Yellow | "Brand Adaptable Trailers" & "Dual-Use Tractors"!

Yes, I had 13xxx with a messed up computer one night. It would do 75. It may have been capable of more, but I didn't want to speed (speed limit 75)
Did you happen to notice how much better that 13 rode and drove past the 4th stage of vibration? And how good it hugged the curves on the interstate?:1036316054:

Just a side note (albeit, a bit off topic)...
Did you know that the interstate highway system was originally designed for a travel speed of 70 mph?
No wonder I always feel like I'm parked on the side of a hill while going around a curve... Sometimes I feel like the truck is gonna just fall over in those steep curves... That's when I feel the real need, THE NEED FOR SPEED!... just so 'ol yeller will stay upright...

They were designed for use by the military...
Yes they were! That was the primary intent of Eisenhower, to have a network of hi-speed roads (like the German autobahns) to ensure fast movement of military supplies and hardware in case of national emergency. But in the design of the system itself, the designers sought to build roads that would accomodate travel speeds of 70 mph...

I know company power units have to have the companies name on the doors,but do the trailers have to have any names on them?
Can't companys just haul plan white,or gray trailers with no company names on them?

It'd never work. Between shippers misloading them and others stealing them, it just wouldn't work. I'm still waiting to see what happens when we count on having 6 empties dropped at a shipper, and then Big R, needing trailers, simply takes them and switches the placards......SURPRISE!!!!!!!:biglaugh: :hysterical: :nutkick:

Yes they were! That was the primary intent of Eisenhower, to have a network of hi-speed roads (like the German autobahns) to ensure fast movement of military supplies and hardware in case of national emergency. But in the design of the system itself, the designers sought to build roads that would accomodate travel speeds of 70 mph...

You are 100% correct!

However, I'm still waiting to see the late 1950's truck that would haul a Sherman Tank down the Interstate at 70 mph.:hysterical:

It'd never work. Between shippers misloading them and others stealing them, it just wouldn't work. I'm still waiting to see what happens when we count on having 6 empties dropped at a shipper, and then Big R, needing trailers, simply takes them and switches the placards......SURPRISE!!!!!!!:biglaugh: :hysterical: :nutkick:

Or just jokers flipping the signs to confuse things.

Or just jokers flipping the signs to confuse things.

My college-grad dispatcher says things like that can't happen..........he didn't expound on his basis for that theory...:chairshot: Either that or I'm just not smart enough to understand.......

15582: I was driving 63 and thought "This thing's got more!" I got up to 77 then I backed off to under 65. A mile or so later, there was a radar set-up, in a 60 mile zone.....:hide:

Just thought I would add my 2 cents as I have seen several of these trailers lately. It seems that all the 28' trailers have Yellow numbers 131+ series and all the 53' have Roadway numbers. Half of the trailers I have seen either say YellWay or the flips seem to have "fallen off" already.

As for city/linepower we have two trucks that are to be used in city and linehaul, they were designated as such when they were added into the fleet, and the numbers are 1600s out here all the city power is registered in IL. Another issue I can think of is the fuel, in our shop L/H fuel and city fuel are pumped from different pumps because the tax rate differs.

The shop guy also told me that Yellow is done ordering Volvo tractors although the ones previously ordered would continue to show up for some time. Most of the new trucks are going to be Internationals I think he said. Something about Volvo only using their engine and Yellow wanting to use a Cat engine they have used previously.

Guess what happens with the newer Volvos when a light in the dash goes out. You replace the instrument cluster. Cluster is the word for it, well one of the words anyway