XPO | Braintree, MA terminal?

Sharky

TB Lurker
Credits
A local trucking school tells me that XPO will be hiring after the first of the year. Is anyone familiar with the Braintree terminal?
They claim that a Class A CDL is all you need, 3 to 5 weeks training.
My other question is how long the hiring process would take.
Thanks!

Along with haz-mat goes tanker endorsement. I would talk to the terminal manager when you get your license. They may hire you without your endorsements with the agreement that you get them within a certain amount of time. Haz-mat takes a while with background checks and fingerprints. I’d say our hiring process takes about a month. Manager can confirm you don’t need experience to start. Some locations are also offering a sign on bonus, not sure about South Boston (Braintree).

Along with haz-mat goes tanker endorsement. I would talk to the terminal manager when you get your license. They may hire you without your endorsements with the agreement that you get them within a certain amount of time. Haz-mat takes a while with background checks and fingerprints. I’d say our hiring process takes about a month. Manager can confirm you don’t need experience to start. Some locations are also offering a sign on bonus, not sure about South Boston (Braintree).

I have a class B with Hazmat and tanker already. Class A permit is in hand just need to get the license. I wonder if I could apply now.

Much to my dismay that is the policy my barn has pursued. New hires without proper endorsements are given a certain length of time to attain them or they will be released. I asked the TM and he said not many drivers with a CDL have the endorsements XPO requires but we need warm bodies. SMH.

We had a guy go through the school with con-way and failed to get his haz-mat. They let him go. Since we got sold shortly after, he had no obligation to XPO.

I have a class B with Hazmat and tanker already. Class A permit is in hand just need to get the license. I wonder if I could apply now.
We do not have a 3 week class, we do have a 5 week class, but that is for students already in possession of a CDL Class A. With a class B, you can hire on as a dockworker, but not a driver unless you can bring a Class A with you. Should you decide to get your Class A before applying, make sure you get it in a truck with a clutch because an automatic restriction will not work when operating most of our equipment. If you apply with your current credential, they will put you on the dock until a school starts. This will be either a 9 or 12 week school for students who do not yet posses a Class A.

A local trucking school tells me that XPO will be hiring after the first of the year. Is anyone familiar with the Braintree terminal?
They claim that a Class A CDL is all you need, 3 to 5 weeks training.
My other question is how long the hiring process would take.
Thanks!
4 to 6 weeks to get hired. Paperwork and backround check. I would apply only after you get your class A CDL with double and triples and tanker. As for Hazmat I would have passed the test and have the TSA paperwork already submitted.
The reason I say this is because we have a guy that started as a FULL TIME dockworker and full-time for over 2 months. When he went to XPO truck driving school XPO put him a PART-TIME employee even though he was getting 7hrs a night on O/B dock. Putting him as P/T made him ineligible for benefits. He found this out when he went to sign up during open enrollment.
Yet they sit there and wander why these driving school driver quit after 2yrs