XPO | Boycott the tdc -just say no

There are better things to do then spend the day with the best of the best;

madeatwwwtxt2piccom.jpg

Con-way drove CF into the ground..?? And blamed the union along the way..??? If I recall the company's stance on the closure of CF was poor decision making in the last few years of their existence..

Poor decision making ? In other words, management makes the decisions, so they led CF down the road to demise, not the general workforce. We had plenty of freight, loyal steady customers and dedicated employees.
Blame always seems to be a finger that is pointed in many directions, by many people, but in the end the Capitan guides the ships direction.
Hope we all survive the rough waters of the economy and this industry that is in turmoil.

Poor decision making ? In other words, management makes the decisions, so they led CF down the road to demise, not the general workforce. We had plenty of freight, loyal steady customers and dedicated employees.
Blame always seems to be a finger that is pointed in many directions, by many people, but in the end the Capitan guides the ships direction.
Hope we all survive the rough waters of the economy and this industry that is in turmoil.

The " CAPTAINS " of CF very well planned and implemented the " DEMISE " of CF by THEIR creation of CNW with the SALE / PROCEEDS from
FREIGHTLINER .

Just4Thought

union now

how about trying to unionize now while they claim to be down -- Obama is making it easier for you do it now

boycot the tdc

Lets all send a message to JOHN L thats heard loud and clear by boycotting the truck driving championship.Already had several of our dsr,s drop out since Mondays 5% give back. Our retirement has been butchered so much that we will be lucky to get $100 at retirement.To many broken promises about how good our retirement is(WAS).Been told we had the best equipment,best insurance,best retirement and all that appears to be gone now. So if CONWAY is that broke lets help them save by not going to the TDC.Always been fun everyear but the funs gone.If i really thought that we were in bad a shape as they say, I would be the first to take any cuts that were needed to survive. Do your part and just say no to the TDC. John L wanted 1000 to compete i hope he gets 10. Maybe that way CONWAY can at least pay for those 10,s mileage.:Flame-On:
well who thinks hes got the message?:TR10driving03:

Lets all send a message to JOHN L thats heard loud and clear by boycotting the truck driving championship.Already had several of our dsr,s drop out since Mondays 5% give back. Our retirement has been butchered so much that we will be lucky to get $100 at retirement.To many broken promises about how good our retirement is(WAS).Been told we had the best equipment,best insurance,best retirement and all that appears to be gone now. So if CONWAY is that broke lets help them save by not going to the TDC.Always been fun everyear but the funs gone.If i really thought that we were in bad a shape as they say, I would be the first to take any cuts that were needed to survive. Do your part and just say no to the TDC. John L wanted 1000 to compete i hope he gets 10. Maybe that way CONWAY can at least pay for those 10,s mileage.:Flame-On:
well who thinks hes got the message?:TR10driving03:

Our leaders have available to them many ways to send messages.

We have few......or based on our TDC participants that need to go out there and compete, we may have none. I commend Conway Trucker for attempting to collectively send a very strong message. He demonstrates integrity and he possess values. Of course, how could Conway Trucker possibly be a safe driver if he doesn't compete???

But we have a few opportunistic drivers that are living The Dream to defeat any attempt at demonstrating a strength-in-numbers message. So now we will continue to ask ourselves what we have been asking ourselves for years;
"What's next?"

Perhaps I don't want to send John L. a message. Perhaps I want to send Doug S. and the BODs a message. You are afixing the lions 's share of the blame to the wrong people. Dino Dougie and the Boys were the final say in the cuts. I am sure there was input by every president of each of the Con-Way companies. And yes I am sure their input was considered...but do you know what the John L. input consisted of ???...do have any knowledge of the input by any of the other presidents???...perhaps you have insider knowledge or have access to the minutes of the meetings or a copy of the agenda...Please share...people here want to know!!! (or at least I do!).

We have few......or based on our TDC participants that need to go out there and compete, we may have none. I commend Conway Trucker for attempting to collectively send a very strong message. He demonstrates integrity and he possess values. Of course, how could Conway Trucker possibly be a safe driver if he doesn't compete???

But we have a few opportunistic drivers that are living The Dream to defeat any attempt at demonstrating a strength-in-numbers message. So now we will continue to ask ourselves what we have been asking ourselves for years;
"What's next?"

The villification of our fellow drivers for doing something they want or don't want to do isn't right. The TDC is something they are doing on their own. If they want to participate, that is their decision and theirs alone. Alienating those who chose to participate accomplishes nothing but adversity amongst those who work here. And we have enough adversity without creating more...especially amongst ourselves.

To accuse any TDC participant of attempting to defeat a strength in numbers message due to their decision to participate is to put it bluntly...an insult.

TDC participants have suffered the same cuts and 'enhancments' as non-participants and they are just as upset as anyone else. If one chooses not to participate due to the cuts...then OK...or if an individual decides to participate in spite of everything that has happened then thats OK too!! To each his own!!!

There is only one way to collectively send a strong message to Con-Way...and it is not by boycotting the TDC. What remains to be seen is if those wishing to send the message have the sack it takes to do so.

Rat :shift:

"What's next?"

The villification of our fellow drivers for doing something they want or don't want to do isn't right. The TDC is something they are doing on their own. If they want to participate, that is their decision and theirs alone. Alienating those who chose to participate accomplishes nothing but adversity amongst those who work here. And we have enough adversity without creating more...especially amongst ourselves.

To accuse any TDC participant of attempting to defeat a strength in numbers message due to their decision to participate is to put it bluntly...an insult.

TDC participants have suffered the same cuts and 'enhancments' as non-participants and they are just as upset as anyone else. If one chooses not to participate due to the cuts...then OK...or if an individual decides to participate in spite of everything that has happened then thats OK too!! To each his own!!!

There is only one way to collectively send a strong message to Con-Way...and it is not by boycotting the TDC. What remains to be seen is if those wishing to send the message have the sack it takes to do so.

Rat :shift:

Your logic blows me away so lets examine your train of thoughts:

Never mind.

But I will ask a question; What message do you want to send to our leaders by participating?

t d c

"What's next?"
well i think we had 7 to start now down to 2.:shift:

No, but you know, you might be onto something there...

No Dude...Don't even go there!!!!

Seems to me I remember a Superbowl pool party with strippers and the like...and was the Rodent invited???..:ranting2:

Nope!!!...be in therapy since....:nutkick:

Thanks for memories!

Rat :biglaugh:

Attitude, People do any of you have any good thing to say about your employer? Employees in this day an time should be very thankful they even have a job to go to, much less a job with good pay and benefits. Before anyone jumps on that remember you still have a better paying job than 85% of the U.S. citizens. If you all are that angry at Con-Way why don't you take a week of vacation and go job hunting. You can find a job any where but can you find a job with as good of pay and benefits, I don't think so. I know this pay cut hurts everyone but LOOK AROUND PEOPLE, EVERYONE IS CUTTING JOBS AND PAY AND PENSIONS. Feel blessed you still have a job to go to. As far as The T.D.C. get over it, you all are like a bunch of kids in pre-school either go or don't go but at least act like an adult and don't go around behind the bosses backs and try to get others to drop out. Make a video and send to all employees explaining why they should not attend. Get your point across that way, not on a board that 99% of the employees will never see. Grow up!!!!!!!!

:hide: Dude: Get A life!!!!!!!!!! :smilie_132: