XPO | Boycott the tdc -just say no

Good question! Not sure. Would he listen to me over him? Don't know. Would the SCM rather have one who stirs the pot or is a yes man? Both drivers being 20+ employees.

I guess you have to do what your conscience tells you to do, but what if this guy kills somebody a month from now, and you hadn't said anything..??

:hide: If the TDC costs 1 cent...forget it. If our company is in dire straits, cut the fat, become a TRUE lean machine.
I have never had a problem with Con-Way sponsoring DSR'S in the TDC, until NOW!
We have taken consessions in wages, 401K contributations, and lost 5 weeks vacation pay.
I am not even taking into consideration the earlier cuts and added expenses we have absorbed.
Why do we want to waste money on a competion?
It makes us look like we care about safety.
BIG DEAL!
We all know the truth about Con-Way and safety!
If it sounds good, we are there!
I am so much more proud of my own, and my fellow employees driving records than any TDC.
The only person that I am aware of competing in the TDC from my barn has smashed more freight than anyone else. He is also an a**hole on the road!
Truth is: thousands of us do our jobs every day and get harrassed if we slack off a little bit.....that is the REAL rodeo!
If you really want to contribuate to our pay cut...............go ahead.. sign up for the Rodeo! Longtimeltl!:smilie_132:

:hide: If the TDC costs 1 cent...forget it. If our company is in dire straits, cut the fat, become a TRUE lean machine.
We have taken consessions in wages, 401K contributations, and lost 5 weeks vacation pay.
I am not even taking into consideration the earlier cuts and added expenses we have absorbed.
BIG DEAL!
I am so much more proud of my own, and my fellow employees driving records than any TDC.
The only person that I am aware of competing in the TDC from my barn has smashed more freight than anyone else. He is also an a**hole on the road!
Truth is: thousands of us do our jobs every day and get harrassed if we slack off a little bit.....that is the REAL rodeo!
If you really want to contribuate to our pay cut...............go ahead.. sign up for the Rodeo! Longtimeltl!:smilie_132:

Well spoken ! DRIVER:shift:

BIG DEAL!

Wanna cut the fat and become a truly lean machine???

Ok...try this on for size...

Starting the beginning of next week all ins premium co-pays will be doubled...coverage will be reduced...no dental...no vision...no disability...no life insurance...That should save a bundle...Oh and while were at it the deductibles will be raised to an out of pocket minumums of $2000 per individual and $5000 per family.

Wanna get leaner???

No more company paid uniforms...you will be required to wear them but you will have to purchase them and launder them yourself. You will also be required to purchase a company coat for winter.

Leaner still?...

Any tools you need to do your job...(pallet jacks, straps,etc)...must be purchased by the driver. And the company will not be held responsible for their safety or security. You will also be required to purchase a lock for your trailer at your own expense. Plus any expense you may incur communicating with the company is on your dime...no reimbursement of any kind.

Not lean enough?

Now you will be required to purchase your own truck if you want to work for this LTL company. And with it all the headaches that go along with it...Oh and BTW...times are tough so we cannot guarantee work on a daily basis...we will call you if we need you!

This happened to a friend of mine...years of service with this company and overnight everthing changed.

Yep!!!...we have been shellacked...and I hate every bit of it!...but what are the alternatives...just go over to the YRC boards and look at the screwing those folks are getting!

There are people in Con-Way that trash freight everyday that have absolutely nothing to do with the TDC...and drive like morons everyday and they have nothing to do with the TDC...so what is your point?

You work for one of the best paying LTL companies out there...Yeah!!..stuff sucks at the moment...but that doesn't necessarily mean it will always continue to be this way!

If you are indeed truly unhappy with Con-Way as you sound...then do yourself a favor and move on...because honestly...things aren't going to improve drastically anytime soon...

Only the patient will survive and prosper.......

The whole boycott the TDC thing is becoming tiring and boring...some can't see beyond their own anger...being hateful for the sake of hateful..

Rat :ranting2:

Lets all send a message to JOHN L thats heard loud and clear by boycotting the truck driving championship.Already had several of our dsr,s drop out since Mondays 5% give back. Our retirement has been butchered so much that we will be lucky to get $100 at retirement.To many broken promises about how good our retirement is(WAS).Been told we had the best equipment,best insurance,best retirement and all that appears to be gone now. So if CONWAY is that broke lets help them save by not going to the TDC.Always been fun everyear but the funs gone.If i really thought that we were in bad a shape as they say, I would be the first to take any cuts that were needed to survive. Do your part and just say no to the TDC. John L wanted 1000 to compete i hope he gets 10. Maybe that way CONWAY can at least pay for those 10,s mileage.:Flame-On:
there are to many brown nosers that will cae to there scm pressure to do these waste of time and MONEY for unreal situations and while there at it drop the NASCAR truck theres another waste of 7 million dollars our regional manager claims they are getting a 14 million dollar return on this investment B.S. no way possible there is no one at these races and its seen on speed tv plus this guy cant finish a race wthout pounding the wall
so I agree anyone with any courage will tell your scm hell no we wont go

poor John L maybe we should all give him an extra 5% ya know so he can make ends meet Im sure its hard to get by on 2 million dollars a year

