises and other things we might not be where we are now.................greed on wall street killed us....thx McCain for pushing deregulating the stock market.........nothing like having the fox guard the hen hous ehuh?........I think obama is every working man's best choice......Let me ask this..........name one law, one bill one thing any republican president has done for the working blue collar man since nixon?......Everythign that has ever been done for the working man has been done by democrats......40 hours...overtime.....healthcare....social security.....family leave act..just my two cents.....:1036316054:

".Let me ask this..........name one law, one bill one thing any republican president has done for the working blue collar man since nixon?"

:smilie_132:The Bush tax cuts.... Get a calculator, get your old pay stubs, do the math under Clinton, and then do the math under Bush. Then get your 1040's and check the refund amounts. :nutkick: Next, turn off Katie Couric!

When both Republicans and Democrats realize it does not matter who is in office we are screwed, then Washington will actually have to change.

:

You have got to be kidding right?!!!! I am ready for a liberal agenda compared to what we have had for 8 yrs......If you will remmeber other than a poor choice with the women in his life clinton was a good president.....he got the economy up and running and the unemployment was at at an all time low......how did he do it?.......he pumped money in to college loans gave tax breaks to low income people gave money for extended unemployment.....I got some news for you the only one that makes out in war time is people that have government contracts and guess who pays for that in the end?......take a look at your check next week and thank "W" for the 1 trillion dollar tax debt........we had a surplus when clinton left office............but I guess because we democrats would rather spend the money at home and on our own people we are liberal....you guys say that like it is a bad thing.........I am liberal........I would much rather be liberal and have money than be conservative and be in debt and at war....and lose freedom of speech.........freedom of rights.....all this we lhave lost under "W"........just my 2 cents:1036316054:

:hide: Geeze, I'm sorry, but it seems it was Clinton and Barny Frank who went with "a chicken in every pot" idea, with the "poor family should have a house" whether they could afford it or not. Clinton left things off the books like big corperations do, to make the budget seem balanced.. Do you REALLY belive that this country was actually running in the black... EVER?????? :hysterical:

"he pumped money in to college loans"

Ya.... Fannie and Freddy.... EXACTLY WHY WE ARE WHERE WE ARE... Congratulations, you just figured out the economy of the United States of America!:1036316054:

When both Republicans and Democrats realize it does not matter who is in office we are screwed, then Washington will actually have to change.

Amen! Everybody is so wrapped up in the "black president" thing, that nobody has noticed that a revolution has just taken place. The voters threw everyone out, good or bad, and has CHANGED America. The republicans have NO say in ANYTHING now... Here's the wheel.... don't drive it off the road. Do the libs have a licence to drive this thing???:hide:

Just to keep on topic of truckingboards.com... I like trucks, and back them up and stuff!

can we all agree that the president is not alone in the blame of whats wrong.i never hear the congress getting blame too.the president wants many things but the congress has to approve it so they get as much blame as the president right? it would be really nice for term limits in the congress so they will stop voting for their next election.

Your right there my friend,for the last couple of years and even before Dems had the majority in Washington this administration has produced nothing more than glorified pissing contests.If you really look at this honestly both sides are to blame for this mess were in now.These were supposedly the best and the brightest this country has to offer and all they showed were their egos and attitudes and their premaddona propensity toward drama and self absortation.Im a hopeless optimist, and i really think this next four years can be a positive experience if all the people that have already doomed this administration to failure, just sit down,and quit spouting out the same tired dogma.Find some way to help yourself, or your neighbor, or your community.If you and yours need help ,find some and then be grateful if you do,and above all quit pointing fingers and blaming this man or that woman for things that have gone wrong in your life because you didn't get or achieve something,we can do, or be what ever we want, Mr Obama just proved that,anyway that's my rant for the day,and here's to better times ahead.

".Let me ask this..........name one law, one bill one thing any republican president has done for the working blue collar man since nixon?"

:smilie_132:The Bush tax cuts.... Get a calculator, get your old pay stubs, do the math under Clinton, and then do the math under Bush. Then get your 1040's and check the refund amounts. :nutkick: Next, turn off Katie Couric!

No actually bush senior read my lips taxes.....and getting back 300.00 dollars woppeee thanks bush you idiot........while the corporations raked in billions in tax relief and golden parachutes :chairshot:sounds fair.....

No actually bush senior read my lips taxes.....and getting back 300.00 dollars woppeee thanks bush you idiot........while the corporations raked in billions in tax relief and golden parachutes :chairshot:sounds fair.....

