Yellow | "Brand Adaptable Trailers" & "Dual-Use Tractors"!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
YRC National Transportation President Mike S. sent a message the other day saying that due to an equipment imbalance of trailers due to Yellow and Roadway not getting the one-way rail trailers from the railroads anymore, that Yellow and Roadway will start using white-sided trailers with a changeable logo placard on the front and rear. With a flip of the placard, either Yellow or Roadway can utilize a trailer with the proper logo.

Also mentioned was dual-use of the Yellow and Roadway tractor fleet, utilizing linehaul power in the city during the day, and city power in the linehaul operation at night! Maybe someone should explain to Mike that a lot of our city tractors would never make it running the road, day and night! Then there is the additional cost of licensing, maintenance, etc. Mike said it is critical to controlling fleet expense as well as the capital expenditure outlay of Yellow and Roadway. We better keep an eye on this. Sound like a lot of interchanging of freight will also be possible. Who will keep track of who's getting what freight? Will we have drivers laid off at Yellow with Roadway booming, or vice-versa? Where's the IBT Freight Division on this one?! Stay tuned...:toxic:

YRC National Transportation President Mike S. sent a message the other day saying that due to an equipment imbalance of trailers due to Yellow and Roadway not getting the one-way rail trailers from the railroads anymore, that Yellow and Roadway will start using white-sided trailers with a changeable logo placard on the front and rear. With a flip of the placard, either Yellow or Roadway can utilize a trailer with the proper logo.

Also mentioned was dual-use of the Yellow and Roadway tractor fleet, utilizing linehaul power in the city during the day, and city power in the linehaul operation at night! Maybe someone should explain to Mike that a lot of our city tractors would never make it running the road, day and night! Then there is the additional cost of licensing, maintenance, etc. Mike said it is critical to controlling fleet expense as well as the capital expenditure outlay of Yellow and Roadway. We better keep an eye on this. Sound like a lot of interchanging of freight will also be possible. Who will keep track of who's getting what freight? Will we have drivers laid off at Yellow with Roadway booming, or vice-versa? Where's the IBT Freight Division on this one?! Stay tuned...:toxic:

Can we send this tool a copy of the contract? Then he would know about stuff like the a/c requirement and the speed requirements.

What article in the contract has language about speed requirements? I can not find it.

Yeah, neither can I.

It would seem to be greivable if you were in a tractor that does 57 when everybody elses does 62. Equal protection or something.

I remember it being purposed at the last contract but for some reason the language never made it into the contract.

It's in there I can't remember where but I read it all road tractors are to be goverened no less than 62 mph If I find it I'll post where in my handy-dandy book.

Here in Indy they pulled all our city trucks out about 5 years ago. Nothing but road power here. Road runs it, parks it, a city man climbs in. City climbs out-- off it goes to who knows where. Not much sits here at all, except maybe Saturday night- Sunday. By Monday they're back at it!

I think the ibts favorite line is "we will monitor the situation closely" That always makes me feel so much safer:nutkick:

What article in the contract has language about speed requirements? I can not find it.

Well, article 16 section 6e - tractors added to the road fleet and assigned to road ops on a reg basis Wether newly manufactured or NOT NEWLY manufactured shall be air conditioned.

I could swaer there was something about the 62 mph deal, but I can't find it yet either.

My question is what happens when both a yellow driver and a roadway driver show up for the same trailer?

When both show up, a Holland driver sneaks in a takes the thing-- that's who has all the freight anyway.....

I was curious and checked the numbers to see if it stayed in our system or not. 131000 series-- still Yellow. I'm curious about what color the dual use tractors are......Yellow's SwampHolly Orange, Roadway Blue, or Holland Orange, as many of the 50995 series are??????? That could be a hint of the future of the companies????????

I found it it was added as a momo of understanding, therefore not in the little book. Anyway, any new or additional equipment ordered to the road fleet after 4/1/03 shall be specified with the manufacturer to achive a minimum fleet road speed of 62 mph

www.tdu.org/Freight/Freight_NMFA_TA/NMFA_2003.pdf+national+master+freight+agreement+truck+mph&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us]NATIONAL MASTER FREIGHT AGREEMENT COVERING OVER-THE-ROAD AND LOCAL CARTAGE EMPLOYEES OF PRIVATE, COMMON, CONTRACT AND LOCAL[/url]

I'm curious about what color the dual use tractors are......Yellow's SwampHolly Orange, Roadway Blue, or Holland Orange, as many of the 50995 series are??????? That could be a hint of the future of the companies????????

yet another good qestion. Wouldn't it just be easier to label them all YRC world wide or what ever our evil empire is called this week?

The "MEMO" does not say that "TRACTORS" would be dual use between Yellow and Roadway, it refers to dual use between road and city operations within your own company....DUH!
We already do that now, on a small scale.

A tractor is a tractor is a tractor is what I read. Linehaul or City. Nothing about within 1 company man. We all read different things. DUH. I'm thinking 1 company but I really don't believe it is specified. You live in a happy space - me :hide:

A tractor is a tractor is a tractor is what I read. Linehaul or City. Nothing about within 1 company man. We all read different things. DUH. I'm thinking 1 company but I really don't believe it is specified. You live in a happy space - me :hide:

What YRC is failing to take into account is State Law. Most states require base plating of vehicles used in that state (ie P & D) in that state. What happens when there aren't any properly base plated tractors left for a terminal to make daily P & D runs?

What YRC is failing to take into account is State Law. Most states require base plating of vehicles used in that state (ie P & D) in that state. What happens when there aren't any properly base plated tractors left for a terminal to make daily P & D runs?
You may be right I sold my rig in "91" and have'nt kept up with such things. I still ain't coming out from under my chair :hide:

I'll be first to admit I'm ignorant on this matter, but it kind of defies Interstate Commerce, which is what Yellow/Roadway does. How can that state regulate P and D when we are picking up freight going nationwide? Can they stop Scheider, or J B Hunt from delivering a load they picked up in another state? At most, my Indiana must not have these kind of laws, since we've been doing this road power stuff for years....

I could see it in Intrastate Commerce, but not Interstate......of course I could be wrong.....but I'd bet Yellow does what Yellow wants, regardless.....