:hide: Midirat1255: your post does not change a thing! Con-Way wastes tons of $$$ while cutting MY wages and benefits! :smilie_132:

well, if he want knowledge, read books, go to driving school to learn the industry, if you have been in this long enough, then you realize that it is not a profession, just a job. maybe they might let you drive a 2000 tractor instead of a '99. just saying. lets just keep on trucking guys. tricks are for kids

well, if he want knowledge, read books, go to driving school to learn the industry, if you have been in this long enough, then you realize that it is not a profession, just a job. maybe they might let you drive a 2000 tractor instead of a '99. just saying. lets just keep on trucking guys. tricks are for kids

:hide: Kicks are for Trids! :smilie_132:

hey longtime whatever, I'm unhappy with the treatment of conway and I am not going to move on....As far as tdc goes Ive been to quite a few and done well, but the tdc doesn't make me a safer driver or does it make me do my pretrip any better. The tdc is 50% luck and 50% skill. Yrs. ago in the foothills of L.A. we had another tdc run by drivers we were called outlaws and the contest was more skill than luck.... H.P. thought it was great but the trucking co. wouldn't support it WHY......I am this yr. boycotting the rodeo and I will still do my pretrip and drive safely, as far as conway goes with thier attitudethey will drive this co. into the ground as they did with C.f. they blamed the union then what willl they blame it on now, drivers that didn't go to the tdc............

hey longtime whatever, I'm unhappy with the treatment of conway and I am not going to move on....As far as tdc goes Ive been to quite a few and done well, but the tdc doesn't make me a safer driver or does it make me do my pretrip any better. The tdc is 50% luck and 50% skill. Yrs. ago in the foothills of L.A. we had another tdc run by drivers we were called outlaws and the contest was more skill than luck.... H.P. thought it was great but the trucking co. wouldn't support it WHY......I am this yr. boycotting the rodeo and I will still do my pretrip and drive safely, as far as conway goes with thier attitudethey will drive this co. into the ground as they did with C.f. they blamed the union then what willl they blame it on now, drivers that didn't go to the tdc............

:hide: You Outlaw!
Do the best you can, and be safe! Even if it is against Con-Way principles.
I have never participated in the rodeo, never had the desire!
We all do our assigned tasks to the best of our ability.
My true feeling is, if it costs one cent, that they took away from us, it should be on the chopping block! :smilie_132:

Con-way drove CF into the ground..?? And blamed the union along the way..??? If I recall the company's stance on the closure of CF was poor decision making in the last few years of their existence..

Maybe thats what they told you folks on salary, but they told our drivers it was the union....I agree it was poor decisions and partly a union problem enough blame to go around

Maybe thats what they told you folks on salary, but they told our drivers it was the union....I agree it was poor decisions and partly a union problem enough blame to go around

Well, we were CWX at the time, so maybe CCX chose a different angle, but out here that was the position..

Perhaps you don't consider this a profession but I and many others like me do as well...

Please don't lump me and my fellow professionals into your just a job nonsense.

We do everyday what millions of others can't...

Rat :eck13:

:hide: Midirat1255: your post does not change a thing! Con-Way wastes tons of $$$ while cutting MY wages and benefits! :smilie_132:

I am not trying to change anything...just illustrating what things are like on the other side of the fence...

The 'SlamDunk' is what changed things...not me!

Rat

Perhaps you don't consider this a profession but I and many others like me do as well...

Please don't lump me and my fellow professionals into your just a job nonsense.

We do everyday what millions of others can't...

Rat :eck13:

At one time, a few years back, this was more than just a job.

Many here have done this for many,
many , years , regarding this farce.

Just4Thought

i signed up,but i will not go,and here is why!
1..I think i have a chance to win it..
2..I could really use the new truck..
3..It could be fun to compete insomething i think i am good at
4..I am sure all the drivers are good guys
(OK HERE IT COMES)
5.But i refuse to be a hypocrite and look like a happy conway driver,and even if one of us wins they get something worth more than a new pickup,,the ability to say they have the best in the country working for them...well not me not this time i feel like an abused spouse and its time to say enough is enough