As bad as Bush senior's read my lips taxes were, Clinton added more on top of those... Undeniable history. Look it up.
I like trucks:1036316054:

let us call it as it is.all of the people in washington that are career politicians have had a hand in screwing up the system.this will never change as long as politicians are allowed to keep their office without a limit.

ALL OF THEM ARE TO BLAME. WE ARE ALSO TO BLAME FOR NOT TELLING THEM THEY ARE WRONG.

how many of us pay attention to what they vote on daily.they give us C-SPAN 1 & 2,i don't watch it do you?when we find they have done wrong do we vote them out,most of the time NO.

can we all agree that the president is not alone in the blame of whats wrong.i never hear the congress getting blame too.the president wants many things but the congress has to approve it so they get as much blame as the president right? It would be really nice for term limits in the congress so they will stop voting for their next election.

amen :1036316054: I just wish everyone else knew that

Too late we are already in a depression ........Thanks to "W" 's war and giving out huge tax breaks to the corporations and not giving it to the people who buy the products and goods......Trickle down doesn't work.....unfortunately we have no manufacturing base anymore.....we are all service related industries......who can afford the big cars, big houses, I am not for tons of social programs however I think if the companies would have shared their profits through raises and other things we might not be where we are now.................greed on wall street killed us....thx McCain for pushing deregulating the stock market.........nothing like having the fox guard the hen hous ehuh?........I think obama is every working man's best choice......Let me ask this..........name one law, one bill one thing any republican president has done for the working blue collar man since nixon?......Everythign that has ever been done for the working man has been done by democrats......40 hours...overtime.....healthcare....social security.....family leave act..just my two cents.....:1036316054:

Yikes, perhaps you don't realize that not affording tax benefits to major companies keeps people employed. I agree that major parachutes and bonuses are out of line but shareholders and board of directors should be speaking up. Parachutes are figured and thought up by Board of Directors of companies. Also it was the Demon-crats who pressed Bush for more affordable housing, hell they pressed Clinton for it, and to make it happen, Demon-crats got it bed with Fannie and Freddie (literally - Barney Frank (D) Taxachusettes) The in 2005 when everyone realized that these loans were being made to people without income verification the republicans asked the democrats who ran the housing portion of our government to investigate these loans and loan practices. But the Demo said Noooo, nothing is wrong, homeownership is at an all time high, what is there to investigate, you're just digging and wasting our time.... (yes, peeps who slapped sammies together at the local subway for $10 a hour were able to buy homes) and bundled as fudiciary assets to these banks - when the ARM rates went up the banks were stuck with a bunch of peeps that had no business owning homes and couldn't afford to pay. It's not just Wall Street, it's the real estate agents selling these homes looking for the quick sale, the brokers, the borrowers - every stinking person involved in the bogus real estate transaction for a now broke homeowner needs to held accountable and held to future standards of lending and selling. Owning a home in America isn't a right, it's a dream that most of us work our butts off for. What gets me is these people have the balls to say "well i didn't understand the papers and that my rate would go up..." the banks did the same thing when they took these bundled loans on as assets. Too stupid to lend and more stupid to borrow. this "i just fell off the turnip truck" act is not believable at all. And now MY dream is in danger because we have to clean up this mess through our tax dollars. My retirement is down 35% last I had the nerve to look and my guy is on 4 days a week, if he's lucky. So now that puts us in danger of losing what we worked so hard for, a retirement. So naturally we are cutting back. Everyone is. I'm sorry but this kind of stuff sends me into orbit. And now auto makers are failing and they are blaming this on them making too many SUV's? Come on! The auto industry is suffering because we all know someone who has lost their job or is in danger or losing their own job so ALL consumers are pulling back. People think lower gas prices but it's Economics 101, lower gas pricing means the economy is slowing down. And it's evident in the sales that are in stores now, the pricing of staple food items in grocery stores are going up - the inventories are backing up and less things are being ordered for inventories which means truckers are working less. If the Bush tax plan expires in 2010, look for even less jobs being available and higher taxes for EVERYONE. That's how Obama got away with saying that he wouldn't raise taxes because technically, he's not...If golden parachutes bug you, -if you're a share holder in a company or many companies, get involved, ask questions and read the annuals to see where a company is before you invest in or go to work for them. If you're not for a bunch of policies and programs, how can you be a Democrat? It's going to get a heck of a lot worse out here before it gets better.